By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - LOL "Nintendo Wii to Displace Xbox 360"

I like the wii but I don't think that it will replace microsoft

(*did not use sarcasm)

Around the Network

Some people are just too smart.

Nintendo still doomed?
Feel free to add me on 3DS or Switch! (PM me if you do ^-^)
Nintendo ID: Mako91                  3DS code: 4167-4543-6089

dsoverpsp said:
I like the wii but I don't think that it will replace microsoft

(*did not use sarcasm)
It says displace; hit up dictionary.com next time 

Crusty VGchartz old timer who sporadically returns & posts. Let's debate nebulous shit and expand our perpectives. Or whatever.

This article has another thread but...

What I hate most about it is they ignore the lifetime shipment totals.

Xbox 360: 17.7 million shipped to date through 12/31/2007

Wii: 20.13 million shipped to date through 12/31/2007.

The fact that Wii shipped more in less time (1/2 the time on shelves) is indicative there is less stock at retail, which means not only has Nintendo shipped more, it sells more units per shipped allocation.  On average it is probably something like 85 Xbox 360s sell out for 100 shipped instantly, Wiis sell at something more like 92-95 for 100 shipped.

People are difficult to govern because they have too much knowledge.

When there are more laws, there are more criminals.

- Lao Tzu

Lol.

Around the Network

Everyone that has a site nowadays thinks they're an expert, spewing their foul bile to all who will consume it, just silly people that can't believe a brand that was market leader could end up being 3rd this go round, just like these same people predicted the DS to flop, the PSP hardware killed DS, then DS started selling well, and they said it would drop off and PSP would take over, and hasn't happened, they ignore that fact and then use the same logic for their console predictions and it's ludicrous, and the fanboys just eat it up.

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

XD So misinformed.

kingofwale said:
Wii will outsell both xbox and PS3, but it will never replace it.

You won't see PS2's last gen-ish domination, what you will see is close to 3 pilar of gaming. With Wii selling 80-100 million, PS3 60-80 mil (end of gen) and xbox 40-60 mil

God you're dense. Read the article next time.

Actually by 2012 you will see sales of

Wii = 112.25 million
360 = 46.41 million
PS3 = 43.20 million

Seriously whose ass did iSuppli pull those numbers out of? 30.2m vs 25.7m? WTF? And I REALLY want to know who told them to use compound interest rates when predicting console lifetime sales.

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

Girl Gamer Elite said:

God you're dense. Read the article next time.

Actually by 2012 you will see sales of

Wii = 112.25 million
360 = 46.41 million
PS3 = 43.20 million

that's what you want to see, not what we will definitely see.