By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Network down? Update: Eshop is finally working!

Yup really slow... lots of day one updates. Good and bad news I guess.

It was like this on WiiU launch week as well due to volume.

Around the Network

I had problems this morning updating my partners son's new console, took ages and kept getting error code every five minutes, then once i set the system up went on e-shop to download pokemon rumble.

allenmaher said:

Yup really slow... lots of day one updates. Good and bad news I guess.

It was like this on WiiU launch week as well due to volume.

Indeed, good for Nintendo's bottom line, bad for the rest of us (i'll need to DL that update to Sonic Lost World since i only got it today)

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Just tried getting on e-shop again and can't get on :/

Can't get in EShop to download Zelda on my moms new 3DS XL...

This sucks.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Around the Network

Yup, had some trouble setting up our Wii U this morning.

My 8th gen collection

Makes sense, even if Nintendo "only" sold say 350k in December, the majority of systems purchased in December are meant as gifts for this day, so you will have an unusually large number of systems trying to access Nintendo's servers on one day probably well over 10-20x more than a normal day.

You probably also could have existing Wii U owners who recieved money today as part of their gifts and are trying to log on so they can download a game or something. 

Any word on how long?

I just tried the eshop again, still not working. When it couldn't connect to eshop, it caused my wiiu to disconnect from internet completely. Didn't allow me to go on miiverse or use netflix again. It took about ten minutes for it to reconnect, but still no eshop.

Nintendo's servers clearly weren't ready.
http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2013/12/nintendo_acknowledges_network_issues_and_suggests_patience

I fear i won't be able to buy Super Mario Bros 3 tomorrow