By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Prediction: PS4 to sell a minimum of around 70% of its lifetime sells in the first 2 to 3 years in the market.

Tagged games:

greenmedic88 said:
Kaizar said:
greenmedic88 said:
No.

To the prediction based upon nothing; not so much as an explanation as to why PS4 sales would be so heavily front loaded such as the case was with the Wii, the short answer is no.

I'd say this prediction should be pinned in your signature, but my guess is that you'll be long gone before 2-3 years is up.

And what do you say about people who say the exact samething about the 3DS?

I haven't heard anyone saying the exact same thing about the 3DS. 

Go ahead and post links so I can poke a bunch of holes in their wish fulfillment theories as well. 

The 3DS is essentially keeping Nintendo afloat currently and I don't see that changing even over the next 2-3 years. 

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=5944093

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=166018&page=244

Also DerNebel & zorg1000 on this Thread we're posting on (175657), in page 5

Around the Network
Fusioncode said:
Kaizar said:
Ponyless said:
Kaizar said:
JoeTheBro said:
Kaizar said:

How is it my fault that you don't get obvious sarcasm? How the hell could you believe the PS2 sold 150m units in 30 days? That's beyond fail. If I tell you that vampires exist are you going to believe me? 

Well Ponyless was making it sound like I should blame you guys, LOL.

and as I have said to other users before: "my bad" & "I'm not that good at picking up on things via text".

Sorry if I caused any problems.

Kaizar said:
greenmedic88 said:
Kaizar said:
greenmedic88 said:
No.

To the prediction based upon nothing; not so much as an explanation as to why PS4 sales would be so heavily front loaded such as the case was with the Wii, the short answer is no.

I'd say this prediction should be pinned in your signature, but my guess is that you'll be long gone before 2-3 years is up.

Go ahead and post links so I can poke a bunch of holes in their wish fulfillment theories as well. 

The 3DS is essentially keeping Nintendo afloat currently and I don't see that changing even over the next 2-3 years. 

Ur second link has nothing to do with 3DS and I need to clear something up. Nobody has said 3DS will sell over 70% of its lifetime sales in the first 2-3 years. They are saying it has peaked meaning sales arent likely to be higher for any given year. Peaking and selling majority of lifetime sales are not the same thing at all.

For example, Wii had its peak sales year in 2008 meaning no individual year before or after was able to sell more than 2008. By the end of 2008 Wii lifetime sales were about 43m, thats roughly about 40% of current Wii lifetime totals. Even tho Wii had peaked in 2008, from 2009-2013 it was able to sell an additional 60m or so units.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Kaizar said:
Fusioncode said:
Kaizar said:
Ponyless said:
Kaizar said:
JoeTheBro said:
Kaizar said:

How is it my fault that you don't get obvious sarcasm? How the hell could you believe the PS2 sold 150m units in 30 days? That's beyond fail. If I tell you that vampires exist are you going to believe me? 

Well Ponyless was making it sound like I should blame you guys, LOL.

and as I have said to other users before: "my bad" & "I'm not that good at picking up on things via text".

Sorry if I caused any problems.

No ponyless wasnt saying its there fault, he specifically said "u were too dense to get it"

Detecting sarcasm doesnt seem to be ur problem, more like reading comprehension.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

greenmedic88 said:
Kaizar said:
greenmedic88 said:
No.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=5952250

Around the Network
zorg1000 said:
Kaizar said:
Fusioncode said:
Kaizar said:
Ponyless said:
Kaizar said:
JoeTheBro said:
Kaizar said:

Detecting sarcasm doesnt seem to be ur problem, more like reading comprehension.

Calm down, it's just text. Or am I reading what you're saying wrong?

Sorry if I'm not as good at assuming things as you. You seem to be better at knowing what they mean because you are more like them, personality wise.

Kaizar said:
zorg1000 said:
Kaizar said:
Fusioncode said:
Kaizar said:
Ponyless said:
Kaizar said:
JoeTheBro said:
Kaizar said:

Calm down, it's just text. Or am I reading what you're saying wrong?

Sorry if I'm not as good at assuming things as you. You seem to be better at knowing what they mean because you are more like them, personality wise.

I am calm, I didnt mean that as an insult. U said u have a hard time detecting sarcasm, I disagree. Ive seen u fail to understand what somebody was trying to say multiple times, based on that I believe u lack reading comprehension. U read the words but dont understand the point the person is trying to get across. Im not insulting u, simply making an observation.

I expect 95% of PS4s sales to be between one and nine years.

Kaizar said:
greenmedic88 said:
Kaizar said:
greenmedic88 said:
No.

Seece did not say the same exact thing. He posted the facts: 3DS sales are down YoY compared to 2012. 

That is not the same as claiming the 3DS will never break approximately 55m units sold by the end of its product cycle, which is how many units it would have to sell if 70% (the current 42.3m units being 70% of this hypothetical total units sold) of its total product cycle sales were frontloaded within the first 2-3 years (2010-2013).

I think just about anyone would agree the 3DS will end up selling a lot more units than that by the end of its product cycle.