By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Wii U vs PS4 vs XOne - First Weeks

As you can see, I've already updated the charts according to the VG Chartz numbers recently published.

Xbox One has just surpassed PS4 (in USA) in the 4th week. I see no other reason for this greater pace of the XOne but the stock issues of both consoles that might be affecting more the PS4. After all, within 4 weeks nothing has changed (no new announcements about games, accessories or console features). Or were the PS4 sales more front-loaded due to greater hype? What do you think?

Prediction made in 14/01/2014 for 31/12/2020:      PS4: 100M      XOne: 70M      WiiU: 25M

Prediction made in 01/04/2016 for 31/12/2020:      PS4: 100M      XOne: 50M      WiiU: 18M

Prediction made in 15/04/2017 for 31/12/2020:      PS4: 90M      XOne: 40M      WiiU: 15M      Switch: 20M

Prediction made in 24/03/2018 for 31/12/2020:      PS4: 110M      XOne: 50M      WiiU: 14M      Switch: 65M

Around the Network

Nice work Zod! Will be interesting to see the first 20~ weeks.

AZWification said:

I think Wii U will   win in Japan.. PS4 will come close  though.. Meanwhile  the Xbox One will bomb like evry MS console in Japan... History will simply repeat itself.

Wii u will not win japan.....

mM
Seece said:
Nice work Zod! Will be interesting to see the first 20~ weeks.

Why do you say that? Is there anything special / relevant about the 20-week time frame?

Personally, I'm more interested about the first year (52 weeks). That should give us a clear perspective about the different performances of the 3 consoles.

Prediction made in 14/01/2014 for 31/12/2020:      PS4: 100M      XOne: 70M      WiiU: 25M

Prediction made in 01/04/2016 for 31/12/2020:      PS4: 100M      XOne: 50M      WiiU: 18M

Prediction made in 15/04/2017 for 31/12/2020:      PS4: 90M      XOne: 40M      WiiU: 15M      Switch: 20M

Prediction made in 24/03/2018 for 31/12/2020:      PS4: 110M      XOne: 50M      WiiU: 14M      Switch: 65M

leo-j said:
AZWification said:

I think Wii U will   win in Japan.. PS4 will come close  though.. Meanwhile  the Xbox One will bomb like evry MS console in Japan... History will simply repeat itself.

Wii u will not win japan.....

He obviously means in the few weeks before PS4 launches

Around the Network

While Titanfall is probably going to be the better game, the Xbox One will sell better in the US when Halo releases. With the release of Halo in 2014, I expect the Xbox One to overtake the PS4 in the US, but as much as Halo 4 sold at the end of the gen, once the PS4 starts coming out with more exclusives, US might be taken back over by PS4. I think US will be eventually taken over by PS4 but for atleast the first year might be between 45/50-50/50 in favor of Xbox One.

The Halo fanbase is pretty much 1/8.8 of the 360 sales.  Those other users may or may not be swayed towards the PS4 being a more powerful and cheaper device.

AZWification said:

PS3 14,845
Wii U 14,020

imagine what the force of nature PS4 will do to it, if its old ass bro can still do that.

BeElite said:
AZWification said:

PS3 14,845
Wii U 14,020

imagine what the force of nature PS4 will do to it, if its old ass bro can still do that.

Thank you for bringing out a comment that is almost a month old. :D

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

AZWification said:
BeElite said:
AZWification said:

PS3 14,845
Wii U 14,020

Thank you for bringing out a comemnt that is almost a month old. :D

and even more wrong then before.

Welfare said:
Didn't the XOne launch in fewer European countries? I'm not saying it would cause a massive boost in sales, but Xbox isn't in all the territories Sony and Nintendo are in.

I keep hearing this.

Why do you think Microsoft didnt release on these countries? Not enough demand. 

You can consider these countries as part of Sony land, especially cause the PS4 is already out there with no competition. X1 has no chance on those countries anymore.