By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global lifetime: Killzone SF sales vs Ryse and Dead Rising 3 combined sales

From what Ive seen DR3 probably deserved better sales, while Ryse and SF should have bombed, judged after quality.

But never the less, if you want a true next-gen tech demo you go with KZ, so sales are somewhat understandable.

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

Around the Network

I think Shadow Fall multiplayer is pretty great, and better than CoD: Ghosts, although that's probably not a huge deal. It deserves the good sales.

I agree Killzone SF single-player is average and with low inspirations.

But the MP outshine any launch title for now... MP is amazing... and the maps... ohhhhh the maps.

Those Killzone Bundles

Shyakugaun said:
Those Killzone Bundles

For the PS3 bundles, the game was free (sort of) as part of the console purchase. 

However, for PS4 bundles, the game price is included in the price of the bundle......

Around the Network

Leaving out Forza?

ethomaz said:
I agree Killzone SF single-player is average and with low inspirations.

But the MP outshine any launch title for now... MP is amazing... and the maps... ohhhhh the maps.

Yet from my understanding, few people are actually playing online.

Can you see the population numbers or is that hidden?

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Mr Puggsly said:

Hidden... no leaderboard too.

But everytime that I played there were available matches for all modes without need to wait... to make a comparison with my games the Warframe have a good activity too but I couldn't play any match of Blacklight Retribution in the two time I tried (waited over 10 minutes)... so bad activity.

bevochan said:

Thus far, KZ SF is selling more than Ryse/DR3 combined weekly and lifetime.  

Killzone: Shadow Fall

Global Total as of 21st Dec 2013 (units): 1.13m
Platform: PlayStation 4
Developer: Guerrilla Games Genre: Action

Ryse

Global Total as of 21st Dec 2013 (units): 0.54m
Platform: Xbox One Also on: Xbox 360
Developer: Crytek Genre: Action

Dead Rising 3

Global Total as of 21st Dec 2013 (units): 0.57m
Platform: Xbox One
Developer: Capcom Genre: Action

Interesting, but to avoid the flames you should probably put all the exclusives (disc based only I guess, since the downloadable content is not tracked as far as I know, but I don't follow the details of this very precisely).

Anyway, I have killzone on my PS4 and I can see why it sells more than Ryse (it has depth and replayability and the campaign lasts enough time for you to notice you started playing before you see the end credits!) I only wish they delayed it a bit, like Driveclub to tweak some of the missions for the progress to be smoother and get a few cheap death out... oh well, you have to have your release titles on release date...

What I am curious to see are the sales from AC4, BF4, COD:G, etc. I think we know enough to gess the PS4 sold much more than the XB1, but how much?

ethomaz said:

Mr Puggsly said:

Hidden... no leaderboard too.

But everytime that I played there were available matches for all modes without need to wait... to make a comparison with my games the Warframe have a good activity too but I couldn't play any match of Blacklight Retribution in the two time I tried (waited over 10 minutes)... so bad activity.

Well the online activity should be pretty good right now. It just came out.

I have a feeling Sony hides that info because they don't want their populations compared to other online games. Uncharted 3 going F2P and KZ3 online play on PSN gave me the impression not many people are playing those games online. The online shooter population might be shrinking as well.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)