By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - But seriously tho - where did PS3 go wrong?

I think you guys are forgetting the fact that the PS2 didn't exactly have anything that said "you need this" at launch, or that it was also extremely unorthodox to program for, there were even some games ported from the Dreamcast that ended up taking a step backwards, some of which weren't even all that technically demanding like Crazy Taxi.

It was pretty much Sony's "look at what you're getting for X amount of money" attitude that left everyone with a negative stigma towards the PS3 that never fully went away throughout the generation, possibly for the rest of the industry's eternity for that matter.

Around the Network
STRYKIE said:
I think you guys are forgetting the fact that the PS2 didn't exactly have anything that said "you need this" at launch, or that it was also extremely unorthodox to program for, there were even some games ported from the Dreamcast that ended up taking a step backwards, some of which weren't even all that technically demanding like Crazy Taxi.

It was pretty much Sony's "look at what you're getting for X amount of money" attitude that left everyone with a negative stigma towards the PS3 that never fully went away throughout the generation, possibly for the rest of the industry's eternity for that matter.

PS2 was pretty much worse than Dreamcast in every way. But that DVD player though. I had 4 of them XD

JGarret said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PLjWeMTwRVc

After that event, things changed.

What Sony went through with the PS3 really humbled them, and as a result the PS4 was born, much more in line with the PS1/PS2 days.

That entire conference could very well be credited with the take-off of internet memes within the video game industry.

Biggest reason is because the 360 arrived. Early

Relevant.

Around the Network
Figgycal said:
STRYKIE said:

PS2 was pretty much worse than Dreamcast in everyway. But that DVD player though. I had 4 of them XD

Well I wasn't really comparing the two, I'm just showing that the PS2 did in fact suffer from a lot of the things the PS3 is often exclusively slandered for. The only lopsided difference being the retail price lol.

And I think it's a little silly to attribute the Dreamcast falling short financially towards the PS2 anyway, the N64 and PS1 were still very relevant platforms circa-2000 and the Dreamcast itself made about as much impact in Japan as the 360 did. Maybe that Windows logo had something to with it. #Kappa

TheSting said:

TurboGrafx, Sega Saturn, Wii U......

STRYKIE said:
RazorDragon said:

Lack of games during the early years, high price, multiplats performing better on competition.

That's... hmm... A nice original Xbox there, right? That's a 2009 picture! Does it still works?

STRYKIE said:
TheSting said:

TurboGrafx, Sega Saturn, Wii U......

Looking at sales. Yea the 360 arrived. Early

Giving much of their market share to MS. That was kinda dumb.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)