By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Titanfall max player count is 12 players - 6 v 6 battles with AI

Mr Puggsly said:
I feel like people were expecting another Battlefield. I was expecting something smaller scale.

Battles are epic in Halo with 16 players and no bots.

Now I'm just hoping for split screen.

Well probably the reason why is because in all the footage so far there are lots of players running around.

People didn't realize those were mostly bots, so naturally the first reaction is disappointment. I love a lot of 4v4 games but that didn't stop me from having the "oh" feeling when I was at first thinking it was more like 32v32.

It doesn't take long to think about it though and come to terms with it. Being 6v6 is not inherently bad, just different. Fully realizing what's going on though I am somewhat worried about bot kills not mattering. This could be good if it focused the gameplay on killing titans, but I'm questioning how fun the experience will be when Titans are in other places of the map.

Around the Network
JoeTheBro said:
Mr Puggsly said:
I feel like people were expecting another Battlefield. I was expecting something smaller scale.

Well probably the reason why is because in all the footage so far there are lots of players running around.

People didn't realize those were mostly bots, so naturally the first reaction is disappointment. I love a lot of 4v4 games but that didn't stop me from having the "oh" feeling when I was at first thinking it was more like 32v32.

It doesn't take long to think about it though and come to terms with it. Being 6v6 is not inherently bad, just different. Fully realizing what's going on though I am somewhat worried about bot kills not mattering. This could be good if it focused the gameplay on killing titans, but I'm questioning how fun the experience will be when Titans are in other places of the map.

killing bots is not fun. so many bot modes in games over time.......if it doesn't give you that feeling of beating somebody it isn't satifying, So yeah I'm worried about the map sizes and how often actual human player interactions happen during sessions.......wondring if AI are also controlling titans on the other side......

http://imageshack.com/a/img801/6426/f7pc.gif

^Yes that's me ripping it up in the GIF. :)

Too_Talls said:
JoeTheBro said:
Mr Puggsly said:

killing bots is not fun. so many bot modes in games over time.......if it doesn't give you that feeling of beating somebody it isn't satifying, So yeah I'm worried about the map sizes and how often actual human player interactions happen during sessions.......wondring if AI are also controlling titans on the other side......

The AI are not pilots, they are a different class of soldier, they cannot jetpack or control a titan. A Titan can be put in guard and follow mode but it is never controlled by an AI soldier.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
jlmurph2 said:

The core shooting? I've NEVER seen COD have a weapon that can lock on up to 6 people and take them all out at once. Or have a heavy explosive weapon shooting like a freakin assault rifle (That seems like Unreal Tournament to me). I can agree that its pure adrenaline but at least put it in a category with the other Sci-fi futuristic arena shooters.

Thats a specific pistol, but the core mechanics is like COD when it comes to the running and gunning if you strip it down. COD is a pure adrenaline game and is easy enough for everyone to learn to the point where the majority of the kills come from run and gun reflex. Zampella's name hasn't become a big thing for no reason. He knows what he's doing and he  the core infinity team with him. Even Adam Sessler has said that the game is twitchy and easy enough that even he posed a threat in it, which is saying a lot because he sucks at shooters.

Well like I said before it seems more like Unreal Tournament or Quake style gameplay to me. Even if it is from the creators of COD 4. Which didn't start off as an adrenaline based game at all.

jlmurph2 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
jlmurph2 said:

The core shooting? I've NEVER seen COD have a weapon that can lock on up to 6 people and take them all out at once. Or have a heavy explosive weapon shooting like a freakin assault rifle (That seems like Unreal Tournament to me). I can agree that its pure adrenaline but at least put it in a category with the other Sci-fi futuristic arena shooters.

Thats a specific pistol, but the core mechanics is like COD when it comes to the running and gunning if you strip it down. COD is a pure adrenaline game and is easy enough for everyone to learn to the point where the majority of the kills come from run and gun reflex. Zampella's name hasn't become a big thing for no reason. He knows what he's doing and he  the core infinity team with him. Even Adam Sessler has said that the game is twitchy and easy enough that even he posed a threat in it, which is saying a lot because he sucks at shooters.

Well like I said before it seems more like Unreal Tournament or Quake style gameplay to me. Even if it is from the creators of COD 4. Which didn't start off as an adrenaline based game at all.

I think you mean arena deathmatch style, but yes. Titanfall has grown out of the ashes of arena style shooters but its also a hybrid of  a military shooter. COD was very popular because it combined the methodology of the two. Before COD there was Medal of Honor and no one even looks at Medal of Honor anymore. Again, still doesn't negate my point about the core mechanics. Even Bungie is keeping the Halo-style pacing intact in Destiny. They have a hallmark style that they want to be everpresent in successive games. It is smart because it keeps things new and innovative yet somewhat familiar.

Around the Network

Lol all those people with "the power of the cloud" comments are just big trolls. Player count has nothing to do with that, it's a design choice. Fanyboys will be fanboys i guess

~ Mod Edit ~

This user was moderated by TruckOSaurus for this post.

im not getting xbox one and most likely not titanfall either, but I dont see the problem with 6v6.
Even if your team is crap, you can still heavily influence the game, and you get to know the playstyle of each player in the lobby after 1 game which helps you in the next.
I would have thought that with the power of next gen, they could have pushed a few more players, like 8v8, but after that it get too chaotic and I feel like im losing tactical control.

Im sure a lot more next gen games will still be 6v6, and if its fun, theres no problem with it.

vivster said:
Wait what? Seems kind of low but what does he mean with AI? Will there be additional AI fodder in the matches?

prob like kill zone or gears of war .. were u can face bot games..

J_Allard said:
Kane1389 said:
J_Allard said:
I trust Zampella over a bunch of people on GAF or VGChartz.

Do any of you play Last of Us and its awesome 8 player online and think it sucks because it should be more than 8?

I swear to GOD, I knew you were gonna type this sentence into this thread  the second i saw the title.

Not that I think quality of multiplayer depends on player count, but TLoU MP is about tactics, stealth, survival and slow paced teamwork.Small player count works perfectly well for it. Action and shooting are not even remotely the main focus of the multiplayer, whereas they play a much bigger role in a game like Titanfall, who tries to create this action filled battlefield atmosphere with gigantic robots and parkour soldiers

@bold, thank you. I like to make logical points.

Action and shooting are a key part of LoU's MP. There are modes in the game built entirely around them. Now, the maps and gameplay are designed so that the game is balanced with 4 players on each team. If you put 8 players on each team in LoU, it would be impossible to utilize the stealth or crafting elements of MP. If Titanfall had 12 vs 12 or something, the developers feel the Titan aspect of the game and all the wall running and double jumping would be unbalanced.

Maybe try playing the game before deciding whether or not something works perfectly well for it.

Nah, you like to make these sad little jabs at the game whenever something even remotely negtive is said that is related to Xbox.  Your obssesion with that game is kinda fascinating.

No they are NOT a part of LoU's MP. Go and try to run and gun and see how long you'll last. The game penalizes fast movement and shooting greatly, as you show up as a big red dot on the enemy screen every time you perform these actions. This is, I believe the only game that does that, and it fits perfectly into its context and gameplay structure.

And I never made a comment on whether or not Titanfall's MP will be good, i actually said player count has little to do with the quality of MP. I just said you cant compare Titanfall and TLoU because they are completly different games in just about every aspect.

I did play TLoU multiplayer, (you however, didn't, judging by your post) and I didnt make any comment regarding quality of Titanfall

I hope the maps aren't too large lol