By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS4 starts dominating - outsells WiiU and X1 combined (Read OP, please)

megafenix said:
not bad, i even expected less fro wii u, guess i underestimated them

LOL at your sig so random

Around the Network

Well it wont be long until ps4 is on top

prayformojo said:
Jizz_Beard_thePirate said

Also, nothing will come close? 3ds says hi!

He was talking about home consoles. Consoles and handhelds don't compete with one another.

Ah, but they do. Only on forums such as this they sometimes don't when it's closemindedly convenient, but in reality they do, very much.

You can claim they're not in competition until you're blue in the face - they compete on the only front that matters in the end: for the money and time consumers are willing to spend on such entertainment, and that's a simple truth and fact, whether anyone likes it or not. There's just no way around it. Tablets and smartphones compete with handhelds and consoles for that matter, too, and are destroying all of them in sales.

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

Why do nintendo fans always dismiss wii u sales and ALWAYS bring in the 3ds. I bet that is how Iwata answers at nintendo conferences ''the wii U is not selling well but look at the 3ds''.

Cheebee said:

Ah, but they do. Only on forums such as this they sometimes don't when it's closemindedly convenient, but in reality they do, very much.

You can claim they're not in competition until you're blue in the face - they compete on the only front that matters in the end: for the money and time consumers are willing to spend on such entertainment, and that's a simple truth and fact, whether anyone likes it or not. There's just no way around it. Tablets and smartphones compete with handhelds and consoles for that matter, too, and are destroying all of them in sales.

I agree. Anything entertainment wise and esspecially other means of gaming are in competition for the consumers money. I'm glad somebody else realizes this.

3DS & PS4 do compete with each other.

Around the Network
biglittlesps said:
spemanig said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Cheebee said:
Also, 3DS outsold PS4 + Xbone combined.
Also, X360 outsold Xbone by 100k, but 3DS still outsold it + PS4, combined.
Also, 3DS outsold Vita by over 900k.

3DS dominates everything.

Yeah, the 3DS is a handheld which can be purchased for less than $200. Of course its going to be easier to pick up. Even i was contemplating buying one just because it was so cheap. It shouldnt be compared to main consols though.

Honestly, the 3DS has become more than just a handheld. It's a compitent system with amazing portable games while also handling console quality games to. When the thing is holding console quality games like Street Fighter 4, Resident Evil Revelations, Kingdom Hearts 3D, and Ocarina of Time, it honestly earns the right to be put on the same pedestal as the other home consoles. The DS was great, but it definitely felt like a smaller, less impressive system than it's home counter parts. The 3DS does not. Not if you own the right games. It's scary how imressive the console really is.

Those are very low resoulion games and there are very few console quality games in 3D worlds in 3DS. I don't think 3DS equals to Console quality games and its just handheld with cheap price and low resolution games/screen. We get top game developers we have so far doing games for PS4 to give new experinces like never before wheras 3DS is all about Nintendo IP's and some few 3rd party games for fun on the go.

Wow. I've never seen a post so ill informed on this site. Games are more than just pretty graphics and resolution and the DS family brought some of the most innovative and fun games in the last couple of years, the past year alone has seen a lineup much more than what you describe. If you think that resolution and "console quality" games matter so much you're going to miss out on a lot.

biglittlesps said:
spemanig said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Cheebee said:
Also, 3DS outsold PS4 + Xbone combined.
Also, X360 outsold Xbone by 100k, but 3DS still outsold it + PS4, combined.
Also, 3DS outsold Vita by over 900k.

3DS dominates everything.

Yeah, the 3DS is a handheld which can be purchased for less than $200. Of course its going to be easier to pick up. Even i was contemplating buying one just because it was so cheap. It shouldnt be compared to main consols though.

Honestly, the 3DS has become more than just a handheld. It's a compitent system with amazing portable games while also handling console quality games to. When the thing is holding console quality games like Street Fighter 4, Resident Evil Revelations, Kingdom Hearts 3D, and Ocarina of Time, it honestly earns the right to be put on the same pedestal as the other home consoles. The DS was great, but it definitely felt like a smaller, less impressive system than it's home counter parts. The 3DS does not. Not if you own the right games. It's scary how imressive the console really is.

Those are very low resoulion games and there are very few console quality games in 3D worlds in 3DS. I don't think 3DS equals to Console quality games and its just handheld with cheap price and low resolution games/screen. We get top game developers we have so far doing games for PS4 to give new experinces like never before wheras 3DS is all about Nintendo IP's and some few 3rd party games for fun on the go.

Resolution has nothing to do with a game being console quality. Street Fighter 4, Resident Evil Revelations, Kingdom Hearts 3D, Ocarina of Time, Dead or Alive: Dimensions, Sonic Racing Transformed, Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, Kid Icarus: Uprising, Tekken 3D, Beyond the Labrinth, Metal Gear Solid 3D. There were only two first party games on that list.

I seriously can't understand how anyone can try to argue that those aren't console quality games and I can't understand how anyone can say that anything shown for the PS4 or XBO are "new experiences like never before." What exactly is new like never before? Infamous Retread? Killzone AnotherFall? Knack? Come on. And this isn't me bashing the systems, but new experiences? Quite the total opposite.

Wii U is definitely 2nd in terms of sales

Dream_While_Awake said:

Cheebee said:

I agree. Anything entertainment wise and esspecially other means of gaming are in competition for the consumers money. I'm glad somebody else realizes this.

3DS & PS4 do compete with each other.

Wrong. If I am hungry all food doesnt enter my mind. If I want take out then take out places are "competeing" vs a sit down restraunts. Even more specific would be type of food.

If I want a videogame console to plug into my living room plasma then I dont decide whether I want a 3ds or PS4.

Youre assuming that when one thinks of a purchase they simply make a blanket decision regardless of variables. Not only is price a consideration but to ignore the differences simply because you control polygons with a joystick is rudimentary. Mobile vs Console are different markets regardless of price simply based on the entire purpose of the hardware.

If you want to say "entertainment" competes its a slippery slope that wont end because then we argue about movie sales vs software consoles. Blu Rays vs NFL tickets. PPV vs Broadway.

A 4 inch portable 3ds is a different form of entertainment than a home console plugged into a bigscreen, like it or not. 

Cheebee said:
prayformojo said:
Jizz_Beard_thePirate said

Also, nothing will come close? 3ds says hi!

He was talking about home consoles. Consoles and handhelds don't compete with one another.

Especially if you say that handhelds and home consoles are both competing for the time and money of consumers it is not a fair comparison.

Fact 1: Consumers have significantly more time to spend on handhelds

Fact 2: They don't have to spend as much money on handhelds

That makes them by design a significantly better deal than consoles. So much that they're not in a feasible realm for comparison. Also they have for the most part a different target audience.

It's like comparing smartphones to desktop PCs.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.