By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global Hardware Numbers Are Up!!! 14 December 2013

Like every year..., i prefer to wait until end january for post adjustments.... because in my humble opinion...., this numbers seems to be very wrong for various consoles....

990k Ps4 sold and 546k Xbox One in Europe....Ps4 maybe is right but i'm confident Xbox One is overtracked, and by some margin. When just in a country like Spain you have 100k advantage..., I don't believe you only have 350k more in the rest of Europe when you even launched in more countries....I know Spain is sonyland an bla bla bla..., but i think is common sense that, at least, UK, France, Germany and Italy alone should give that 350k advatange for Ps4 over Xbox one (UK should be 150k alone), so what about rest of Europe??.

And the Others numbers seems fishy too, because of Asian launch....I don't expect 500k from there but more than 33k for the week....yes.

Respecting US numbers...., it can go either way, ps4 leading or xbox one leading..., i don't know..., we will know for sure with NPD numbers.

Around the Network
Aerys said:

First adjustments : PS4 312k > 331k

You guys should really wait for real sales before talk about numbers , after all the adjustments, there will be many surprises and many fail

Then we wouldn't be talking about them until mid january when we get financials.

Indeed, talking about them now is pointless, except to make a funny thread.

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

If sony is making 1 million a month consoles, then yes that is true that number would not change, but what would change would it's distribution. So if they were launching in more asian (others) then they would have to send more of their stock their for launch, even if this meant numbers of supply in other countries were lower.

Who knows what the actual figures are (500k does seem high, but 20k is also too low)... but i cannot see adding another batch of countries is going to mean the same number of sales. It should mean higher sales numbers in the following week in *others* even if it means lower shipment numbers in Europe/USA... if that makes sense.

Also someone was suggesting that Sony were flying out January shipments early (i.e they were made and would go out on boat or something).. so that could give them access to another 200k + of stock. If they are making 1 million a month.

Making an indie game : Dead of Day!

colafitte said:
Like every year..., i prefer to wait until end january for post adjustments.... because in my humble opinion...., this numbers seems to be very wrong for various consoles....

This.

Around the Network

Wii, a dead-er console than most, outsold Vita in NA again? Oh my....morte indeed....

DanneSandin said:
I wonder how much things are over tracked. ..

Well, considering the 3DS only did ~770K or so in all of Nov in the US, and VGC has it at ~560K for just two weeks, I think its safe to assume the 3DS is going to be overtracked again.

Dark_Feanor said:

Sony made only one shippment of about 4k consoles to Brazil, a country with 200mi people. Reports from Argentina and Chile show they never re-stock there either. You can pre-order only for February.

It dosen´t make sense, I know. But that is how Sony choosed to play.

On the Microsoft side I can assure you, Brazilian never saw a marketing campain that broad for a console (or a tech product) EVER. Metro, newspaper, TV adds... And, there are tons of XOne in every store and they are re-stocked weekly. Half my active Live friends has migrated to the XOne.

Similar situation with the PS4 here in Colombia, they only shipped 1K units during launch and they just sold out (right before christmas), no restock available for my country till february either.

Dark_Feanor said:
TheEspionage said:
bananaking21 said:
yeah those PS4 numbers are way undertracked.

Sony expects to sell 3m by the end of 2013.  This seems pretty accurate unless you expect them to sell more than what they're shipping.....Not to mention supply constrain that has been reported.  Once again, because of low shipments.  

This.

I think hard to belive people here are so obtuse to just think for a moment.

They might still living in the euphory of this year E3.

Lol, you ever think that maybe they were lowballing it, just so they can report a number ~500K-1M larger and it will look even better?  Also, it is reported that starting in Oct, Sony was going to be making 1M consoles per month.  So that's Oct+Nov+Dec = 3M.  Do you honestly think Sony had manufactured no PS4s before Oct? 

thismeintiel said:
Dark_Feanor said:
TheEspionage said:
bananaking21 said:
yeah those PS4 numbers are way undertracked.

Sony expects to sell 3m by the end of 2013.  This seems pretty accurate unless you expect them to sell more than what they're shipping.....Not to mention supply constrain that has been reported.  Once again, because of low shipments.  

This.

I think hard to belive people here are so obtuse to just think for a moment.

They might still living in the euphory of this year E3.

Lol, you ever think that maybe they were lowballing it, just so they can report a number ~500K-1M larger and it will look even better?  Also, it is reported that starting in Oct, Sony was going to be making 1M consoles per month.  So that's Oct+Nov+Dec = 3M.  Do you honestly think Sony had manufactured no PS4s before Oct? 

I doubt they were making many before October though.  I just think they are producing a little more then 250k a week.  Demand is really high so I am sure they are trying to pump them out.  They need to capitalize on the demand now, because at some point it wont be nearly as hot.