By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS4 starts dominating - outsells WiiU and X1 combined (Read OP, please)

PS4 PS4 PS4! :)

Around the Network

Also, 3DS outsold PS4 + Xbone combined.
Also, X360 outsold Xbone by 100k, but 3DS still outsold it + PS4, combined.
Also, 3DS outsold Vita by over 900k.

3DS dominates everything.

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

Cheebee said:

Yeah, the 3DS is a handheld which can be purchased for less than $200. Of course its going to be easier to pick up. Even i was contemplating buying one just because it was so cheap. It shouldnt be compared to main consols though.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
Cheebee said:

Yeah, the 3DS is a handheld which can be purchased for less than $200. Of course its going to be easier to pick up. Even i was contemplating buying one just because it was so cheap. It shouldnt be compared to main consols though.

Based on this logic, we shouldn't compare Wii U sales to XBox one sales because of the price disparity. PS vita is cheaper than the new gen consoles but isn't selling better. People are buying the 3DS because they want it, not just because of it's price.

Sales prediction, PS4: 122 Million, Xbox one: 50 million, Switch: 105 million. 

S.T.A.G.E. said:
Cheebee said:

Honestly, the 3DS has become more than just a handheld. It's a compitent system with amazing portable games while also handling console quality games to. When the thing is holding console quality games like Street Fighter 4, Resident Evil Revelations, Kingdom Hearts 3D, and Ocarina of Time, it honestly earns the right to be put on the same pedestal as the other home consoles. The DS was great, but it definitely felt like a smaller, less impressive system than it's home counter parts. The 3DS does not. Not if you own the right games. It's scary how imressive the console really is.

Around the Network

Well to be fair the X1 hasn't launched in all European countries yet so the numbers will improve for MS. However, why are Nintendo fans ignoring Wii U sales? Every time sales figures are shown for Wii U it immediately gets downplayed and the only thing Nintendo fans have to say is "3DS is King".

Sure, we all know that 3DS will have higher numbers but comparisons are about home consoles, not $129 handhelds. 3DS isn't in the title of the thread, nor is it in the comparison of the consoles shown.

not bad, i even expected less fro wii u, guess i underestimated them

Jizz_Beard_thePirate said

Also, nothing will come close? 3ds says hi!

He was talking about home consoles. Consoles and handhelds don't compete with one another.

I do hope you don't seriously think that level of weekly sales if going to maintain for long past the holidays.

spemanig said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Cheebee said:

Honestly, the 3DS has become more than just a handheld. It's a compitent system with amazing portable games while also handling console quality games to. When the thing is holding console quality games like Street Fighter 4, Resident Evil Revelations, Kingdom Hearts 3D, and Ocarina of Time, it honestly earns the right to be put on the same pedestal as the other home consoles. The DS was great, but it definitely felt like a smaller, less impressive system than it's home counter parts. The 3DS does not. Not if you own the right games. It's scary how imressive the console really is.

Those are very low resoulion games and there are very few console quality games in 3D worlds in 3DS. I don't think 3DS equals to Console quality games and its just handheld with cheap price and low resolution games/screen. We get top game developers we have so far doing games for PS4 to give new experinces like never before wheras 3DS is all about Nintendo IP's and some few 3rd party games for fun on the go.

GAMING is not about spending hours to pass/waste our time just for fun,

its a Feeling/Experience about a VIRTUAL WORLD we can never be in real, and realizing some of our dreams (also creating new ones).

So, Feel Emotions, Experience Adventure/Action, Challenge Game, Solve puzzles and Have fun.

PlayStation is about all-round "New experiences" using new IP's to provide great diversity for everyone.

Xbox is always about Online and Shooting.

Nintendo is always about Fun games and milking IP's.