Forums - Gaming Discussion - Titanfall max player count is 12 players - 6 v 6 battles with AI

jlmurph2 said:

The core shooting? I've NEVER seen COD have a weapon that can lock on up to 6 people and take them all out at once. Or have a heavy explosive weapon shooting like a freakin assault rifle (That seems like Unreal Tournament to me). I can agree that its pure adrenaline but at least put it in a category with the other Sci-fi futuristic arena shooters.

Yeah the gunplay is certainly not CoD. Just because it's twitch doesn't make it the same. I doubt anyone would say CoD and UT/Quake have the same core shooting mechanics.



Around the Network

Most disappointed guy's is Known Sony fanboys hmmm interesting.



jlmurph2 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
jlmurph2 said:
Too_Talls said:
jlmurph2 said:

The different levels of play like jetpacking on top of buildings/into windows quickly and EVERY pilot able to have a Titan this is nothing like COD. That's why it doesn't have the same "16 no bots" as COD and Halo. Its 12 humans with dozens of cloud based AI and 12 available Titans that can be in guard/follow mode or hopped into.


"nothing like cod" to strong a phrase. this game caught the eyes of cod players for a reason.

What makes it "like cod"? The fact that it has guns? You do know that COD wasn't the first fps right?


The core shooting is like COD. Its twitch with a twist. It's set up so even a noob can pose a threat. This game is going to be pure adrenaline for everyone involved. Zampella knows what he's doing and why COD became big. He is pushing the envelope of gameplay scenario, but keeping the core intact. Essentially its Sci-fi/ Jetpack COD with Mechs.


The core shooting? I've NEVER seen COD have a weapon that can lock on up to 6 people and take them all out at once. Or have a heavy explosive weapon shooting like a freakin assault rifle (That seems like Unreal Tournament to me). I can agree that its pure adrenaline but at least put it in a category with the other Sci-fi futuristic arena shooters.

Thats a specific pistol, but the core mechanics is like COD when it comes to the running and gunning if you strip it down. COD is a pure adrenaline game and is easy enough for everyone to learn to the point where the majority of the kills come from run and gun reflex. Zampella's name hasn't become a big thing for no reason. He knows what he's doing and he  the core infinity team with him. Even Adam Sessler has said that the game is twitchy and easy enough that even he posed a threat in it, which is saying a lot because he sucks at shooters.



gunplay looks like cod to me. it's futuristic so its expected to have some out there weapons. but the way the characters feel, how long it takes to kill opponents and the most used floor weaponry will most likely not feel too far from home.



http://imageshack.com/a/img801/6426/f7pc.gif

^Yes that's me ripping it up in the GIF. :)

bananaking21 said:
well, that seems disappointing.


Its not, if you like the Last of Us or Gears of War you'll see that it balances out the map and matchmaking. Anything more probably would've been confusing and bad for the layout of small maps.



Around the Network
Mr Puggsly said:
I feel like people were expecting another Battlefield. I was expecting something smaller scale.

Battles are epic in Halo with 16 players and no bots.

Now I'm just hoping for split screen.

Well probably the reason why is because in all the footage so far there are lots of players running around.

 

People didn't realize those were mostly bots, so naturally the first reaction is disappointment. I love a lot of 4v4 games but that didn't stop me from having the "oh" feeling when I was at first thinking it was more like 32v32.

 

It doesn't take long to think about it though and come to terms with it. Being 6v6 is not inherently bad, just different. Fully realizing what's going on though I am somewhat worried about bot kills not mattering. This could be good if it focused the gameplay on killing titans, but I'm questioning how fun the experience will be when Titans are in other places of the map.



JoeTheBro said:
Mr Puggsly said:
I feel like people were expecting another Battlefield. I was expecting something smaller scale.

Battles are epic in Halo with 16 players and no bots.

Now I'm just hoping for split screen.

Well probably the reason why is because in all the footage so far there are lots of players running around.

 

People didn't realize those were mostly bots, so naturally the first reaction is disappointment. I love a lot of 4v4 games but that didn't stop me from having the "oh" feeling when I was at first thinking it was more like 32v32.

 

It doesn't take long to think about it though and come to terms with it. Being 6v6 is not inherently bad, just different. Fully realizing what's going on though I am somewhat worried about bot kills not mattering. This could be good if it focused the gameplay on killing titans, but I'm questioning how fun the experience will be when Titans are in other places of the map.

killing bots is not fun. so many bot modes in games over time.......if it doesn't give you that feeling of beating somebody it isn't satifying, So yeah I'm worried about the map sizes and how often actual human player interactions happen during sessions.......wondring if AI are also controlling titans on the other side......



http://imageshack.com/a/img801/6426/f7pc.gif

^Yes that's me ripping it up in the GIF. :)

Too_Talls said:
JoeTheBro said:
Mr Puggsly said:
I feel like people were expecting another Battlefield. I was expecting something smaller scale.

Battles are epic in Halo with 16 players and no bots.

Now I'm just hoping for split screen.

Well probably the reason why is because in all the footage so far there are lots of players running around.

 

People didn't realize those were mostly bots, so naturally the first reaction is disappointment. I love a lot of 4v4 games but that didn't stop me from having the "oh" feeling when I was at first thinking it was more like 32v32.

 

It doesn't take long to think about it though and come to terms with it. Being 6v6 is not inherently bad, just different. Fully realizing what's going on though I am somewhat worried about bot kills not mattering. This could be good if it focused the gameplay on killing titans, but I'm questioning how fun the experience will be when Titans are in other places of the map.

killing bots is not fun. so many bot modes in games over time.......if it doesn't give you that feeling of beating somebody it isn't satifying, So yeah I'm worried about the map sizes and how often actual human player interactions happen during sessions.......wondring if AI are also controlling titans on the other side......


The AI are not pilots, they are a different class of soldier, they cannot jetpack or control a titan. A Titan can be put in guard and follow mode but it is never controlled by an AI soldier.



S.T.A.G.E. said:
jlmurph2 said:


The core shooting? I've NEVER seen COD have a weapon that can lock on up to 6 people and take them all out at once. Or have a heavy explosive weapon shooting like a freakin assault rifle (That seems like Unreal Tournament to me). I can agree that its pure adrenaline but at least put it in a category with the other Sci-fi futuristic arena shooters.

Thats a specific pistol, but the core mechanics is like COD when it comes to the running and gunning if you strip it down. COD is a pure adrenaline game and is easy enough for everyone to learn to the point where the majority of the kills come from run and gun reflex. Zampella's name hasn't become a big thing for no reason. He knows what he's doing and he  the core infinity team with him. Even Adam Sessler has said that the game is twitchy and easy enough that even he posed a threat in it, which is saying a lot because he sucks at shooters.

Well like I said before it seems more like Unreal Tournament or Quake style gameplay to me. Even if it is from the creators of COD 4. Which didn't start off as an adrenaline based game at all.



jlmurph2 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
jlmurph2 said:


The core shooting? I've NEVER seen COD have a weapon that can lock on up to 6 people and take them all out at once. Or have a heavy explosive weapon shooting like a freakin assault rifle (That seems like Unreal Tournament to me). I can agree that its pure adrenaline but at least put it in a category with the other Sci-fi futuristic arena shooters.

Thats a specific pistol, but the core mechanics is like COD when it comes to the running and gunning if you strip it down. COD is a pure adrenaline game and is easy enough for everyone to learn to the point where the majority of the kills come from run and gun reflex. Zampella's name hasn't become a big thing for no reason. He knows what he's doing and he  the core infinity team with him. Even Adam Sessler has said that the game is twitchy and easy enough that even he posed a threat in it, which is saying a lot because he sucks at shooters.

Well like I said before it seems more like Unreal Tournament or Quake style gameplay to me. Even if it is from the creators of COD 4. Which didn't start off as an adrenaline based game at all.


I think you mean arena deathmatch style, but yes. Titanfall has grown out of the ashes of arena style shooters but its also a hybrid of  a military shooter. COD was very popular because it combined the methodology of the two. Before COD there was Medal of Honor and no one even looks at Medal of Honor anymore. Again, still doesn't negate my point about the core mechanics. Even Bungie is keeping the Halo-style pacing intact in Destiny. They have a hallmark style that they want to be everpresent in successive games. It is smart because it keeps things new and innovative yet somewhat familiar.