By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - BOLD PREDICTION: The PS4 will outsell the 3DS+Wii U

Do you think the PS4 will outsell the 3DS+Wii U?

Yes 431 30.12%

No 889 62.12%

They'll sell the same ak... 110 7.69%

Total:1,430

I see that some users have rather unrealistic expectations for the 3DS LTD sales. I'd say that it is a strong possibility but lets face it, anything can happen between now and the end of the generation.

Around the Network

3DS sales STILL better then PS4 :/

ExplodingBlock said:

pretty much the same as it was undertracked in US

Raziel123 said:
ExplodingBlock said:

pretty much the same as it was undertracked in US

In the week of July 5th 3ds sold 120k and PS4 sold 98k

3DS has Japan on its side while PS4 doesn't

Europe is also eating up Tomodachi Life

But ya PS4 does win in NA

ExplodingBlock said:

In the week of July 5th 3ds sold 120k and PS4 sold 98k

3DS has Japan on its side while PS4 doesn't

Maybe. Or maybe it sold more.

But yes, for now japan gives an advantage. PS4's eventual growth in Japan will happen though

The op's prediction depends a lot more on the Wii U's future performance than the 3DS..

Around the Network
ExplodingBlock said:

1. I personally don't believe that European 3DS numbers are as high as vgchartz is presenting them (France up 66% YoY in the 4th year? Yeah, sure) and at the same time I would not be surprised if the PS4 is undertracked as much in Europe as it was in the US

2. Even if that all isn't the case, the 3DS is still on a clear downward trend YoY, while the PS4 is only in its first year, PS4 sales will considerably pick up over the next couple years, so as long as its life is long enough my prediction should still come true.

Yes, it will.

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

So this thread is almost a year old now and while we are not yet completely at the end of 2014 it definitely looks like even in its first full year the PS4 has already outsold the Wii U and 3DS combined.

I've gotten quite some flak for this prediction but how does the general opinion look now? I for one am more certain in this prediction than I ever was.

Good thread

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

why should that be a bold prediction?

ps4 Need to sell way less than ps3 to make this not happen

edit: nvm this was december 2013 not 2014
my fault