By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Battlefield or ghosts?

If its on PC, bf4 no question, on console, ghosts

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Around the Network

Get whatever is your preference. BF4 is more BF3. Ghosts is also similar to past games.

Personally, I prefer versus modes BF4. But I enjoyed the campaign and co-op modes of CoD.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

ive got both on ps4 they are both good

for deep down online matches battlefield is better, if you want more arcadey and quicker matches then ghosts will be fine, ghosts has excellent graphics on ps4

i do have to mention that battlefield 4 single player save file bug isnt fixed yet, my file has been corrupted and ive to start agauin

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:
If its on PC, bf4 no question, on console, ghosts

Bear in mind he's considering the PS4 version. That basically is the PC game.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

BF seems like a superior choice, but I would never support such a game. If paid DLC has a higher priority than fixing your game (that should never had been released in such a state), I would never support it with my money. There are way to many good games out there made by devs. That gives more than two shits about their customers. But seeing as most of the problems seems fixed now, it is probably better than ghosts.

Your choice.

Around the Network

Neither.

Things that need to die in 2016: Defeatist attitudes of Nintendo fans

ash3336 said:
How's the design of multiplayer different in the two? I can't see it from the reviews

Personally I'm a battlefield player. But here's the difference between the two from battlefield perspective:

-Maps are much larger hence, the flow of the battle and the pacing will depend on the game mode (Rush is chaotic, Conquest on the other hand for vehicle maps is slow, but some infantry maps will be faster paced and chaotic)

-More players, meaning if you're skilled at avoiding enemies, you will rarely get focus fired on and can instead rack up kills from a good spot

-Matches are longer, a typical conquest/rush last for at least 30-40mins, in some maps with larger ticket counts over an hour for a round

-A skilled player can't turn the game around or win the game for the team but will greatly influence the tide of the battle

-Less arcadey than CoD, guns and weapons have proper recoil

-Ammo is generally not an issue

-Maps are god damn large, if you don't know where you are going or aren't in the momentum you'll fall behind on the scoreboard

-If you're very skilled at CoD, you'll be pro at Battlefield infantry maps

Ask me anything. 

Edit: Here is my solder's profile.  You can perhaps look at some weapon and stats there if you are curious.

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/soldier/Kshatriiya/stats/208264256/pc/

Intel core i7 930 OC @ 4.0 ghz

XFX Double dissipation Radeon HD 7950 356 bit 3gb GDDR5 OC @ 1150 MHz core + 1575 x 4 memory

Triple channel DDR 3 12gb RAM 1600 MHz

Alright I've decided to get ghosts since I don't play shooters a lot. It seems like the better option to get accustomed to the genre rather than the complex suing style of battlefield. Thank you y'all.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare: Reflex Edition FC 0025-4434-1221

MSG ME AS YOU ADD.

bananaking21 said:
the only reason to pick CoD over BF is because of the split screen multiplayer online.

Or, in my case, a better campaign and pointer controls. ;)

CoD and BF are essentially the same in terms of controls and gunplay, BF just focuses more on big map vehicle battles and CoD focuses on close gun on gun combat on smaller maps.