By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Bayonetta versus Bayonetta 2 comparison video

Tagged games:

Art style is subjective, and also does a good job of hiding technical limitations. Even artistic games like 3Dot heroes still look phenomenal on PS3 for example. Im a PC gamer and even I can appreciate what the PS4 brings to the table.

I predict that the Wii U will sell a total of 18 million units in its lifetime. 

The NX will be a 900p machine

Around the Network
Samus Aran said:
vivster said:
A moment of silence for how great this game could've looked on PS4.

I haven't seen a game as beautifull as Pikmin 3 as the PS4. Maybe from a technical point of view(merky ground textures sometimes), but combined with the art style it's a winner.

It's all in the eye of the beholder. Haven't been impressed with the PS3 --> PS4 shift or the Xbox360 --> Xboxone shift. PS2 --> PS3 was much more impressive, even during the first year of the PS3(graphics wise).

I'll admit I was annoyed last gen by how weak the Wii was compared to PS3 and Xbox360, but with the Wii U I don't care at all. Pikmin 3 and Super Mario 3D World all look gorgeous. And Zelda: WW also looks very good despite being a remake. Art style is more important than how powerful a console is.

You're comparing different games. I'm talking about the same. That the PS4 could handle much more sophisticated effects and textures is not in the eye of the beholder but a fact. Bayonetta's art style relies on high detail and stunning visual effects. Things you need hardware power for.

Before the rest of you jumps at me for the wrong reasons I'd like to make a few things clear.

1. I know why it is on the WiiU. I have nothing against the exclusivity. I'm thankful that this game was made at all.

2. This game is half of the reason why I will buy a WiiU next year. So it's not sour grapes since I will be playing it.

3. I fucking hate when a game doesn't reach its full potential because of hardware limitations. I love Bayonetta so it hurts to see it botched down because fucking Sony or another 3rd party publisher didn't have the balls to fund it. Now it's stuck on the weakest of the 3 consoles and that sucks balls.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Bayonetta looks good. But largely due to scale and better textures due to ram. If you stuck an extra 512mb of ram to the 9 year old 360 it wouldnt be too far behind trust me. As for 1080p60 I'll wait for digital foundry's verdict.

vivster said:
Samus Aran said:
vivster said:

I haven't seen a game as beautifull as Pikmin 3 as the PS4. Maybe from a technical point of view(merky ground textures sometimes), but combined with the art style it's a winner.

It's all in the eye of the beholder. Haven't been impressed with the PS3 --> PS4 shift or the Xbox360 --> Xboxone shift. PS2 --> PS3 was much more impressive, even during the first year of the PS3(graphics wise).

I'll admit I was annoyed last gen by how weak the Wii was compared to PS3 and Xbox360, but with the Wii U I don't care at all. Pikmin 3 and Super Mario 3D World all look gorgeous. And Zelda: WW also looks very good despite being a remake. Art style is more important than how powerful a console is.

You're comparing different games. I'm talking about the same. That the PS4 could handle much more sophisticated effects and textures is not in the eye of the beholder but a fact. Bayonetta's art style relies on high detail and stunning visual effects. Things you need hardware power for.

Before the rest of you jumps at me for the wrong reasons I'd like to make a few things clear.

1. I know why it is on the WiiU. I have nothing against the exclusivity. I'm thankful that this game was made at all.

2. This game is half of the reason why I will buy a WiiU next year. So it's not sour grapes since I will be playing it.

3. I fucking hate when a game doesn't reach its full potential because of hardware limitations. I love Bayonetta so it hurts to see it botched down because fucking Sony or another 3rd party publisher didn't have the balls to fund it. Now it's stuck on the weakest of the 3 consoles and that sucks balls.

The best Zelda game I've played(and I haven't played them all mind you) was on the weakest gaming device on the market: the 3DS. Zelda Skyward Sword was mediocre compared to A Link Between Worlds(still a decent game though). 

I would barely notice the difference while playing the game because I'm too busy playuing it(talking about Bayonetta). Graphics only do so much. 

Be glad, now you'll own a Wii U and you can buy all the Nintendo first party games you like. 

- Mario 3D platformers

- Mario 2D platformers

- Mario Kart

- Main Zelda games

- Donkey Kong platformers

- Possible Metroid game

- Super Smash Bros 4

- X

- Yarn Yoshi

- Hopefully a Luigi's Mansion for the Wii U. Would look sick. 

You're bound to like a few of those games. 

Would bayonetta be any less of a game if it came out on a system with better graphics? No. Would it be more of a game if it came out on a weaker system? No. Would I prefer it to have better graphics? Yes.

Around the Network
fatslob-:O said:
Why the hell did they use the PS3 version ?

To make the Wii U version look more impressive. Duh

Samus Aran said:
vivster said:
Samus Aran said:
vivster said:

The best Zelda game I've played(and I haven't played them all mind you) was on the weakest gaming device on the market: the 3DS. Zelda Skyward Sword was mediocre compared to A Link Between Worlds(still a decent game though).

I would barely notice the difference while playing the game because I'm too busy playuing it(talking about Bayonetta). Graphics only do so much.

Comic Zelda doesn't need graphics. Though it still looks awful on the 3DS with all those fist-sized pixels. Still playable but could be better(on Vita for example).

I've played most of the second part of last generation on PC with a high end rig. When I came back to PS3 everything was hurting my eyes. TLOU may be the best game of the year but it looked atrocious with muddy textures and no AA. Same for the FFs. When FFXIII came out it was the most beautiful and graphically advanced game I had ever seen. Then I started gaming on PC and when I came back to play FFXIII-2 I couldn't believe my eyes. I already hate to come back to PS3 for FFXIII-3 because FF was always about grphic fidelity and pushing the limits of the system it was on. The PS3 is holding it back and I hate that.

Graphics might not change the gameplay and maybe not even the fun but it never hurts to throw in some more pixels and AA. And then I think about the only reason why I can't have this is that it was just funded by the wrong publisher. That's a fucking stupid reason to have limited graphic fidelity.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

vivster said:
Samus Aran said:
vivster said:
Samus Aran said:
vivster said:

Comic Zelda doesn't need graphics. Though it still looks awful on the 3DS with all those fist-sized pixels. Still playable but could be better(on Vita for example).

I've played most of the second part of last generation on PC with a high end rig. When I came back to PS3 everything was hurting my eyes. TLOU may be the best game of the year but it looked atrocious with muddy textures and no AA. Same for the FFs. When FFXIII came out it was the most beautiful and graphically advanced game I had ever seen. Then I started gaming on PC and when I came back to play FFXIII-2 I couldn't believe my eyes. I already hate to come back to PS3 for FFXIII-3 because FF was always about grphic fidelity and pushing the limits of the system it was on. The PS3 is holding it back and I hate that.

Graphics might not change the gameplay and maybe not even the fun but it never hurts to throw in some more pixels and AA. And then I think about the only reason why I can't have this is that it was just funded by the wrong publisher. That's a fucking stupid reason to have limited graphic fidelity.

Eh, ALBW looks very sharp with the 3D turned on. Mario 3D land looks jagged, but ALBW? Nope. 

PS Vita version would look inferior in every way because there wouldn't be a 3D effect. And yes, it looks amazing on that game, never turned it off. 

I could make a joke about the Vita being only good for "...", but let's be honest, Vita isn't good for anything. It really has no reason to exist. 

SubiyaCryolite said:
fatslob-:O said:
Why the hell did they use the PS3 version ?

To make the Wii U version look more impressive. Duh

I hope they know that it was unfair of them. -_-

They should have used the 360 version. Bayonetta 2 looks better than the Bayonetta 1 on 360 as well. Using the PS3 version was bush league.