By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS4 has passed Wii U LTD in Europe

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=5931352

Things that need to die in 2016: Defeatist attitudes of Nintendo fans

Around the Network
MikeRox said:
Slarvax said:
Not like a big accomplishment. But whatever, great numbers for PS4! If this are correct... I still something is wrong with this week numbers.

On the plus side, it would be nice for the most powerful system to be the one with the bigger userbase and so getting more of it's full potential used. Particularly the PS2 held back that generation greatly compared with what would have been possible from Xbox or GameCube if they'd had the equivalent dominance in userbase.

I guess it would be great for the industry, but how much power difference was there between PS2 and the others? I didn't notice a huge difference. (I had PS2, one friend Xbox and another GC)

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

PS4 is breaking every record and it's on pace to become the most powerful console to win a generation for the first time.

pezus said:
Zelhawks37 said:
Yes, because console sales mean so much for a corporation rather than profits. :)

Congrats anyhow.

You're visiting VGChartz for the profit numbers?

Yes, and to have fanboy wars! Cuz corporations care about us!

Estelle and Adol... best characters ever! XD

Dv8thwonder said:
http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=5931352

What is your point ? You're comparing a childish troll making a silly comparison to someone making a comparison unfair to PS4  but still PS4 wins by a good margin.

In 2-3 weeks, PS4 will pass Wii U LTD in US too.

and worldwide in february, maybe even before japan launch.

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

Around the Network
Angelv577 said:
PS4 is breaking every record and it's on pace to become the most powerful console to win a generation for the first time.

Wasn't the SNES more powerful than the Genesis? And some consoles pre Nintendo (I suppose they aren't counted but SNES is still there)?

chapset said:
Vashyo said:
meh, europe has allways been PS4 stronghold. Japan's where it's at, and PS4 is domed there!

not true

ok you convinced me, northern America is where it's at, PS4 = doamed!

Slarvax said:
MikeRox said:
Slarvax said:
Not like a big accomplishment. But whatever, great numbers for PS4! If this are correct... I still something is wrong with this week numbers.

On the plus side, it would be nice for the most powerful system to be the one with the bigger userbase and so getting more of it's full potential used. Particularly the PS2 held back that generation greatly compared with what would have been possible from Xbox or GameCube if they'd had the equivalent dominance in userbase.

I guess it would be great for the industry, but how much power difference was there between PS2 and the others? I didn't notice a huge difference. (I had PS2, one friend Xbox and another GC)

There was a pretty big difference between them. Especially the Xbox and PS2. Quite a lot of games had improved textures/framerate on the Xbox. Games such as Burnout 2 were 60fps split screen on Xbox vs 30fps on the other systems.

GCN was more difficult to call as the system had a completely different architechture. However I think Resident Evil 4 was noticibly better on GCN than PS2.

*This isn't to say the PS2 wasn't a fantastic system. It's just I do wonder what we might have seen if the GCN or Xbox became market leader that generation.

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

Vashyo said:
chapset said:
Vashyo said:
meh, europe has allways been PS4 stronghold. Japan's where it's at, and PS4 is domed there!

not true

ok you convinced me, northern America is where it's at, PS4 = doamed!

no problem guy, that's what I do :D

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.

IsawYoshi said:
Angelv577 said:

Wasn't the SNES more powerful than the Genesis? And some consoles pre Nintendo (I suppose they aren't counted but SNES is still there)?

TG16 CD came out before the SNES did.  Sega CD came out one year after.  Both require either the TG16 or Genesis, but still.  The Turbo Duo released one year after the SNES that was a TG16 and CD in one.