By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PSN is down, on Christmas Eve

r3tr0gam3r1337 said:
oh god another stupid thread, i had no problems at all connecting to and playing on PSN, this thread to me is like flamebait, the only person having issues is the guy who created the thread, odd that!.

Happens more often than you think.....

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=173335&page=

Around the Network
r3tr0gam3r1337 said:
oh god another stupid thread, i had no problems at all connecting to and playing on PSN, this thread to me is like flamebait, the only person having issues is the guy who created the thread, odd that!.

or you could go to the playstation forums where there is:
http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-Network-Support/PSN-down-on-Christmas-EVE/m-p/42555845#U42555845

77 replies

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-Network-Support/Undergoing-maintenance-E-820001F7/m-p/42558603#U42558603
57 replies

I only looked this up because I wanted to play hotshots golf vita online and it kept saying cannot connect to internet. I cycled everything and double checked all the settings....so I googled "is psn down". Turns out, it was. "Some users are reporting connection issues. THe problem is being investigated".

Check it, I own a vita...this is not flamebait. I'm a true sony fan....bought it on launch day too, the expensive 3g version. Care for a picture of it?

r3tr0gam3r1337 said:

TheProf is one of the bigger sony fans on this site.....

Anyways i havent tried getting on PSN since i havent been home but my step brother was playing The Last of Us last night before he started playing Max: The Curse of Brotherhood.  Im not sure if he was online or not but he didnt say anything so i assume he was.

You expect anything different? Paying for online isn't going to make Sony upgrade the online servers this generation.

tuscaniman99 said:
You expect anything different? Paying for online isn't going to make Sony upgrade the online servers this generation.

I expect something different, and so do many other users. Is it foolish for us to believe that the online servers will become more better since we are paying for online?

Around the Network
Logico15 said:
tuscaniman99 said:

I expect something different, and so do many other users. Is it foolish for us to believe that the online servers will become more better since we are paying for online?

Yes

Every online service was having trouble today. PSN, steam, live and eshop

tuscaniman99 said:

You really don't have a clue, as you've never used it. PSN has been fantastic for the better have of ps3 life and even better now that we have the ps4.  The only time PSN was down for me and my friends was day one. Big deal. 

PSN has been perfect, bought stuff today, added funds using PSN cards, been playing all day.

I am Torgo, I take care of the place while the master is away.

"Hes the clown that makes the dark side fun.. Torgo!"

Ha.. i won my bet, but i wasnt around to gloat because im on a better forum!  See ya guys on Viz

Has had issues ever since ps4 launched. My buddies service has been problematic, He owns both consoles. Bought ghost on ps4 first, due to earlier release, Went out and bought it again on xbox one, due to PSN. He's not very happy with the service. I have had no issue with Xbox live. Absolutely smooth. The first time I played my buddy, He kept saying how smooth it was, how nice it was running compared to PSN.

All anecdotal evidence but true.