By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Is PS4 CPU is better than Xbone CPU?

selnor1983 said:
Xenostar said:
selnor1983 said:
Xenostar said:
selnor1983 said:
Noone cares anymore. The games are out and the OS are being used.

So far

Xbox One has the best graphics at launch and is the only console that can do true multitasking and snapping.

So far.

You think because Ryse has arguably the best graphics that cancels out all other games having the best graphics on PS4
LOL

I keep hearing this, but I have no proof on the screen. There in lies the problem.

What are you talking about? You want proof that most games run in either higer resolution, higher frame rate and or with better or extra effects?   

If you cant find that proof on the internet yourself, you either havent looked or your clearly in major denial. 

Either way you argue Black is White about everything X1 and PS4 everyday so im not going to continue this descussion as i know it wont go anywhere good. 

Oh you mean where the developers have clearly stated its to do with the SDK not being nearly as finalised as Sony's? Nothing to do with the hardware.

Crytek clearly showing whats possible even with poor SDK. After playing alot of Ryse, seeing Killzone after shows low res textures, badly animated characters, less enemies onscreen and less effects. In fact the city scape was the only real impressive thing in Killzone. The close in stuff looked pretty low res. Well in comparison to Ryse. And Ryse has a couple of levels with huge draw distance also. Showing it has a massive scale to.

But hey its all opinion bruv so..... I guess we should leave it. :)

Offtopic: All your responses etc are really biased. I think we need to start a forum topic to make a choice in voting you for King Xbox!
I have a question for you, can you please proof Ryse is graphically much better then Killzone Shadow Falls? This because I think they both are graphical great games  (gameplay and bugs are not really very good of both games) both on different aspects. Ryse especially on the face details and movement of the characters are very detailed imo but I wouldn't expect differntly for such a CGI game with not really open world and low frame rate, Killzone Shadow falls facial details are still very good (not as detailed as Ryse, but still very good) and if you consider the world is partial open world(not completely, but more free roaming space then you have with Ryse) and has a very stable high frame rate, with very detailed enviroments. Both have shown pretty well what is possible with this next gen, but are both midcore games IMO!

On topic: Maybe I missed something but I can't remember if the CPU of PS4 is official confirmed so going on the rumors I can only take the following in account:
PS4 CPU: 1,6Ghz and Xbox one CPU: 1,75Ghz

Around the Network
globalisateur said:
About the subject at hand...

I agree that's it is not very interesting to compare one i7 with a jaguar (how many cores or worse for i7, if one thread is used, what frequency the i7 is set? etc.)

But comparing PS4 with X1 is rather fair I think. They must have taken the same settings whether it would be: one core (thread), one whole usable CPU. Why would have they taken different settings between next gen?

So we can safely conclude that in this algorithm compression test, PS4 is slightly better. But because the jaguars are totally identical and that the test focuses on pure CPU's fpu and not bandwidth, we can conclude that PS4 CPU is stronger.

But why haven't we heard about such a significant overclocking it it was the case?

I still find those results surprising because I was convinced (as most people) that X1 had a stronger CPU. This would help to explain the significant advantage of PS4 with BF4 (when the game works of course) because devs said the game is heavy on the CPU. The 44% resolution advantage + 10fps advantage for PS4 is more easily explained now.

That's a whole lot of text baes on one graph :) I really wouldn't read that much into it until we know more about this "test". Again, especially the comparison with the i7 seems off and odd, it should run circles around PS4's core. We have no information on devkit-revision, environment testing and what this test also relies on (memory bandwidth, cpu clock, float<->int...).

What a ridiculous thing to have a discussion over. A CPU is not the bottleneck in a console. It is the absolute farthest things from a bottleneck. CPU's are fast, and they almost never get used fully. 99/100 times you won't see a difference in performance if you upgrade your CPU.

The CPU is the thing which performs calculations, but the bottleneck is bringing things TO THE CPU!!! Thus, things like memory, cache, solid state drives, system bus, and etc, ALL OF THOSE are designed with the sole purpose of bringing things to the CPU faster.

They pretty much hit the ceiling with CPU usage last gen. It's a non-issue this gen.

selnor1983 said:

I know that. Your being padantic.

Do you realise Corrine worked at Gearbox before? Interestingly Gearbox have never had a uber oh my god Graphical game.

Your trying to find something that isnt there.

When Halo 5 blows Killzone Shadowfall away in visuals and scale, I'll remeber this conversation.

So you know the 343 i guys do you? Ill ask them if you introduce me.

I might ask Corrine how she made Brothers In arms HH the best visuals in the world. That game which she designed blew the hell out of Uncharted 2.

A couple things here.

1. How does a game releasing maybe a year after a console launch possibly (yes possibly cause all you're doing here is guessing) looking better than a launch game prove anything, again? I mean Gears 1 looked substantially better than Resistance, did that suddenly mean that nothing on PS3 would ever top a 360 game again?

2. Why the hell are you trying to downplay Corrinne Yu's role so much? This is just ridiculous, with comments like Brothers in Arms and Broderlands never won graphics awards, look at how many games Gearbox put out during that time and compare it to 343i's output, that is not even mentioning how Borderlands was going for a distinct artstyle and not uber highend graphics. Fact is Yu developed Halo 4s lighting engine which played a huge role in it looking as good as it did.

3. Explain to me, how Halo 5 is going to blow everything on PS4 out of the water, if Halo 4, while arguably being able to compete, was still in the general opinion being topped by several PS3 titles? When on 360 multiplats often looked, albeit slightly, better than on PS3, showing how difficult the PS3 was to develop for, while on PS4/XB1 multiplats from the start mostly look better on PS4 thus meaning the PS4 is alot easier to develop for? When Corrinne Yu, which played a huge role in Halo 4s graphics, now works for Naughty Dog a studio that is famous for pushing the limit on graphics?

Last gen you had the 360 that was alot easier than the PS3 to develop for, which was not that much weaker than the PS3 and still PS3 exclusives came out on top graphics wise at the end of the generation.

This gen you have a PS4 that is alot easier to develop for and also stronger than the X1 and you expect the outcome to be the other way round?

Can't we just agree to both ban selnor and ethomaz with their stupid constant dick measuring thread derailing bullshit. So the other people can have a nice, mature discussion. Sigh

Around the Network
maximrace said:
Can't we just agree to both ban selnor and ethomaz with their stupid constant dick measuring thread derailing bullshit. So the other people can have a nice, mature discussion. Sigh

I agree all in favour say Aye

DarkD said:
What a ridiculous thing to have a discussion over. A CPU is not the bottleneck in a console. It is the absolute farthest things from a bottleneck. CPU's are fast, and they almost never get used fully. 99/100 times you won't see a difference in performance if you upgrade your CPU.

The CPU is the thing which performs calculations, but the bottleneck is bringing things TO THE CPU!!! Thus, things like memory, cache, solid state drives, system bus, and etc, ALL OF THOSE are designed with the sole purpose of bringing things to the CPU faster.

They pretty much hit the ceiling with CPU usage last gen. It's a non-issue this gen.

Except not. CPU is incredibly important in a gaming environment.

That's almost 50% difference in frame-rate there with the same graphics card when using a better processor. The AMD rig even loses to much less powerful cards thanks to the underpowered CPU. Considering PS4/XOne CPU isn't anywhere near a A10-5750M/4600M, I can barely imagine how much it's bottlenecking the graphics card in those new consoles.

IT could be that this benchmark is more dependant on memory bandwidth?

Other than the memory architecture, the CPU cores are the same, comparing their respective performance is affected by either memory speed or clock speed (2ghz compared to 1.6 is not extreme, they will scale to it no problem).

Surely, that benchmark reflect one of many systems running in a game engine, but in closed systems we rarely have a chance to directly compare a very specific aspect of performance, one that is dependant on only one aspect... lo and behold, the single that was until now though to have been the single performance point where the xb1 could have topped the PS4! this is certainly worth a conversation, without mudding it in other aspects of system performance... or should everyone shut up about it not to embarass the XB1 buyers/warriors?

ViktorBKK said:

Both CPUs are kinda crap. XBone hardware is crap entirely.

~ Mod edit ~

This user was warned by TruckOSaurus for this post.

Why warned? Xbox One has a tablet CPU, low bandwidth system memory and a GPU with 128bit bus and only 16 ROPS. This has been discussed over and over on the forum. I guess I should have elaborated a bit. But I have done so in other posts on multiple occasions. It's not like I offended another person. We are talking about an object.

NYCrysis said:
selnor1983 said:

I need proof. So far Ryse blew me and others away. Killzone didnt really do that. Maybe I should have played KZ first.

I fully expect 343i and Halo 5 to blow KZ away visually. And show us just how amazing a shooter with an open battlefield can look. 343i are gonna make Halo 5 look absolutely astounding. Especially considering what they achieved with Halo 4 on Xbox 360.

First of all there is nothing on xb1 that looks and is technically as good as infamous 2nd son. The physics, particle effects, animations, open world game play, lighting all look unrivaled and destroys anything coming on xb1. Add to the fact that it's a near launch title, I don't think xb1 can catch up ever.

2nd of all regarding halo and 343i; the person who made halo as graphically as good on 360 now works for naughty dog and even before her naughty dog was unrivaled in the console graphics category good luck to Halo ONE trying to get even close to Uncharted 4.

Also quantic dream's (ps exclusive dev) animations destroy anything shown on xbox. Beyond 2 souls animations are unrivaled. QD's PS4 e3 demo is also unrivaled. Nothing compared to it on xb1.

Infamous isn't out yet so how do you know?