By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - BOLD PREDICTION: The PS4 will outsell the 3DS+Wii U

Do you think the PS4 will outsell the 3DS+Wii U?

Yes 431 30.12%

No 889 62.12%

They'll sell the same ak... 110 7.69%

Total:1,430
taspao said:

a

This post just has everything. Bravo, good sir. Bravo!

In all seriousness let's keep things nice and on the level from here. Personally I don't see the PS4 outselling the 3DS, let alone both combined but I've been wrong before, so who knows!

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Around the Network

It's possible, but doubtful. The pent-up demand for PS4's has been met. They are sitting on store shelves now. The next 6 months will tell a lot. If a successor is revealed this year at e3 for the 3DS, that may limit its sales. If MK8 bundles don't start pushing Wii U's, then it's in trouble. But PS4 is also going to need to up its game going forward.

I'm going with OP.
3ds isnt going to come close to DS, but PS4 easily pass PS3 in sales. wii U is only doing 20m lifetime in the best case scenario.
Also PS4 is likely to be around for 10 years (assuming sony is lol) since its basically a cheap PC which is powerful enough to continue getting ports of PS5 games, even if they are at 720p/30. I dont see more than 3 years left in the 3ds and even assuming it doesnt slow down compared to the first 3 years, it will get to ~90m.
I can see PS4 getting past 110m and outselling the wii U and 3ds (90+20)

so you think the PS4 will outsell the WiiU & Xone too combined

people say the "console" is on the slide so maybe none of them will outsell the 3DS,i'm thinking consoles will have a shortened tech life from here on in

I smell like the dark forest of Dwemereth in the morning mist                                                   fanboy til i'm bankrupt

I think there's a chance.

Based on current curve I thought 3DS will sell 75 Million. Just curious to see some analysis why it would sell 100 Million. I'll show you mine, you show me your analysis.

- 3DS is currently at ~44 Million.
- 3DS is currently selling 1/3 of DS at the same time. That's what I use as the trend.
- DS sales in last 6 years of life ~110 Million. 1/3rd = ~37 Million
- DS sales in last 5 years of life ~85 Million. 1/3rd = ~28 Million
- DS sales in last 4 years of life ~55 Million 1/3rd = ~18 Million

So based on current trend, and not being discontinued until 9 years old (!) it would get to ~80 Million. ~75 is a bit more conservative.

Another way to think about it is at it's peak 3DS sold 1/2 of DS in a year.  Project that you get again ~75 million.  Unless we think 3DS will have beter legs than DS... so far it looks like the opposite.

100 Million would take a big change, like a 200% boost in how 3DS is doing this year which seems unlikely given that it's actually in a 25% decline.

My 8th gen collection

Around the Network

Now this seems even more doable with 3ds declining faster than we thought. All depends of what can do wii u in 2014, 2015 which are going to be its best years and if PS4 will have the strong legs of every Sony system or not.

hahhahahhahaha...sorry there is no deletion option!

taspao said:

Again? Buddy you do realized that you were already banned in this thread 4 days ago, right?

At first I was thinking you were talking about a specific time frame like Christmas, but then I read the op. Yeah that is definitely not happening.

DerNebel said:
taspao said:

Again? Buddy you do realized that you were already banned in this thread 4 days ago, right?

Conegamer 4 days ago

taspao said:

a

This post just has everything. Bravo, good sir. Bravo!

In all seriousness let's keep things nice and on the level from here. Personally I don't see the PS4 outselling the 3DS, let alone both combined but I've been wrong before, so who knows! my comment(hhahhahhaha there is no deletion option)  is for the moderator...