By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Skyrim to come to PS4/Xbox One?

Do you care?

Yes 38 38.78%

No 34 34.69%

All I know is my gut says maybe 15 15.31%

I've wasted enough of my... 10 10.20%

Total:97

I was actually hoping this would happen.

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

Around the Network

I really hope they would enhance it, not just visually but perhaps improve the general feel of playing the game. Make it more immersive. Perhaps more people moving about skyrim. More creatures etc. It wouldn't be a bad thing to incorporate the very best mods from the beginning to create the best version. I don't have a ps4 yet but would certainly buy it if I had one. Currently playing the PC version.

snyps said:
I wonder if in '07 PS3 owners would be thrilled to get ps2 games.

Nope, but PS3 owners getting Skyrim should be happy.  Even though the latest patch Bethesda had Sony help them work on it and it actually works well with minimal frame drops.  I'd still appreciate 30fps or 60fps with no frame drops better though.

I'd like for them to add some sort of balance patch actually.  The game is so unbalanced it's r idiculous.  If you have it on the starting difficulty it's way too easy, but if you increase it like one or two difficulties to where humans and dragons aren't a joke, you'll get one or two shotted against sabertooth and giant frostbite spider aside from the one at the start of the game. 

Skyrim has better gameplay and leveling, Oblivion has good gameplay, crappy leveling, but better everything else.  It's like every Bethesda game has atleast one glaring flaw.  I didn't play much of Morrowind and haven't played anything else but Fallout 3 which I didn't like because I wanted to play it in real time but it sucks in real time.

Free money while becoming familiar with the hardware. Sounds good to me. Though I'm currently playing through modded up Skyrim on PC I'm sure many wouldn't mind.

I predict that the Wii U will sell a total of 18 million units in its lifetime. 

The NX will be a 900p machine

kupomogli said:
snyps said:
I wonder if in '07 PS3 owners would be thrilled to get ps2 games.

Nope, but PS3 owners getting Skyrim should be happy.  Even though the latest patch Bethesda had Sony help them work on it and it actually works well with minimal frame drops.  I'd still appreciate 30fps or 60fps with no frame drops better though.

I'd like for them to add some sort of balance patch actually.  The game is so unbalanced it's r idiculous.  If you have it on the starting difficulty it's way too easy, but if you increase it like one or two difficulties to where humans and dragons aren't a joke, you'll get one or two shotted against sabertooth and giant frostbite spider aside from the one at the start of the game. 

Skyrim has better gameplay and leveling, Oblivion has good gameplay, crappy leveling, but better everything else.  It's like every Bethesda game has atleast one glaring flaw.  I didn't play much of Morrowind and haven't played anything else but Fallout 3 which I didn't like because I wanted to play it in real time but it sucks in real time.

That's true.  And Morrowind had the biggest playground to explore, more variety in magic, and best placed treasures.. but crappy leveling and of crappy visuals, best in the series but flawed like you said.  I'd like them to remake it.  Maybe they'd come closer to perfection.

Around the Network

I would rebuy Skyrim gladly if it does come to the PS4. Oblivion was one of the big reasons why I got myself a PS3 at the time...Skyrim should complete it nicely.

Skyrim is one of the most overhyped games of last gen.
I love rpgs. But skyrim bored me after like 50 hours of gameplay. It's not that good.

must-have-list for platforms i don't own yet:

WiiU: Donkey Kong

XBone: Dead Rising 3, Ryse

If it has extremely short load times like the PC, I'd consider buying it.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Mr Puggsly said:
If it has extremely short load times like the PC, I'd consider buying it.

Good point. That's perhaps the main difference between PC and consoles with Skyrim (apart from modding of course). Loading times get very painful on PS3 since you constantly go in and out of dungeons, rooms, buildings and towns in the game. It bothered me a lot.

I'd like this but it's not the game you want to start all over again so il just keep the ps3 version

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...