By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Hardware Up 21st Dec... PS4 Doubles Xbone Sales

kumagawa said:
Viktor said:
3DS 414,705 351,656 240,390 1,078,568
PS4 290,244 264,100 N/A 656,655

Wasn´t 3DS supposed to be a flop?

3DS is down 160,000 on last year it should still be growing not shrinking.

I'm looking forward to Nintendo's official end of year (Nintendo financial year) shipment numbers at the end of April, beginning of May were it will show the 3DS behind the GBA again let alone the DS.

The point is it did noticeable better than PS4 this December so far. Even last year 3DS got criticised for "mediocre" sales but in fact it was doing even far better last year than this year and than the "record breaking" PS4 this December. In fact even this years 3DS sales are noticeable stronger. The PS4 is supply constrained but doesn´t selling noticeable less than 3DS, which is even down compared to last year mean that the main reason for PS4 beeing sold out is largely due to low shipments, especially compared to 3DS, which was often called to be selling mediocre?

Around the Network

Nintendo quietly slaying. Why is Mario Party Island Tour such a flop, though?

Salnax said:
Congrats to the 3DS for having a million sold in a week.

The PS4 may be in the lead, but I expect the PS360 to still sell fairly well this time of the year in 2014. I know that's when I'll be considering a PS3!

Don't overstate the wonder of the Wii U outselling the One. It's a virtual tie, and the Wii U is the only 8th gen console in Japan at the moment, giving it a private market of sorts. Still, it seems obvious that the One is really only going to excel in a limited range of countries. Well over half of its sales were probably in the USA!

Outside of Japan, the Vita is barely beating the Wii. Hell, the Wii is ahead in North America. Selling less than 20% of your rival on a week without any major releases is not a good sign.

Meanwhile, in American software...

In general, the Wii consoles did well, with Mario titles excelling on the Wii U, and Just Dance 2014 and Skylanders doing great on the Wii. things aren't looking great for Nintendo's consoles yet, but at least there are games. Also note that although few Wii U games made the chart, even Wii Sports from 2006 managed to do so, beating out Gran Turismo 6.

The One and PS4 are not doing that great in terms of software. Each is largely relying on CoD still, but neither version is doing above 80,000 this week. Bloody Rocksmith for the 360 is doing better than Killzone, Forza, etc.Combined, these two consoles, though doing brilliantly on the hardware side, still fail to sell over a million games a week. That's right, in terms of software, the DS is doing better!

The 3DS is great in terms of hardware, but merely adequate in terms of software. About 1 in 8 3DS games sold were Pokemon X/Y. Besides that... Zelda did well on its 5th week, but nothing else sold above 65,000 or so. Even Mario Party sold poorly, less than 2008's Mario Kart Wii. At least 2011 games like MK7 and SM3DL make an encore appearance.

In terms of software alone, the PS360 remain the undisputed kings of America, garnering somewhat over half of software sales when combined. 10 of the top 17 skus were for these systems, and thus above any PS4/One titles. I fail to see either platform becoming discarded in the near future.

Possibly the most unbiased and factual post related to sales that I've seen on the forums for quite some time... Good work my friend, good work.

Currently own:

• Ps4

Currently playing: Witcher 3, Walking Dead S1/2, GTA5, Dying Light, Tomb Raider Remaster, MGS Ground Zeros

Dark_Feanor said:
pezus said:

Holy hell! The power of some stock :O

WiiU above One!

360 above PS3! :O

PS4 cannibalizing PS3 and 360 blocking XOne...

Microsoft should kill the 360 faster in the larger marteks. I was about to by one tomorow, but Sleeping Dogs changed my mind, I can wait until Titanfall.

PS: Until Sony announce their sales I won´t belive PS4 crossed the 3mi mark after Christmass.

Why are you so sure Sony will announce the 3 mil mark?

Do you also expect them to announce 4mil and 5 mil etc?

The 1 and 2 mil milestones covered the US and Europe luanches, i dont expect them to announce every million as it happens. Next announcement should be when they give their financials.

Thats my thinking anyways.

Intel Core i7 3770K [3.5GHz]|MSI Big Bang Z77 Mpower|Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1866 2 x 4GB|MSI GeForce GTX 560 ti Twin Frozr 2|OCZ Vertex 4 128GB|Corsair HX750|Cooler Master CM 690II Advanced|

How many installed base has the Xbone and PS4 combined now? Nearly 5 million? It's important nextgen consoles get a big installed base so that future games are developed on next gen ground up, instead of just being current gen games ran in 1080p.

Around the Network

I like how Europe is rather waiting to get somehow a PS4 than looking at other options :D
This is just beautiful

kumagawa said:
So were both the PS4 and Xbone easy to find in the US that week? or were supply issues still a problem?

At my local store huge stacks of unsold Xbones but no PS4s to be found.

gigantor21 said:
NobleTeam360 said:
Woah Wii U sold more the the Xbox One. Anyway PS4 continues to sell well but the software sure doesn't show that.

Seriously. It's really weird.

Indeed, that the Xone and PS4 software have dropped so low on the top seller list is disturbing. The consoles themselves are selling well enough, so why aren't the games? 

The fact that New Super Luigi U is tracking higher than every PSOne game is both amusing and worrying at the same time.

Viktor said:
kumagawa said:
Viktor said:
3DS 414,705 351,656 240,390 1,078,568
PS4 290,244 264,100 N/A 656,655

Wasn´t 3DS supposed to be a flop?

3DS is down 160,000 on last year it should still be growing not shrinking.

I'm looking forward to Nintendo's official end of year (Nintendo financial year) shipment numbers at the end of April, beginning of May were it will show the 3DS behind the GBA again let alone the DS.

The point is it did noticeable better than PS4 this December so far. Even last year 3DS got criticised for "mediocre" sales but in fact it was doing even far better last year than this year and than the "record breaking" PS4 this December. In fact even this years 3DS sales are noticeable stronger. The PS4 is supply constrained but doesn´t selling noticeable less than 3DS, which is even down compared to last year mean that the main reason for PS4 beeing sold out is largely due to low shipments, especially compared to 3DS, which was often called to be selling mediocre?

I don't get the comparission of the 3DS and the PS4. Not trying to jump in the conversation it just seemed odd to me. One is a home console and one is a handheld, One cost about $200 dollars more and is not avail in as many places(Japan for example). And as you said one is having supply issues while the other isn't.  It's like just an odd comparision IMO that is.

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

those xbox one in EU sales are horrid. if those are true then XB1 will have some trouble in europe