By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why Are You Guys Doubting Xbox One Cloud? It Can Surly Push Graphics Above PS4...

Adinnieken said:
Figgycal said:
Adinnieken said:
kupomogli said:
Microsoft's power of the cloud is stating that they'll enhance the game itself, not stream the whole game to you. Streaming video content is one thing, streaming uncompressed textures and other stuff is not going to be possible on the cloud.

If streaming video is the power of the cloud then OnLive is better than Xbox One.

Watch Nvidia's video. 

Link please? I don't know what I'm supposed to be looking for.

http://youtu.be/TD_b6t_LnNI

Did you happen to watch the video? Its about amortizing lighting for gpu rendered games. We already have heard about the possibilities of this but we already KNOW that given the XB1s tech coupled with the current state of most peoples connections over the internet there is very little chance that they will be able to leverage Da Clowd to improve graphics directly. Sure, having dedicated servers to relieve processing for matchmaking, and even AI scripting in online games a la TItanfal or Drivatars etc. makes sense as those won't cause visual issues and any device can take advntage of that. Oh, and the Nvidia demo claims a max of 30FPS client side.

They also compare another iteration of the Nvidia CloudLight directly to Gaikai and OnLive! Meaning one method is simply streaming video just like they are doing with PS Now.

Right now, the MS promise with the current XB1 hardware is pie in the sky or cloud in this case.

Around the Network
DerNebel said:
DeadBigfoot21 said:
We will see it first in Titanfall. The first game to use the cloud.

That game doesn't even look that much better than a current gen game, if Titanfall is supposed to show the capabilities of the Cloud to make X1 games look better, then that's real sad.

When did i say it was going to make it look better? 

Its gonna be used for AI, lighting and other stuff. The AI in the game are not going to be like AI in any other game. Plus microsoft has more projects that will use the cloud aswell. It is just starting. Games will use the cloud for other purposes. 

I already have a toaster and it was a lot cheaper than either console...

Toasters to win the next console war!

DeadBigfoot21 said:
DerNebel said:
DeadBigfoot21 said:

That game doesn't even look that much better than a current gen game, if Titanfall is supposed to show the capabilities of the Cloud to make X1 games look better, then that's real sad.

Its gonna be used for AI, lighting and other stuff. The AI in the game are not going to be like AI in any other game. Plus microsoft has more projects that will use the cloud aswell. It is just starting. Games will use the cloud for other purposes. 

I thought Forza already used it for AI?

I'm honestly loving toastboy threads right now, just because every time the majority of people take it seriously. I mean earlier someone said that they hope he's kidding and it's like, there's a picture of an xbox cloud plus ellie equals toast. And you guys are taking this super seriously, or think he might be serious.

Around the Network
DeadBigfoot21 said:
DerNebel said:
DeadBigfoot21 said:

The title of the thread says that the Cloud is going to make games look better on the X1 and your comment said "we will see it first in Titanfall", how else was that supposed to be interpreted?

LOL and the dilusion continues. Denial really is a strong emotion.

Scoobes said:
DeadBigfoot21 said:
DerNebel said:
DeadBigfoot21 said:

Yes it uses the AI to make "smarter" opponents when playing the SP (i believe)

Titanfall will use the cloud for more than just smarter AI.

Scoobes said:
DeadBigfoot21 said:
DerNebel said:
DeadBigfoot21 said:

Total BS and MS lies. What happens when you play forza offline? No one will use cloud at all when the system can be played offline. IT is pointless and would fracture a games userbase, and cloud is only really good for background tasks streaming.

ROTFL, yeah the power of the cloud for xbone will make games run at 900p instead of 720p... LMAO