By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Bayonetta versus Bayonetta 2 comparison video

Tagged games:

curl-6 said:
SubiyaCryolite said:

Yes, but it would best the WiiU graphically thats for sure.

On topic, everything Bayonetta 2 does on Wii U (textures+scale) is largely due to the RAM. Its nice but from a purely technical standpoint its not so impressive given the age of the 360 and the enhancements facilitated only by ram if nothing else. As it stands no single game has shown the Wii Us gpu to be above of that of the 360 in terms of raw power, almost every enhancement seen so far is a result of extra ram or dev time. Why, because share the exact same geometry, exact same resolution and usually lower framrate. That doesnt scream power.

A Wii U with a 16 core CPU, 16GB of RAM, and a high end PC GPU would best the PS4. See how pointless such claims are?

Games like Trine 2 and Need for Speed showed GPU-relevant improvements on Wii U over 360; resolution, water shaders, and anti-aliasing in Trine, reflections and framerate in Need for Speed.

The framerate of Most Wanted U is exactly the same as the 360/PS3 and it sometimes drops to lower levels.

The world and car geometry is exactly the same.

It has the exact same resolution. 

The Textures are a result of RAM. 

The lighting was rewritten for the Wii U as well "Dev Time", theres no saying it couldnt be applied to the 360. Im basing this on Oblivion 360 vs Oblivion PS3 (a year later and significantly better looking on more or less identical hardware). 

Road reflections "could" have been left out on the consoles because of RAM as well, Im not sure how taxing that would be from a GPU standpoint, I cant confrim this obviously. 

Trine 2 operates at the same resolution, though the 360 & PS3 use dynamic scaling in parts. It has a locked 30fps framerate. Exact same geometry. The Anti Aliasing on the Wii U is more "refined", see Oblivion 360 vs PS3. 

"higher-resolution textures and more detailed foliage are used in many places throughout the game" == RAM.

"Other refinements to the PC game are more subtle - such as the use of higher-quality normal map compression, increased water complexity and splash effects - but these elements work well with the inclusion of higher-resolution textures to deliver more detailed imagery on screen in a way which emphasises the lush look of the environments" == RAM. Water & Splash == Physics == Dev time. Assuming these are CPU based theres no reason they shouldnt exist on 360. If GPU based then those DX11 Compute extentions came in handy.

"A look at the Wii U version of Trine 2 yields no unwanted surprises either - performance is a match for the 360 game with a straight line on our FPS graph showing a solid, sustained, consistent 30FPS update with no tearing in sight." == On par with 360s GPU, whuch has no tearing either.

"this partially explains the 1890MB file-size over the 1.1 GB on the 360 and 1144MB on the PS3, with higher-resolution assets also taking up additional space. " == RAM

If Bayonetta 2 is native 1080p I'll have to eat crow but every gameplay video released thus far has OBVIOUS jaggies even in 720p so I wont hold my breath. Smash will be 1080p but it lookes like Brawl with higher res textures so that isnt off the table. Same with DK.

Mario Kart 8 looks really impressive and if thats 1080p I'll eat crow too. Though the latest trailer also had obvious jaggies.

Taxing realisticish games like Pikmin 3 run at 720p30.

Nintendoland which is quite the looker also runs at 720p60.

Mario 3DLand looks great but uses artstyle to great effect to achieve 720p60.

NSMBU 720p60.

Project cars 720p30.

99.99% of 3D realistic or semi realistic Wii U games 720p30 or sub 30.

If Im wrong Ill gladly eat that humble pie but I dont believe I am. 

My point still stands. Its not like the PS4 version of Trine 2 that runs at 1080p60fps. Trine 2 could even hit 4K at 30fps. 4 bloody K at 30fps. Thats an OBVIOUS generational increase in raw GPU power not present on the Wii U.

I predict that the Wii U will sell a total of 18 million units in its lifetime. 

The NX will be a 900p machine

Around the Network
vivster said:

This game footage I just saw is definitely not 1080p. You can blame it on youtube for all I care but since the WiiU is even weaker than the PS4 it will not be able to run a game like this in 1080p, even with those extremely low res textures. I have yet to see a 1080p game with sophisticated graphics(meaning effects, high res textures and far object distances) on the WiiU. The graphics of an Intel Celeron also "supports 1080p".

That might have a little something to do with the fact that most of what you've seen on Wii U thus far has been:

A) Ports of PS360 games with little to no change/improvement to the graphics.

B) Launch/first gen titles that on almost any console very rarely tap into the true graphical power of the hardware.

C) Early demo footage of games like Mario Kart, X, and Bayonetta, that are hardly representative of what the final product will look like.

I just hope Wii U owners will not make Nintendo regret funding this game.

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

Porcupine_I said:

lol, just be happy it exists. Ill buy it day 1 even though I have no delusions about generational leaps

I predict that the Wii U will sell a total of 18 million units in its lifetime. 

The NX will be a 900p machine

SubiyaCryolite said:
Porcupine_I said:

lol, just be happy it exists. Ill buy it day 1 even though I have no delusions about generational leaps

Sure, but if it also sells well it could be incentive for Nintendo to pick up more dormant IPs in the future. 

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

Around the Network
Porcupine_I said:

I'll do my part. 

It does look rather fantastic on the Wii U! I may be forced to buy a Wii U just for this :|

]

Bayonetta 2 is prettier.

Although I'm sure it doesn't matter right?

d21lewis said:
Samus Aran said:
vivster said:

Comic Zelda doesn't need graphics. Though it still looks awful on the 3DS with all those fist-sized pixels. Still playable but could be better(on Vita for example).

I've played most of the second part of last generation on PC with a high end rig. When I came back to PS3 everything was hurting my eyes. TLOU may be the best game of the year but it looked atrocious with muddy textures and no AA. Same for the FFs. When FFXIII came out it was the most beautiful and graphically advanced game I had ever seen. Then I started gaming on PC and when I came back to play FFXIII-2 I couldn't believe my eyes. I already hate to come back to PS3 for FFXIII-3 because FF was always about grphic fidelity and pushing the limits of the system it was on. The PS3 is holding it back and I hate that.

Graphics might not change the gameplay and maybe not even the fun but it never hurts to throw in some more pixels and AA. And then I think about the only reason why I can't have this is that it was just funded by the wrong publisher. That's a fucking stupid reason to have limited graphic fidelity.

Eh, ALBW looks very sharp with the 3D turned on. Mario 3D land looks jagged, but ALBW? Nope. 

PS Vita version would look inferior in every way because there wouldn't be a 3D effect. And yes, it looks amazing on that game, never turned it off. 

I could make a joke about the Vita being only good for "...", but let's be honest, Vita isn't good for anything. It really has no reason to exist. 

We're in agreement about Link Between Worlds on 3DS.  The 3D MADE that game for me!

Can't agree with you on the Vita, though.  It's pretty great, too.  My 3DS and Vita make sweet love all the time.  In public, they act like they dont' know each other, though.  Don't know why, really.  I think the world is ready for a 3DS/Vita relationship.

That's ok, I still like you. :p

If Sony just made some exclusive games for the Vita I would have a reason to buy one. But that's my opinion of course. 

brendude13 said:
Bayonetta 2 is prettier.

Although I'm sure it doesn't matter right?

It matters but it doesn't matter except when it SHOULD matter...not that any of that MATTERS.  Plus matter with anti-matter.  Why is it so hard for you to understand this?