By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - the 1080p people...

I wonder... why people are complaining games that are not on 1080p....

as if you can't enjoy a game at a lower resolution.

it is true that 1080p looks better (little or much much more) vs the 720p.... but would that hinder you from playing that game especially if it is exclusive to the system?

i see people might not be interested in MK8 if it won't run in 1080...

are these people has not enjoyed playing game since recently? since the introduction of the 1080p?

is it really that big of a deal?

so what if someone's COD only play 720p.... at least his sytem will have a Halo in his box

have we reach the point of... if it is not high res it won't be enjoyable?

Ive seen the debate going on and on about the power... but we have been gaming for decades with a much lower res and that didn't stop us on enjoying a game...

true HD is revolutionary but it is not everything.

feel free to throw tomato on me.... but i feel sorry for the "fans" that only enjoy 1080p and not the game itself

Around the Network

Nobody is saying a game isn't fun if it isn't 1080p. However it's true that 1080p is a higher resolution and that *all else held equal*, higher resolution is more desirable.

It's just to rile up ppl. A fake point in this imaginary war. It's ridiculous. Some act like they are getting paid. It's all about The Conversion

Quite honestly, I don't notice much of a difference between the 720p and 1080p. Most people don't even notice a difference unless you see both resolutions side by side.

I care more about frame rates. I'm disappointed we aren't seeing more games achieving 60 fps or maintaining it.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

A higher resolution is always better for gaming. Having a lower resolution just decreases precision of an image.

Around the Network

When I put the settings on my pc to 900p or 1080p I already see a huge difference. Let alone 720p - 1080p. Even on a big television you clearly feel the difference. If you play CoD ghosts for a while on xbox one and afterwards playing on PS4 the difference is immense and I actually think that this factor alone can already define your purchase

Stories unfolded with my home made rap songs. Feel free to listen here with lyrics: https://youtu.be/vyT9PbK5_T0

Nope, its not all about 1080p but in a multiplatform game, the one with a higher resolution and framerate is always the superior version.

However, you have to keep in mind that on PC, 1080p was pretty much the standard since 2-3 years ago. I run skyrim with enb and high resolution texture mods, full blown 1080p.

Intel core i7 930 OC @ 4.0 ghz

XFX Double dissipation Radeon HD 7950 356 bit 3gb GDDR5 OC @ 1150 MHz core + 1575 x 4 memory

Triple channel DDR 3 12gb RAM 1600 MHz

I don't play sub 1080p on my PC and I'd rather not play sub 1080p on my console (especially since that's all I've done last gen). It's not a deal breaker, but I'd rather not have to.

I'll just add that on PC (for me at least): 1920 x 1080 resolution is the absolute must have. All other settings are extra.

Anyone who says they won't play Mario Kart if it's not 1080p are fools. 1080p is nicer that 900 or 720p, but a lower resolution generally doesn't sour a great experience. Framerate has a much bigger impact.

1080p has become the standard resolution now. Deal with it.