By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Wii vs PS4 Sales Thread: PS4's lead down to 379,689 units

Nice, Id also like to see a PS2 vs Ps4 since thats the console to beat,

Around the Network
AnthonyW86 said:
DucksUnlimited said:
AnthonyW86 said:

While I do expect the PS4 to eventually edge out the Wii, it's going to fall pretty far behind the first few years. I think a comparison to the PS2 would make more sense.

I don't know, including the Japan the PS4 should give it a run for it's money atleast until the next holiday's. Wii averaged about 200k-250k a week during most of it's first year, and the PS3 started doing 150k-200k a week when it dropped to $399/$499. I think anyone expects the PS4 to be more succesfull than the PS3 so 200K a week on average should atleast be possible right? Maybe even more.

The PS3 also had a much better library at that time than the PS4 currently does. Even though the PS4 will likely sell quite a bit faster than the PS3, expecting its first year to outsell the PS3 during its peak seems kind of unrealistic to me, let alone matching the Wii.

PS4 fad confirmed then.

Since the Wii was a fad.

PS4 will be ahead for a few weeks, then fall behind for a few years, then overtake Wii again and remain ahead.

BTW, a graph would be amazing.

No troll is too much for me to handle. I rehabilitate trolls, I train people. I am the Troll Whisperer.

irstupid said:
PS4 fad confirmed then.

Since the Wii was a fad.

Sony platforms are never fads only everything ells dude

OT: as other have said Wii was very supply constrained and would have sold so much more if there where units to meet demand

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

Around the Network
Roma said:
irstupid said:
PS4 fad confirmed then.

Since the Wii was a fad.

Sony platforms are never fads only everything ells dude

OT: as other have said Wii was very supply constrained and would have sold so much more if there where units to meet demand

well psp was a fad

The PS4 won't be out of stock as long as the Wii was, but it's also $150 more expensive. This will be interesting to watch.

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Add the Wii U and Xbone, I want to see how they all compare in the upcoming weeks lol

DucksUnlimited said:
AnthonyW86 said:
DucksUnlimited said:
AnthonyW86 said:

While I do expect the PS4 to eventually edge out the Wii, it's going to fall pretty far behind the first few years. I think a comparison to the PS2 would make more sense.

I don't know, including the Japan the PS4 should give it a run for it's money atleast until the next holiday's. Wii averaged about 200k-250k a week during most of it's first year, and the PS3 started doing 150k-200k a week when it dropped to $399/$499. I think anyone expects the PS4 to be more succesfull than the PS3 so 200K a week on average should atleast be possible right? Maybe even more.

The PS3 also had a much better library at that time than the PS4 currently does. Even though the PS4 will likely sell quite a bit faster than the PS3, expecting its first year to outsell the PS3 during its peak seems kind of unrealistic to me, let alone matching the Wii.

l agree that it's not a great comparison but it's the closest thing we have. Comparing it to a $600 ps3 launch is useless, besides the price was cut less than a year after launch. Also PS3 had a pretty big drought of software after launch, PS4 line-up looks better. 

I fully expect PS4 to fall behind the Wii in weekly sales starting from the month April, but including the Japanese launch PS4 could have build up a nice lead by then.

yes finally i also am interested in this data keep up the good work and keep updating

Play Me