By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Prediction: PS4 wont do as good in japan as some people are thinking

what do you think?

it will sell more than your prediction 59 38.82%

it will sell about the same 48 31.58%

it will sell lower 33 21.71%

See results 12 7.89%

Total:152
Carl2291 said:
Support isnt there for the JP market, so youre gonna be right. Will have a great opening though basedon the hype followed by a "slow" opening year or so until support fully moves from PS360U to PS4.

I expect around 2 Million sold in 2014 over in JP.

i see no reason why the PS4 would do really good in Japan. it will be the highest priced console their (i am not counting XB1 for obvious reasons), it has no games that will light the charts on fire like animal crossing or pokemon did. the fact that the japan market prefers handhelds and sony's much weaker first party games in japan compared to nintendo.

looking at the charts its obvious who is top dog in japan, thats nintendo. 3DS is a beast and it has pretty much all the mega sellers in japan on it. animal crossing, pokemon, mario and monster hunter. sure Yazuka 5 might sell well, deep down might help move some consoles, and we might get the rumored demons souls 2. but none are mega sellers, the only game that has the possibility of lighting the charts on fire is Final Fantasy 15, which might not come out next year, and final fantasy is declining big time, whether or not FF15 can reverse that is yet to be seen. even if it does, its just one game, it wont sustain console sales for long. 

Around the Network
vivster said:
Who says it will do 500k? That's just ridiculous.
I agree with your numbers.

i read it more than once on the forums. i heard it a good number of times honestly. however this prediction is more about after the console launch and the thought of people thinking the PS4 will be BIG when it will be good at best. honestly, i would be surprised if the PS4 manages to outsell the Vita in the second half of the year. 

If you keep this up, you will be out of the Sony fan club!

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

It'll probably so a little above average.

Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:

i call things how i see them. sure, i make mistakes, i called thuway credible just the other day (i was thinking about someone else, but i was still wrong) but i am not a blind fanboy

Around the Network

It may sell 300k FW with a heavy decline afterwards. comgnet pre orders for yakuza should give us a better idea as the launch aproaches.

It might not do so well after launch, due to a software drought.

3DS Friend Code: 0533 - 6146 - 0418
PSN ID: atylerman5

Lol I love the poll.

I predict it to sell about the same as my prediction.

bananaking21 said:
Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:

i call things how i see them. sure, i make mistakes, i called thuway credible just the other day (i was thinking about someone else, but i was still wrong) but i am not a blind fanboy

Fans aren't allowed to criticize?! I thought that was one of the perqs you receive from the dues.

The PS3 sold good numbers in Japan in its first months due to being a good Blu-ray player. That is not the case for the PS4 so sales could fall below PS3 (launch aligned) numbers rather quickly.