By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Japan Sales week 51 (Dec 16 - Dec 22)

Is this really a store O.o
I feel so bad...

Around the Network

I like the other guys layout better plus we get Famitsu numbers as well

oh well great WiiU sales! I'm actually surprised how well it is doing as I thought it was Doom3ds!!

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

Hmm, WiiU continuing to get larger than expected xmas boosts, of course you could say that it bloody well needs them but at least it's giving a cause for some optimism for embattled Nintendo fans

PSV also chugging along steadily, nothing spectacular though. Big 3DS software sales, both PDZ and LM2 are in with a shot at 1m in 2013, though it'll be a big ask for hardware to hit 5m YTD (it needs to sell ~320k in Week 52 which traditionally sees a slight drop from 51 - doesn't look like it'll happen)

Shin Gundam Musou is slightly disappointing, even after adjusting my expectations downwards it still did worse than I thought. For the record I was thinking 150k for PS3 and 60k for PSVm thinking that the sales would expand slightly over 2 userbases. It isn't awful though, here are some figures from Vgchartz (SGM figures from MC)

[PS3] Gundam Musou - 174,638 / 306,015
[PS3] Gundam Musou 2 - 176,241 / 315,108
[PS3] Gundam Musou 3 - 189,271 / 363,724
[PS3] Shin Gundam Musou - 126,019
[PSV] Shin Gundam Musou - 52,667
[PS3+PSV] Shin Gundam Musou - 178,686

So basically there was a consistant pattern of moderate growth but now there is slight fall with Shin Gundam Musou, albeit within the same ballpark as the first two games. It's not disasterous and given the high levels of potential fatigue for both Gundam and Musou fans, I think N-B should take these OK, even if it took 2 SKU's to do it

However, it should be noted that using the Famitsu numbers it did a bit worse - PS3=113,493, PSV=44,889, Total=158,382, or 20k less than MC says. Of course digital may boost these but given that the numbers we've had showed only marginal increases for titles even on PSV, I wouldn't count on large proportions of DL sales. Then again who knows? We may be surprised

meanwhile on VGCz it's still december 7th...

PSVTV tearing it up any minute now.

Ongoing bet with think-man: He wins if MH4 releases in any shape or form on PSV in 2013, I win if it doesn't.

Around the Network

3DS is definitely beginning its decline though. Not beating last year's LTD with this year's line up is rather surprising, and there's hardly anything big for 2014 so far.

Can anyone give us the numbers that GC did this week in Japan?

Predictions for LT console sales:

PS4: 120M

XB1: 70M

WiiU: 14M

3DS: 60M

Vita: 13M

Nintendo still raping Japanese wallets. Very impressive for both Wii U and 3DS.

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

ryuzaki57 said:
3DS is definitely beginning its decline though. Not beating last year's LTD with this year's line up is rather surprising, and there's hardly anything big for 2014 so far.

There's a couple big games coming out next year so wat are you talking about?. Nothing as big as pokemon/MH but there are still big games that'll sell 200k+ easily! Also this time last year we didn't know alot of games that come out intill much later (Ex: PokemonXY/Mario Luigi/ etc)

LoZ (this coming out tomorrow but sales will mostly be in 2014) and PDZ with pokemon XY will keep 2014 high in the First Quarter. Also 2DS hadnt released yet there.

As of now big games we now of are Kirby TD, Mario Party, Mario Golf, BD2, Yoshi's New Island, Game Center CX, Fossil Fighters 2, Dragon Quest terry  2, Super Smash Bros for 3DS, Theatrythym FF, Persona Q, and alot more.

Edit: Monolith Title (Maybe 2014), Possible Pokemon Z or Ruby/Sapphire Remakes, Possible MH4G, Possible Pokemon spinoff. 2014 hasn't arrived yet and nintendo could be  hiding alot of games under there belt.

tbone51 said:
ryuzaki57 said:

There's a couple big games coming out next year so wat are you talking about?. Nothing as big as pokemon/MH but there are still big games that'll sell 200k+ easily! Also this time last year we didn't know alot of games that come out intill much later (Ex: PokemonXY/Mario Luigi/ etc)

LoZ (this coming out tomorrow but sales will mostly be in 2014) and PDZ with pokemon XY will keep 2014 high in the First Quarter. Also 2DS hadnt released yet there.

As of now big games we now of are Kirby TD, Mario Party, Mario Golf, BD2, Yoshi's New Island, Game Center CX, Fossil Fighters 2, Dragon Quest terry  2, Super Smash Bros for 3DS, Theatrythym FF, Persona Q, and alot more.

Can 200K games, which are mostly rehashes and sequels, move many systems at this point?