By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Prediction: Second Son (PS4) Will Outsell Titanfall (Xbox One) in Lifetime

Well and what about official numbers?

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network
naruball said:
DivinePaladin said:

Really? It's my least favorite InFamous by far. It's distinctly NOT infamous in a lot of ways, Delsin is poorly written, the plot is just one convenient meetup after another instead of actual development, and the side characters are forgotten about after their four missions. It's also painfully short and only lasts as long as it does because you HAVE to collect Blast Shards for progression. 

I honestly believe First Light is the better InFamous by a long shot. It's got distinctly more-inFamous missions, the character is interesting and often at least decently written, and it brings back staples that I actually forgot about because they were taken out of SS. 

Couldn't disagree more. I hated Cole (or whatever his name was). His voice and attitude were boring as hell. Delsin has character and I found him quite a few times hilarious. It was the first time I actually cared about the story. Easily the best Infamous to date, for me, though I didn't play Infamous 2 all that much.

First Light is good too. Nice story and a somewhat relatable protagonist. Augustine was interesting in both games. I don't remember who the main villain in the first one was.

Cole was the main villain in the first one.

Predicting that Second Son (PS4) will outsell Titanfall (XOne) in lifetime sales.  Click here for sales comparison thread.

naruball said:

Couldn't disagree more. I hated Cole (or whatever his name was). His voice and attitude were boring as hell. Delsin has character and I found him quite a few times hilarious. It was the first time I actually cared about the story. Easily the best Infamous to date, for me, though I didn't play Infamous 2 all that much.

First Light is good too. Nice story and a somewhat relatable protagonist. Augustine was interesting in both games. I don't remember who the main villain in the first one was.

Delsin is essentially antagonistic the entire game, and his character never fits as a hero when you choose that path.  They effectively pigeonholed his writing into the InFamous path, which would be a good thing if they hadn't done it so poorly.  There are literally five times where you side with your brother with no issues on one mission, and then suddenly Delsin has a mood swing and lashes out because it's convenient to the plot.  It helps that Delsin's brother physically can't understand the concept of Conduits being NOT evil, because propaganda, I guess?  There's no coherence to these two characters from one mission to another, and it's about as bad as Cole is in inFamous 1.

The difference is Cole is just boring in the first game.  I actively disliked Delsin when he was inFamous, but I couldn't rightfully play him as a hero because it didn't feel right.  (It helps that the moves are objectively better when you're evil in Second Son, so they're pretty much leaving karmic choices in there because reasons.)  I mean, I still DID play him both ways, because I've 100%ed this entire series, but it just never felt right - as if they were trying to invoke the whole "good and evil are too black and white" and making Delsin play wildly shifting shades of gray no matter which side you were on.  Cole in inFamous 1 is just kind of there, with things happening to him rather than him reacting to things.  But there's a reason they overhauled him for 2, and why 2 is such a phenomenal game as a result.  That version of Cole, up until we meet Fetch, is the most relatable we get for a character, and the Evil choices you can make with him actually make sense some of the time, with Cole still being Cole when he's evil.  Particularly near the end that holds true.  With Delsin, they should've just removed Karmic choices because they simply don't work in Second Son.

You should check out my YouTube channel, The Golden Bolt!  I review all types of video games, both classic and modern, and I also give short flyover reviews of the free games each month on PlayStation Plus to tell you if they're worth downloading.  After all, the games may be free, but your time is valuable!

Nice prediction! Definitely going to happen (maybe not this year but it will happen)!

Infamous was my first PS4 game and I really enjoyed it

Although it does get a little repetitive, doing the same missions over and over again. I hope they can fix it in the next game

Around the Network
DivinePaladin said:
naruball said:

Delsin is essentially antagonistic the entire game, and his character never fits as a hero when you choose that path.  They effectively pigeonholed his writing into the InFamous path, which would be a good thing if they hadn't done it so poorly.  There are literally five times where you side with your brother with no issues on one mission, and then suddenly Delsin has a mood swing and lashes out because it's convenient to the plot.  It helps that Delsin's brother physically can't understand the concept of Conduits being NOT evil, because propaganda, I guess?  There's no coherence to these two characters from one mission to another, and it's about as bad as Cole is in inFamous 1.

The difference is Cole is just boring in the first game.  I actively disliked Delsin when he was inFamous, but I couldn't rightfully play him as a hero because it didn't feel right.  (It helps that the moves are objectively better when you're evil in Second Son, so they're pretty much leaving karmic choices in there because reasons.)  I mean, I still DID play him both ways, because I've 100%ed this entire series, but it just never felt right - as if they were trying to invoke the whole "good and evil are too black and white" and making Delsin play wildly shifting shades of gray no matter which side you were on.  Cole in inFamous 1 is just kind of there, with things happening to him rather than him reacting to things.  But there's a reason they overhauled him for 2, and why 2 is such a phenomenal game as a result.  That version of Cole, up until we meet Fetch, is the most relatable we get for a character, and the Evil choices you can make with him actually make sense some of the time, with Cole still being Cole when he's evil.  Particularly near the end that holds true.  With Delsin, they should've just removed Karmic choices because they simply don't work in Second Son.

Just wanted to say thanks for the elaborate response. I look forward to going back to Infamous 2 and finishing the story (I actually only played for an hour or so) to what you're talking about, since it sounds interesting. Only problem I have a data cap and don't know when I'll be able to download the game again.

naruball said:
DivinePaladin said:

Just wanted to say thanks for the elaborate response. I look forward to going back to Infamous 2 and finishing the story (I actually only played for an hour or so) to what you're talking about, since it sounds interesting. Only problem I have a data cap and don't know when I'll be able to download the game again.

2 is something really special, so whenever you do get the chance, give it a whirl. I still enjoyed some parts of SS immensely, but it's very basic in its execution and by the end I was just as sick of it as I was of the first game. Difference is the first game had that mindfuck at the end that actually made the trudge through the rest of the game sort of worth it for no particular reason. With SS it was insanely fun at first for me and then the cracks were growing more and more by the end, from the static enemy variation to Delsin's poor development, etc. 2 had the best of both, minus SS's graphics of course, and FL felt more like 2 than SS, which is why I loved it enough to buy a disc from Europe just to have it in my collection. 

You should check out my YouTube channel, The Golden Bolt!  I review all types of video games, both classic and modern, and I also give short flyover reviews of the free games each month on PlayStation Plus to tell you if they're worth downloading.  After all, the games may be free, but your time is valuable!

DivinePaladin said:

With Delsin, they should've just removed Karmic choices because they simply don't work in Second Son.

I disagree, I love the idea of it. Diferrent endgings in gaming is one of the best ideas in it. U are not tied to the creator vision.

KingofTrolls said:
DivinePaladin said:

With Delsin, they should've just removed Karmic choices because they simply don't work in Second Son.

I disagree, I love the idea of it. Diferrent endgings in gaming is one of the best ideas in it. U are not tied to the creator vision.

It's a good idea when it's executed remotely well. InFamous 1 already came at a time after Karmic decisions had been done better, but the black and white good or evil execution worked in 1 because it was almost charming how ridiculous it was. In 2 they humanized it a bit, just enough that these decisions were believable things a person would actually consider. In SS they went back to ridiculous, except with a more poorly-designed, all over the place character who clearly had good intentions but was just an antagonistic ass, and the decisions had very little rhyme or reason to them. If they weren't going to even try there's no point in continuing the Karmic decisions at all, especially since the games tend to lean heavily one way or the other canonically. Some mechanics simply fall by the wayside with time, and there are better ways to keep the player's experience unique and separate from creator vision without maintaining an already antiquated and failing concept. Fallout New Vegas eased people away from Karma and instead focused on relationships with characters and reputation among different communities, because Karma was already outdated by Fallout 3 and there was no real way to fix it. InFamous may as well have done the same on PS4 since most of the buyers never even touched 1 or 2 anyway and the series was effectively getting restarted for a new audience. 

KingofTrolls said:
DivinePaladin said:

Same here. The evil (or whatever is called) ending actually gave me chills.