By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Prediction: PS4 to sell a minimum of around 70% of its lifetime sells in the first 2 to 3 years in the market.

Tagged games:

The PS2 sold 150 million in the first 30 days. And the PS4 is currently selling on all the hype in the world. (people wanted me to explain why I believe what I said in the OP)

Around the Network

Hmmm, it's not impossible that the whole console market does collapse, but I think it will take more than 3 years

Realistically, Sony's sales might be something like if we go by financial years, ie ending in March

Year 1: 5-6m
Year 2: 10-12m
Year 3: 12-14m

These are complete guesses and maybe on the high side, but anyway, that would lead to ~30m units sold. So basically the OP is suggesting that the PS4 won't sell 40m units ever.

No

PS2 did what now?

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

Kaizar said:

The PS2 sold 150 million in the first 30 days. And the PS4 is currently selling on all the hype in the world. (people wanted me to explain why I believe what I said in the OP)

150M in the fisrt 30 days?

PS2 sold 50 millions after the sixth year

@ OP)

so you say PS4 is Wii2 ?
you sure seem to be knowledgeable in that field with those two Nintendomination banners in your sig, so I'll trust you on this one

Around the Network
Kaizar said:

What? Get your numbers straight bro.

Then again, those banners on your sig tell the story.

Kaizar said:

What is wrong with u? This is ur third time posting this bullshit, PS2 did not sell 150m in 30 days. It took over 5 years for it to pass 100m and over 10 years to pass 150m.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Actually I think it's the other way around i.e. 70 % of PS4 sales will come AFTER 2-3 years. All previous PS consoles have shown they have this staying power because Sony support their consoles throughout their lifetime.

Wow if PS2 did 150 million in 1 month I wonder how much it did in 12 years.

Is this thread serious? Hard to sell 150 million PS2's in a month when it's impossible to manufacture that many.