By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What do you think the next UNANNOUNCED Mario game will be...?

Mario X Shin Megami Tensei.

Around the Network

I would like to point out that Nintendo has stated that they would only have one game from the "New SMB" series per console so you can strike that off your lists.

My guess would be a Mario Sports title for Wii U but I can see Mario Party U happening

I would love to see a... Super Mario Bros 4. A sequel to Super Mario Bros 3 with lots of improvements. That announcement would blow minds.

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

Strikers! Or at least I hope it gets made and announced soon. But the team who make them (Next Level Games) released Luigi's Mansion 2 nine months ago so I think they need more time if they're really making it.

A Paper Mario in the style of N64 and GC ones would be nice too. Super Paper Mario was great, but I don't need more than one game in that style.

For the mainline series hopefully they return to the classic 120 star approach. That means not necessarily Galaxy 3. Only then will Wii U be my favourite system (if the game is good yes).

Yep.

Cheebee said:
Einsam_Delphin said:
Cheebee said:
New Super Mario Bros. 3DS

They made that already, just replace 3DS with 2.

Obviously. I meant that as in NSMB3.

Well then you're forgetting the obvious that is 1 NSMB game per system.

Around the Network
Einsam_Delphin said:
Cheebee said:
Einsam_Delphin said:
Cheebee said:

Suuuuuure. As if they wouldn't release a new one if it made  sense, business-wise.

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

Paper Mario U or Super Mario Strikers U, the latter since the World Cup is this year and I doubt either FIFA 15 or PES 2015 are coming to Wii U.

Mario Paint of course, it's such obvious.

Cheebee said:
Einsam_Delphin said:
Cheebee said:
Einsam_Delphin said:
Cheebee said:

Suuuuuure. As if they wouldn't release a new one if it made  sense, business-wise.

Do you see 2 different NSMB games on any one system? No? Then your sarcastic "suuuuuuure" is unjustified.

Einsam_Delphin said:
Cheebee said:
Einsam_Delphin said:
Cheebee said:
Einsam_Delphin said:
Cheebee said:

Do you see 2 different NSMB games on any one system? No? Then your sarcastic "suuuuuuure" is unjustified.

The fact that neither Wii nor DS had more than one NSMB game does not mean WiiU (or 3DS for that matter) won't get a 2nd installment. Nobody thought we'd ever get 2 3D Marios on 1 console; then Galaxy 2 happened.

Companies say many things and many of them mean nothing in practice. Nintendo (like most other companies, big and small) have made many statements in the past saying they would or wouldn't do one thing or another, that eventually proved to be false. Want examples?

Nintendo vehemently deny a DS redesign is coming - BAM! DS Lite unveiled almost immediately after. Miyamoto denies a 3DS redesign is in the works - BAM! 10 days later 3DS XL is unveiled. Iwata says they've learned from 3DS and Wii U will most definitely NOT face a software drought - BAM! Worst software drought ever happens a few months later. Nintendo claims Metroid Prime 3 will in fact for sure be a launch game for Wii - BAM! 'Umm, no sorry it's not, we never said it would be'. Nintendo claims Wii will play DVDs through an add-on feature - BAM! It never happened. Nintendo state Wii U won't see a pricedrop in the foreseeable future - BAM! Wii U Deluxe slashed from $349 to $299 shortly after. (Feel free to Google all this if you feel like it.)

... Need I go on? I think not.  It's all just basic PR. All companies do it. Not saying we'll necessarily see a NSMBU2 anytime soon, but I'm saying it could very well happen, if Nintendo deem it smart, business-wise. It's not like they took some sacred oath.

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046