Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Bayonetta versus Bayonetta 2 comparison video

Tagged games:

Samus Aran said:
vivster said:
Samus Aran said:
vivster said:
Samus Aran said:
vivster said:
A moment of silence for how great this game could've looked on PS4.

I haven't seen a game as beautifull as Pikmin 3 as the PS4. Maybe from a technical point of view(merky ground textures sometimes), but combined with the art style it's a winner.

It's all in the eye of the beholder. Haven't been impressed with the PS3 --> PS4 shift or the Xbox360 --> Xboxone shift. PS2 --> PS3 was much more impressive, even during the first year of the PS3(graphics wise).

I'll admit I was annoyed last gen by how weak the Wii was compared to PS3 and Xbox360, but with the Wii U I don't care at all. Pikmin 3 and Super Mario 3D World all look gorgeous. And Zelda: WW also looks very good despite being a remake. Art style is more important than how powerful a console is.

You're comparing different games. I'm talking about the same. That the PS4 could handle much more sophisticated effects and textures is not in the eye of the beholder but a fact. Bayonetta's art style relies on high detail and stunning visual effects. Things you need hardware power for.

Before the rest of you jumps at me for the wrong reasons I'd like to make a few things clear.

1. I know why it is on the WiiU. I have nothing against the exclusivity. I'm thankful that this game was made at all.

2. This game is half of the reason why I will buy a WiiU next year. So it's not sour grapes since I will be playing it.

3. I fucking hate when a game doesn't reach its full potential because of hardware limitations. I love Bayonetta so it hurts to see it botched down because fucking Sony or another 3rd party publisher didn't have the balls to fund it. Now it's stuck on the weakest of the 3 consoles and that sucks balls.

The best Zelda game I've played(and I haven't played them all mind you) was on the weakest gaming device on the market: the 3DS. Zelda Skyward Sword was mediocre compared to A Link Between Worlds(still a decent game though).

I would barely notice the difference while playing the game because I'm too busy playuing it(talking about Bayonetta). Graphics only do so much.

Comic Zelda doesn't need graphics. Though it still looks awful on the 3DS with all those fist-sized pixels. Still playable but could be better(on Vita for example).

I've played most of the second part of last generation on PC with a high end rig. When I came back to PS3 everything was hurting my eyes. TLOU may be the best game of the year but it looked atrocious with muddy textures and no AA. Same for the FFs. When FFXIII came out it was the most beautiful and graphically advanced game I had ever seen. Then I started gaming on PC and when I came back to play FFXIII-2 I couldn't believe my eyes. I already hate to come back to PS3 for FFXIII-3 because FF was always about grphic fidelity and pushing the limits of the system it was on. The PS3 is holding it back and I hate that.

Graphics might not change the gameplay and maybe not even the fun but it never hurts to throw in some more pixels and AA. And then I think about the only reason why I can't have this is that it was just funded by the wrong publisher. That's a fucking stupid reason to have limited graphic fidelity.

Eh, ALBW looks very sharp with the 3D turned on. Mario 3D land looks jagged, but ALBW? Nope.

PS Vita version would look inferior in every way because there wouldn't be a 3D effect. And yes, it looks amazing on that game, never turned it off.

I could make a joke about the Vita being only good for "...", but let's be honest, Vita isn't good for anything. It really has no reason to exist.

Wow that went downhill fast. Now I can't take anything you will ever say serious again. Being fanboy is fun and all but at least make it obvious that you don't really mean what you are saying because otherwise you will look pretty close minded.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network
vivster said:
Samus Aran said:
vivster said:
Samus Aran said:
vivster said:
Samus Aran said:
vivster said:

I haven't seen a game as beautifull as Pikmin 3 as the PS4. Maybe from a technical point of view(merky ground textures sometimes), but combined with the art style it's a winner.

It's all in the eye of the beholder. Haven't been impressed with the PS3 --> PS4 shift or the Xbox360 --> Xboxone shift. PS2 --> PS3 was much more impressive, even during the first year of the PS3(graphics wise).

I'll admit I was annoyed last gen by how weak the Wii was compared to PS3 and Xbox360, but with the Wii U I don't care at all. Pikmin 3 and Super Mario 3D World all look gorgeous. And Zelda: WW also looks very good despite being a remake. Art style is more important than how powerful a console is.

You're comparing different games. I'm talking about the same. That the PS4 could handle much more sophisticated effects and textures is not in the eye of the beholder but a fact. Bayonetta's art style relies on high detail and stunning visual effects. Things you need hardware power for.

Before the rest of you jumps at me for the wrong reasons I'd like to make a few things clear.

1. I know why it is on the WiiU. I have nothing against the exclusivity. I'm thankful that this game was made at all.

2. This game is half of the reason why I will buy a WiiU next year. So it's not sour grapes since I will be playing it.

3. I fucking hate when a game doesn't reach its full potential because of hardware limitations. I love Bayonetta so it hurts to see it botched down because fucking Sony or another 3rd party publisher didn't have the balls to fund it. Now it's stuck on the weakest of the 3 consoles and that sucks balls.

The best Zelda game I've played(and I haven't played them all mind you) was on the weakest gaming device on the market: the 3DS. Zelda Skyward Sword was mediocre compared to A Link Between Worlds(still a decent game though).

I would barely notice the difference while playing the game because I'm too busy playuing it(talking about Bayonetta). Graphics only do so much.

Comic Zelda doesn't need graphics. Though it still looks awful on the 3DS with all those fist-sized pixels. Still playable but could be better(on Vita for example).

I've played most of the second part of last generation on PC with a high end rig. When I came back to PS3 everything was hurting my eyes. TLOU may be the best game of the year but it looked atrocious with muddy textures and no AA. Same for the FFs. When FFXIII came out it was the most beautiful and graphically advanced game I had ever seen. Then I started gaming on PC and when I came back to play FFXIII-2 I couldn't believe my eyes. I already hate to come back to PS3 for FFXIII-3 because FF was always about grphic fidelity and pushing the limits of the system it was on. The PS3 is holding it back and I hate that.

Graphics might not change the gameplay and maybe not even the fun but it never hurts to throw in some more pixels and AA. And then I think about the only reason why I can't have this is that it was just funded by the wrong publisher. That's a fucking stupid reason to have limited graphic fidelity.

Eh, ALBW looks very sharp with the 3D turned on. Mario 3D land looks jagged, but ALBW? Nope.

PS Vita version would look inferior in every way because there wouldn't be a 3D effect. And yes, it looks amazing on that game, never turned it off.

I could make a joke about the Vita being only good for "...", but let's be honest, Vita isn't good for anything. It really has no reason to exist.

Wow that went downhill fast. Now I can't take anything you will ever say serious again. Being fanboy is fun and all but at least make it obvious that you don't really mean what you are saying because otherwise you will look pretty close minded.

Does the PS Vita even have an exclusive that isn't called Persona 4 that is worth playing? And more people would've enjoyed that game if it was on the 3DS.

But stating a game looks very bad despite having never played it is what I call close minded(and you obviously have never played ALBW). Also from reading your posts you're way too focused on graphics to the point I feel sorry for you because you'll miss out on a lot of great games just because you don't like the way it looks. 

From what little I've seen from the first Bayonetta it looks like a pretty ugly and uncreative game. I guess the maker of the video cherry picked boring brown coloured levels. I prefer looking at ALBW despite being on a much weaker console. 

SubiyaCryolite said:
Bayonetta looks good. But largely due to scale and better textures due to ram. If you stuck an extra 512mb of ram to the 9 year old 360 it wouldnt be too far behind trust me. As for 1080p60 I'll wait for digital foundry's verdict.

Except 360 doesn't have an extra 512MB of RAM. Or an extra 22MB of eDRAM. Or DX10/11 equivalent features in its GPU.

Samus Aran said:
vivster said:
Samus Aran said:
vivster said:
Samus Aran said:
vivster said:
Samus Aran said:
vivster said:

Does the PS Vita even have an exclusive that isn't called Persona 4 that is worth playing? And more people would've enjoyed that game if it was on the 3DS.

But stating a game looks very bad despite having never played it is what I call close minded(and you obviously have never played ALBW). Also from reading your posts you're way too focused on graphics to the point I feel sorry for you because you'll miss out on a lot of great games just because you don't like the way it looks.

From what little I've seen from the first Bayonetta it looks like a pretty ugly and uncreative game. I guess the maker of the video cherry picked boring brown coloured levels. I prefer looking at ALBW despite being on a much weaker console.

I read reviews and watch videos about games all the time. I don't fully judge until I have played them. All gameplay vids(even in the trailers where it is supposed to look good) it looked very pixelated. Should I buy a 3DS now so I can hope it looks different than what I saw in the videos?

You obviously don't know enough about the Vita and still judge it.

And you still don't get my point, or me for that matter. This is about a game that could look better if it were published on a more powerful console. No one ever said that games without blingy pixels are bad. ALBW is a great game and one of the first I would play if I had a 3DS. But to answer in your spirit - and I mean what I will say now.

ALBW looks utter shit compared to the original A Link to the Past, Which I played extensively and probably more often than you fiddled with your 3DS.

I'm not limiting my game choices due to petty things like graphics. You do because of your narrow minded fanboy brain that won't allow there to be good games on consoles like Vita. Which by the way has shitty graphics compared to a home console but still great games which I am able to play and you not.

I'm done here.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

So tell me, which game am I missing by not owning a Vita? An exclusive game by the way. I own other consoles. ;)

And sure, A Link to the Past looks better than ALBW. Ok. 

What's next? Mario 64 looks better than Super Mario 3D World? 

I'll tell you one more time: you can't determine how bad/good ALBW looks without viewing it with the 3D effect turned on. It makes a huge difference. 

If I watch a Persona 4 vid on 1080p on youtube it will be pretty damn close to the real thing considering I never watch vids on full screen. Not so much with the 3DS. Persona 4 is really the only game I want to play on the Vita. 

Around the Network

This video only proved(and later pics) only proved 1 thing for me: The game was note even close the full potential of either machines, probably because of the focus on steady framerate. But com'on, its looks like a HD remake of a ps2 game. The ps3 version almost looked like a wii game to me.

I don't know what to think now. If this game turn out not be close to wiiu full potential, it will make platinum looks bad, if not, will make wiiu looks worse. :/

"Hardware design isn’t about making the most powerful thing you can.
Today most hardware design is left to other companies, but when you make hardware without taking into account the needs of the eventual software developers, you end up with bloated hardware full of pointless excess. From the outset one must consider design from both a hardware and software perspective."

Gunpei Yoko

justiceiro said:
This video only proved(and later pics) only proved 1 thing for me: The game was note even close the full potential of either machines, probably because of the focus on steady framerate. But com'on, its looks like a HD remake of a ps2 game. The ps3 version almost looked like a wii game to me.

I don't know what to think now. If this game turn out not be close to wiiu full potential, it will make platinum looks bad, if not, will make wiiu looks worse. :/

Bayonetta 2 looked very good to me on the Wii U, I wouldn't worry about it too much. Too bad I'm not a fan of hack and slash games because I like the art style. 

vivster said:

I don't know how you can post that without expecting this kind of response:

3DS Friend Code: 0645 - 5827 - 5788
WayForward Kickstarter is best kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1236620800/shantae-half-genie-hero

Samus Aran said:

Persona 4 is really the only game I want to play on the Vita. 

Hypocrite. I thought you were only interested in exclusives. :O

3DS Friend Code: 0645 - 5827 - 5788
WayForward Kickstarter is best kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1236620800/shantae-half-genie-hero

vivster said:
Samus Aran said:

I read reviews and watch videos about games all the time. I don't fully judge until I have played them. All gameplay vids(even in the trailers where it is supposed to look good) it looked very pixelated. Should I buy a 3DS now so I can hope it looks different than what I saw in the videos?

You obviously don't know enough about the Vita and still judge it.

And you still don't get my point, or me for that matter. This is about a game that could look better if it were published on a more powerful console. No one ever said that games without blingy pixels are bad. ALBW is a great game and one of the first I would play if I had a 3DS. But to answer in your spirit - and I mean what I will say now.

ALBW looks utter shit compared to the original A Link to the Past, Which I played extensively and probably more often than you fiddled with your 3DS.

I'm not limiting my game choices due to petty things like graphics. You do because of your narrow minded fanboy brain that won't allow there to be good games on consoles like Vita. Which by the way has shitty graphics compared to a home console but still great games which I am able to play and you not.

I'm done here.

It would be advisable for you to to not be so temperamental in your posting style.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.