By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Marijuana Overdoses Kill 37 in Colorado On First Day of Legalization

I'm happy it's made already clear this is a hoax. If someone really dead because of cannabis, someone has put an infuse on them with THC(and even then they would really need alot of THC in the infuse to achieve death). From what I know the only few cases of death where they found THC/Delta 9 in the blood was the cause of death because other reasons.(hard drugs, alcohol or just a coincidence with a heart-stroke etc.)

Around the Network

Lol, Dr. Jack Shepard.

Jack Sheppard From Lost Jesse Pinkman Breaking Bad! To funny. Marijuana madness! 

Just came here to say this is bullshit, that is all

http://imageshack.com/a/img801/6426/f7pc.gif

^Yes that's me ripping it up in the GIF. :)

Pemalite said:
sethnintendo said:

There is no proof of marijuana being the cause of any death.  It is the safest drug on the planet.  Over the counter drugs kill more than 37 people a day.  If weed caused any death then the religious right and fox news would be all over it.

Safest drug? Hardly.

For starters, it's full of carcinogens that is on par with tobacco, doesn't help most people smoke it with tobacco included.

Secondly, it can impair your senses, you wouldn't wan't to be in a plane when the pilot is stoned and flying through a storm would you? Or hows about your doctor performing life-saving surgery while he is high?

It doesn't directly cause death, it indirectly causes death.
Caffine and Tobacco is easily a safer drug, I would put marijuana on the same scale as alcohol, in otherwords it should only be tolerated in a non-work social environment, such as a small gathering of friends for a barbie in your back yard.

For starters weed has not been the main cause of death ever.  You try to argue for other drugs yet all the other drugs have main causes of death associated to them.  I laugh at you bringing up what if statements such as what if your pilot, doctor, etc was smoking weed.  Businesses can still regulate themselves and there is usually zero tolerance against showing up to the job after consuming alcohol. 

I almost felt like I was oding off a 2 liter of Mountain Dew one day when my dumbass decided to drink it to stay up for an early morning plane flight.  I had an irregular heartbeat and I felt like shit for at least 8 hours.  It is also a lot easier to od from caffeine in pill form which it is put into a lot of diet supplements and nodoz pills.  I've also almost had a slight od on nicotine one of the first times I smoke cigs (extreme headache and nausea).  It is said that one drop of pure nicotine can kill 3-4 grown males.  People that smoke weed have a greater lung capacity than people that smoke cigs.  Not one case of lung cancer can be soley pointed at marijuana smoking.  People's lung capacity can actually increase due to the nature of smoking weed which usually has the user taking long hits and holding it in their lungs as long as they can (or more than cig smoking).

It is impossible to od off weed.  People with severe allergic reactions to smoking weed always survive.  People check themselves into the hospital each year for being too high or having an allergic reaction but they never die.  That is why weed is the safest drug on the planet.  These are cold hard facts which you have very little to zero backing your anti weed stance.  Weed is easily proven to be the safest.

Your arguements are futile and I don't even know why I am responding to such a terrible counter arguement.  I could go on and on but why don't you enlighten us some more with your wisdom of drugs.

Around the Network
pezus said:
McDonaldsGuy said:
It's satire people, like THe Onion

The Daily Currant is an esteemed website known for accurate news reporting.

"One of the those victims was 29-year-old Jesse Bruce Pinkman" 

Great joke thread pezus :D. I love Breaking Bad so much.

Devil_Survivor said:
pezus said:
McDonaldsGuy said:

Yeah that part was a little too fake besides people oding and dying from weed.

sethnintendo said:
Devil_Survivor said:
pezus said:
McDonaldsGuy said:

That was the first clue but, when read the part about Jesse I burst out laughing. A person would have to smoke a massive amount to ever OD on weed.

Devil_Survivor said:
sethnintendo said:
Devil_Survivor said:
pezus said:
McDonaldsGuy said:

That was the first clue but, when read the part about Jesse I burst out laughing. A person would have to smoke a massive amount to ever OD on weed.

I suppose you could die if you stood in the middle of a marijuana field and lit it on fire.

sethnintendo said:
Devil_Survivor said:
sethnintendo said:
Devil_Survivor said:
pezus said:
McDonaldsGuy said:

I suppose you could die if you stood in the middle of a marijuana field and lit it on fire.

you would die of asphyxiation before you had a real OD lol

I am Torgo, I take care of the place while the master is away.

"Hes the clown that makes the dark side fun.. Torgo!"

Ha.. i won my bet, but i wasnt around to gloat because im on a better forum!  See ya guys on Viz