By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Marijuana Overdoses Kill 37 in Colorado On First Day of Legalization

DevilRising said:
Dark_Lord_2008 said:
Anti-drugs, anti-abortion and pro-death penalty are regarded as right wing stances.
Pro-drugs, pro-abortion and anti-death penalty are regarded as left wing stances.

I'm about as "liberal" as you come, but quite frankly, no one is "Pro Abortion", they are "Pro Choice". I think people shouldn't be morons and just fuck around without birth control. Abortion should only be a last resort, serious matter type of thing, not just because "oops, I got pregnant". I'm also not "Pro Drug" at all, in fact I agree most drugs should absolutely be illegal. Then again, I think cigarettes should be illegal, and they should put a limit on how much alchohol you can buy. I agree pot should be decriminalized, because it's a waste of time to send someone to jail over something so petty. On the other hand, just because I support "legalizing it", doesn't mean I think it should be legal for pot smokers to just smoke it whereever they feel like, out in public places. They shouldn't. It should be the same as many states' cigarette laws, there should be heavy limitations on where people can smoke. I think that's only fair, because not everyone smokes pot, and not everyone likes the smell. I know I don't. So non-smokers shouldn't be subjected to it. I think that is a totally fair trade off for it being legalized.

Definitely agreed, (actually on all points, not just the bolded) if there are enough people smoking cigarettes in an enclosed space it can make me feel ill. With weed I am almost gipping if I have to sit near someone on the bus who has smoked it recently, if people could smoke it in public I'd have to wear a mask to go outside. It's clearly not a dangerous drug so being banned totally just seems stupid (especially considering cigarettes and alcohol are far more dangerous to the user and others around them) but it should be like public decency laws, just like you can't walk down the street naked but it's perfectly fine in private or in dedicated places.

Around the Network
Andrespetmonkey said:
Metrium said:
I know this is fake, but that being said... to all those who says you can't OD from marijuana, you are wrong.

Source?

I don't have any but I study criminology in university and I had a entire course on drogues. I remember we saw it and alot of ppl were surprised.

And no, our teacher was'nt the kind of teacher with ethics trying to scare his young student out of drugs. We also saw how alot of perception that gouvernements want us to have are seriously exxagereted for economic and social reasons. I remember him saying jokingly that cocaine is fine but crack is crap or something like that.

He also used to smoke weed (and I assume he toke more serious stuffs too), he said he does'nt smoke anymore but I have my doubts.

What?! I can't hear you over all this awsome! - Pyrrhon (Kid Icarus:Uprising)

Final Ultimate Legendary Earth Power Super Max Justice Future Miracle Dream Beautiful Galaxy Big Bang Little Bang Sunrise Starlight Infinite Fabulous Totally Final Wonderful Arrow...FIRE! - Wonder-Red (The Wonderful101)

"One of the those victims was 29-year-old Jesse Bruce Pinkman, a former methamphetamine dealer from Albuquerque who had recently moved to Boulder to establish a legal marijuana dispensary."

Is this the actor of Breaking Bad? JK but for an instant it made me guess!

Guys, guys settle down. There are numerous numerous references that make this satire, they even mention Jessie Pinkman frlm Breaking Bad. And Jack Sheppard if you remember Lost. This article is clearly making fun of people that actually think this would happen. 

most people who smoke it are better dead anyway.
just like me i was a heroine addict and pot lead to that.

http://moongypsy.bandcamp.com/ ~Thank you Stefl1504 for the amazing sig~
Around the Network

If even one person believed this then the daily currant has achieved what they wanted. to get this many people believing, whew.

Thanks jlmurph!

Ok im new here ,but what is wrong with the op. So after over one thousand years of recorded marijuana use this are the first 37 people to overdose on it? 

And to those saying there is no overdose for weed they are wrong, its nothing serious but there is still one thing considered as a marijuana overdose, a headache dont expect anything more serious than that and its not that common.

Edit: Aaah! Just read some of the comments, for a second i though he was serious. My mistake :s xD.

Yeah, this is a parody. (In other words, it's like The Onion - it's not real news.)

We ALL wanted it, now we ALL are finally going to get SHENMUE III !!! Let us REJOICE IN THE STREETS!!!

There is no proof of marijuana being the cause of any death.  It is the safest drug on the planet.  Over the counter drugs kill more than 37 people a day.  If weed caused any death then the religious right and fox news would be all over it.

RenCutypoison said:

Bullshit.

You would need to smoke 2.1 kilograms of weed in less than an hour to overdose.

Just a tiny bit more.

http://www.druglibrary.org/schaffer/library/mj_overdose.htm

"At present it is estimated that marijuana's LD-50 is around 1:20,000 or 1:40,000. In layman terms this means that in order to induce death a marijuana smoker would have to consume 20,000 to 40,000 times as much marijuana as is contained in one marijuana cigarette. NIDA-supplied marijuana cigarettes weigh approximately .9 grams. A smoker would theoretically have to consume nearly 1,500 pounds of marijuana within about fifteen minutes to induce a lethal response."