By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global Hardware Numbers Are Up!!! 14 December 2013

ethomaz said:

GamechaserBE said:

I really hope that is true because over here we have no shipments for 2-3 weeks and the next shipment includes my pre order =p.

Which retail in UK? Amazon.co.uk received a little shipment last week.

I should change my location (BELGIUM)

This is what the game stores said in Belgium (and possible other countries)

Posted 15th december.   No more PS4's till the middle of january. (could be sooner though).

Around the Network

GamechaserBE said:

I should change my location (BELGIUM)

This is what the game stores said in Belgium (and possible other countries)

Posted 15th december.   No more PS4's till the middle of january. (could be sooner though).

Ohhhhh.... I just said about Amazon.co.uk because I saw two PS4 bundles in stock four days ago... so I guessed they received a new shipment but that get sold out fast again.

There are a new shipment for UK in 10th of January (that's the estimated date for preorder in Amazon.co.uk right now)... so I guess that when Belgium you get too.

Aura7541 said:

Didn't Sony sell around a half million PS4's in Asia?

That was a number put forward by a gaf poster (I think it was thuway who is more or less a troll posing as an insider). There is no way Sony could have shipped 500k units to Asia. This would be a 2 week ww supply, so Sony would have shipped zero units into the world for two weeks. Obviously wrong, I'd guess the asian launch was about 150k, 200k tops, units.

Ponyless said:
Just a question but, which Asian country is getting 500k shipped to it? Korea is the 17th,Hong kong is 17th, Malayasia is 20th, Singapore is 19th, Taiwan is 18th, Philippines, Thailand, and Indonesia aren't out yet. Which asian country is getting 500k before the 15th?

None of them, it's an unconfirmed leak, the numbers are impossibly high to be logical anyways.

drkohler said:
Aura7541 said:

That was a number put forward by a gaf poster (I think it was thuway who is more or less a troll posing as an insider). There is no way Sony could have shipped 500k units to Asia. This would be a 2 week ww supply, so Sony would have shipped zero units into the world for two weeks. Obviously wrong, I'd guess the asian launch was about 150k, 200k tops, units.

It was FamousMortimer, one of the most reputable leakers on NeoGaf. He's been right about nearly everything he's predicted lately. 

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Around the Network
Fusioncode said:
drkohler said:
Aura7541 said:

It was FamousMortimer, one of the most reputable leakers on NeoGaf. He's been right about nearly everything he's predicted lately. 

Which Asian Country did the PS4 launch in before the 14th? Most of the Asian Launch will be the 17th-19th, so which asian country got 500k shipment?

drkohler said:

It was famousmortimer.

He said Sony alloccated 500k for the Asia/Mid-East launch because they are sure they will sold these units there but they are not sure they will sold more than 1 million in US at launch... so instead to allocate these 500k units in US (unsure about to sell out) they allocated to Asia/Mid-East (sure about to sell out).

That said... that was the Sony allocation for the production.

Sony was caught by surprise witht he demand in US... so they could even changed the plans a little a week or two before the Asia/Mid-East launch to sent only 200k there and 300k for US for example.

Here he said the 500k: http://doddscientifics.com/2013/12/13/super-fun-sales-chat-2013/
The others parts explaining what he said you can found in his twitter: https://twitter.com/atPeteDodd

ethomaz said:

GamechaserBE said:

Ohhhhh.... I just said about Amazon.co.uk because I saw two PS4 bundles in stock four days ago... so I guessed they received a new shipment but that get sold out fast again.

There are a new shipment for UK in 10th of January (that's the estimated date for preorder in Amazon.co.uk right now)... so I guess that when Belgium you get too.

Ah okay,  well Sony and the store told me that they estimate I will get my PS4 around 15th December...    I gave up on estimates =p.   But I am pretty sure that Sony is not shipping weekly to the smaller markets (maybe to UK/France yes).   I am going to give Sony a call tomorow.

kowenicki said:
Fusioncode said:
drkohler said:
Aura7541 said:

nah.

He was right about the PS4 release date, right about COD being 720p on XBO, right about the PS4 launch lineup, give me some examples of him being wrong. 

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Wii U is good. And whats fucking wrong wit the High-end-super-mega-cool new nexgen Consolse from sony and microsoft xDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

Zelda - Breath of the Wild for Nintendo Switch.... Incredable!!!