By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global Hardware Numbers Are Up!!! 14 December 2013

Looks like those of us who stated that the Xbox One isn't in high demand were correct. The PS4 remains sold out and it's only 60,000 less in sales? That's only three Xbox Ones sold per city or less than one Xbox One per town and city.  As common as it is to find an Xbox One out there, that's a lot of unsold consoles.

Around the Network
TheEspionage said:
bananaking21 said:

Read my edit.  Im not going to argue about this.  Every week we hear the same undertracked/overtracked stuff on this site with no evidence other than assumptions.  Dont even look at VGC numbers if you guys are going to do this weekly.

That's BS to call them out like that.  Especially since they have been here MUCH longer than you, and therefore know how this site works.  NEVER take these numbers as gospel, unless they are at least over 6 months - 1 year old, because they constantly change on you.  And there is evidence that the PS4 is undertracked.  Sony had launches in several new countries during the week of these numbers cover.  It IS IMPOSSIBLE that the numbers for Others is on par with last week, as well as only beating the One by ~1K, which has launched in WAY fewer countries and has less demand to boot.

PS4 severely supply constrained.

Nobody's perfect. I aint nobody!!!

Killzone 2. its not a fps. it a FIRST PERSON WAR SIMULATOR!!!! ..The true PLAYSTATION 3 launch date and market dominations is SEP 1st

kowenicki said:

http://www.examiner.com/article/ps4-stock-and-supply-levels-discussed-by-sony-computer-entertainment

PS4 stock and supply levels discussed by Sony Computer Entertainment

Sony Computer Entertainment

Fergal Gara has made a brief statement in regards to the current stock and supply levels of the PS4. In an interview with Express on Dec. 26, the managing director at the U.K. branch of Playstation shared some potential bad news for customers looking to purchase the next-generation system in the future.

Fergal Gara admitted that Sony Computer Entertainment still needs “a couple of months” in order to supply enough units to satisfy demand. It is unclear if his statement was meant specifically for the U.K. region or worldwide.

The PS4 was made available on Nov. 15 in North American while European regions did not receive the new console until Nov. 22. The next-generation system has been hard to find due to high demand, especially during the holiday season.

An analyst recently disclosed that Sony Computer Entertainment is manufacturing approximately one million units per month. The company previously announced that more than 2.1 million PS4 consoles were sold to customers by Dec. 1. That number should increase significantly with the holiday season sales and additional launches in other countries.

It appears that much of the restocks and shipments are being prioritized for the United States. Many retailers from other countries are telling customers that they will have to wait until early next year in order to get their hands on the next-generation system.

You can check out the latest Playstation console in the slideshow to the left of this article.

Awesome.  Confirms what most Sony guys believed on here and PS4 is undertracked in the US, as the majority of those 1M+ shipments each month is going to the US.

Meh, guess we'll have to wait for NPD. I don't trust these numbers one bit.

Official member of VGC's Nintendo family, approved by the one and only RolStoppable. I feel honored.

Around the Network
thismeintiel said:
DanneSandin said:
I wonder how much things are over tracked. ..

Well, considering the 3DS only did ~700K or so in all of Nov in the US, and VGC has it at ~560K for just two weeks, I think its safe to assume the 3DS is going to be overtracked again.

It's done that before.... 3DS sold~ 800k in all of Nov 2012 and it sold 540k for 2 weeks of December 2012. Considering 3DS sold 770k in all of Nov 2013 and 560k in 2 weeks of December 2013, what makes you think it's overtracked?

EDIT: it was 540k in Nov 2012 US, if anything that makes a stronger case for it not being over tracked.

Conegamer said:

Overall a good week for everyone, and surely we won't know anything certain for a while. So why all the hate?

Hate is what keeping this site together...

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

colafitte said:
Like every year..., i prefer to wait until end january for post adjustments.... because in my humble opinion...., this numbers seems to be very wrong for various consoles....

990k Ps4 sold and 546k Xbox One in Europe....Ps4 maybe is right but i'm confident Xbox One is overtracked, and by some margin. When just in a country like Spain you have 100k advantage..., I don't believe you only have 350k more in the rest of Europe when you even launched in more countries....I know Spain is sonyland an bla bla bla..., but i think is common sense that, at least, UK, France, Germany and Italy alone should give that 350k advatange for Ps4 over Xbox one (UK should be 150k alone), so what about rest of Europe??.

And the Others numbers seems fishy too, because of Asian launch....I don't expect 500k from there but more than 33k for the week....yes.

Respecting US numbers...., it can go either way, ps4 leading or xbox one leading..., i don't know..., we will know for sure with NPD numbers.

You're correct.  I also think the latest numbers we recieved had PS4 ahead of the One by ~100K in UK, as well.

Mario does 220k for first month yet we have 130k for second week of December? No way.

Seece said:
Mario does 220k for first month yet we have 130k for second week of December? No way.

how is the wiiu beating the ps3 in sales when ps3 destroyed it in november, vgchartz numbers are always way off in almost every december.