By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Shin’en says Their new Wii U game will be Revealed in a “Next Weeks”

They just released a tiny bit more info regarding FRN in an interview.
http://www.nintendonews.com/2014/01/interview-shinen-multimedia-provides-details-for-fast-racing-neo/

Curious to see their online features.

Around the Network
anonymunchy said:
They just released a tiny bit more info regarding FRN in an interview.
http://www.nintendonews.com/2014/01/interview-shinen-multimedia-provides-details-for-fast-racing-neo/

Curious to see their online features.

Nice find!

So FAST Racing Neo will support Gamepad, Pro Controller, Wii Wheel, and Wiimote + Nunchuk.

They also mentioned their new mystery game: "We will reveal first information very soon. It’s a very beautiful game and fits perfectly on Wii U."

In addition they just claimed on  Twitter to have balanced the difficulty curve of FRN compared to the original FAST Racing League.

curl-6 said:
Calling it now: it's Art of Balance Neo.

And I'm happy with that; Art of Balance on Wii was a fantastic little puzzle game with a nice calming atmosphere and gameplay that was accessible, yet ramped up to be very satisfyingly challenging.

They also said in a previous interview that their Wii U games, plural, would use 4k-8k textures from now, so whatever their new game is, it will look gorgeous, and run at a delicious v-synced 60fps.

GOTY

3DS Friend Code: 0645 - 5827 - 5788
WayForward Kickstarter is best kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1236620800/shantae-half-genie-hero

What is "the next weeks"?

F0X said:
curl-6 said:

And I'm happy with that; Art of Balance on Wii was a fantastic little puzzle game with a nice calming atmosphere and gameplay that was accessible, yet ramped up to be very satisfyingly challenging.

They also said in a previous interview that their Wii U games, plural, would use 4k-8k textures from now, so whatever their new game is, it will look gorgeous, and run at a delicious v-synced 60fps.

GOTY

I quite liked Art of Balance on Wii, it was a very elegant and fun little puzzle game.

Around the Network
curl-6 said:
F0X said:
curl-6 said:

GOTY

I quite liked Art of Balance on Wii, it was a very elegant and fun little puzzle game.

Indeed it was. One of the very best WiiWare games. The most acclaimed Shin'en game, too.

Art of Balance Touch on 3DS was also good, and I bet the Wii U version will play similarly. Which is why Shin'en said it's a perfect fit for Wii U. It could be the best eShop game yet, although Runner 2 is going to be tough to beat. And there's going to be a lot of promising games coming to the eShop in 2014.

WayForward Kickstarter is best kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1236620800/shantae-half-genie-hero

Confirmed to not be a Jett Rocket game:

It is Art of Balance

Including a host of brand new features

Earlier this week Shin'en Multimedia teased a reveal for a new Wii U game, one beyond the already highly-anticipated FAST Racing NEO, and we're delighted to exclusively confirm that this Wii U eShop title is Art of Balance.

This is a series that has already been popular on the WiiWare service and as an expanded release on the 3DS. This new entry has all of the levels that have come before, but has been overhauled with an extensive range of new game modes:

• Off-TV play, as well as multiple control schemes supporting analogue, touch screen and Wii Remote options.
  • Multiple online and local multiplayer modes that incorporate either competitive or co-operative play. Up to five players can take part in the various modes at once — one on GamePad, four on Wii Remotes — while up to 10 people can play across two Wii U systems in online matches.
  • Online Leaderboards are included.
  • HD visuals that incorporate all new graphics, designs and locations.
  • More accurate physics that are processed at 240 frames-per-second (on 3DS the equivalent was often 30 frames-per-second.

Shin'en Multimedia is currently aiming to release this title during Q2 (April to June). Be sure to check back later today for a full interview with the developer in which the various modes, particularly the local and online multiplayer, will be explained in full detail.

Have you enjoyed the Art of Balance titles on WiiWare and 3DS, and are you looking forward to the new version on the Wii U eShop?

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

TomaTito said:

It is Art of Balance

Including a host of brand new features

Earlier this week Shin'en Multimedia teased a reveal for a new Wii U game, one beyond the already highly-anticipated FAST Racing NEO, and we're delighted to exclusively confirm that this Wii U eShop title is Art of Balance.

This is a series that has already been popular on the WiiWare service and as an expanded release on the 3DS. This new entry has all of the levels that have come before, but has been overhauled with an extensive range of new game modes:

• Off-TV play, as well as multiple control schemes supporting analogue, touch screen and Wii Remote options.
  • Multiple online and local multiplayer modes that incorporate either competitive or co-operative play. Up to five players can take part in the various modes at once — one on GamePad, four on Wii Remotes — while up to 10 people can play across two Wii U systems in online matches.
  • Online Leaderboards are included.
  • HD visuals that incorporate all new graphics, designs and locations.
  • More accurate physics that are processed at 240 frames-per-second (on 3DS the equivalent was often 30 frames-per-second.

Shin'en Multimedia is currently aiming to release this title during Q2 (April to June). Be sure to check back later today for a full interview with the developer in which the various modes, particularly the local and online multiplayer, will be explained in full detail.

Have you enjoyed the Art of Balance titles on WiiWare and 3DS, and are you looking forward to the new version on the Wii U eShop? Let us know in the comments below.

Thats kinda disappointing i wanted something new....BUT, i must say i enjoyed AoB on the 3DS quite a bit so im dont have much really to complain about.

Plus that screenshot looks ....good!

Art of Balance!