By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Wii vs PS4 Sales Thread: PS4's lead down to 379,689 units

roman838892 said:
What is wii going to win? Why are people still stuck in the last generation? That's like comparing ps1 sells to ps2 or ps2 sales to wii. What are you trying to hold on to? Just a curious question

This isn't about Wii or PS4 winning anything. Prior to the PS4 launch, Wii had the best launch ever in the video game industry, PS4's first few months blew that away. So it's interesting to see how the two of them compare over time.

Signature goes here!

Around the Network

I think it's too different of a time to compare. The industry is completely different.

roman838892 said:
I think it's too different of a time to compare. The industry is completely different.

Changes are part of what make the comparisons interesting. This is a sales website comparing the sales of consoles of both the same and different generations what this is all about.

OT I was expecting the ps4 to keep up better for a little longer. Though I think future adjustments will slow it's been doing better than the last few wks numbers have been showing and that it was fall behind the total in June or July not in May

I'm starting to doubt any home console will ever (at least not in this current market) be able to beat the Wii's first few years or the PS2 lifetime sales. They were absolute monsters.

Bets:

1. If the Wii U sells closer to 10 million LTD by 1/3/2015 I win. If it sells closer to 9.5 million LTD by 1/3/2015 OfficerRaichu15 wins (winner gets 2 weeks of avatar control)--Lost.

roman838892 said:
Ps4 will outsell the wii. Better console and it'll have better games. Crazy to think sony will have the top 3 selling home consoles of all time in a few years

How would you kno ps4 is better than Wii automatically like that if ps4 just started? Seriously better games tht are even heard of -_-

Around the Network
TechnoHobbit said:
I'm starting to doubt any home console will ever (at least not in this current market) be able to beat the Wii's first few years or the PS2 lifetime sales. They were absolute monsters.

So true, and its scary for wii as it was supply restraint for the longest. PS2 160mil is so massive... Only thing that could top it missed it (DS)

Also nothing in HH market will ever come close to 100mil (let alone DS #s) thanks to todays market >_<

There's been another round of PS4 numbers adjustments, so the table will have to be redone again (I'll get on it later).

Most weeks saw an upward adjustment for the PS4 so its lead on the Wii should increase (at least before factoring this week's numbers).

Signature goes here!

This table is gonna be interesting: WiiU has MK8 boost and ps4 has Watch_Dogs!

Lets see how this goes :)

golfgt170 said:
This table is gonna be interesting: WiiU has MK8 boost and ps4 has Watch_Dogs!

I think you're in the wrong thread.

cheshirescat said:
golfgt170 said:
This table is gonna be interesting: WiiU has MK8 boost and ps4 has Watch_Dogs boost!

I think you're in the wrong thread.

Ah yes, It's for Wii, silly me :)

Fixed.