By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Video games blamed for latest School shooting (what a surprise........)

^if Jack Thompson saw that.....OWNED. Except he did keep referencing some event in Germany, where the guy trained on CounterstrikeHalfLife. But, once again, cherrypicking

Around the Network

Last time I checked, bullets don't go flying out of game cartidges, discs, cases, or screens.

They do come out of guns. So why not blame guns? Derh!

That guy is barking up the wrong tree. 

@Chrizum: Because the United States has a poorly worded second amendment that every gun toting nut job thinks it has something to do with self defense. Yes against tyranny, not from each other. 

I blame Wii Fit.

Those damned Wii players trying to kill people with Wii remotes only to hit their TVs now taking the Violence they get from Wii Play's duck hunt... I mean Target Practice game out on real people!! When will it end!

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

I guess all mediums have to go through these periods of censorship and negativity, but hopefully it'll stop. I don't know if it will though, because video games are more kid-centric, so older people who know nothing about the medium (God forbid they actually PLAY a game before criticizing them) attack it for no reason. Kid's can tell the difference between ridiculous crap they see in games, movies, books and real life. If they can't, they have some other problem, most likely a lack of parenting.

Around the Network

Wait, there's no information on whether the shooter was a gamer?

What a fucking douche bag that Thompson is, same to Fox.

SamuelRSmith said:
Are there any stats on Fox News? Like marketshare and the such. Because I'd hate it if FN had the majority.

Why can't these stations be more like BBC, or ITV?

I think Fox News has the highest number of viewers in the U.S., unless things have changed recently.

I used to like them around the turn of the century, but they've become a little too sensationalist lately.

Did they actually say he was a "school shooting expert"? 

Yea, calling Thompson a "School Shooting Expert" caps it for me. I used to have the Fox News website in my rotation of places I would check from time to time for news. That is the last time I check there for anything. I also wrote an email to both the website and the news channel stating my complaints.

Thank god for the disable signatures option.

Ugh, after reading some of the article on BBC News' site. The killer was (keyword: WAS) an outstanding student and the reason he unexpectingly snapped and killed people was probably because of the meds he hasn't taken in a while. It's a shamed on how this happened. I kinda feel bad for the killer too, even if he did something completely unforgivable.

...And yet Jack Thompson acts like he knows what he's doing and claims the kid was just a violent student who only plays violent video games. He's only using this tradegy as an advtange to get have credit and have his name spread. Fuck you, Thompson you disgusting bastard, you've crossed the line too many times and this one is just a new low.

Seriously, someone should arrest this bastard.

Excuse my cursing, I just feel very disgusted at this bullcrap now. VERY disgusted.

I heard that it was b.c he was NOT taking some medication for the past few weeks...
He was acting weridly.

Maybe gaming does have some impact though...

Mostly COD4 and Halo 3