By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Is PS4 CPU is better than Xbone CPU?

Sal.Paradise said:
superchunk said:
Same CPU. One may be turned up a bit more, but they can't be "better" as they are the identical CPU.

But they aren't identical if one gives better performance. 

edit - unless there's something in the XB1 architecture bottlenecking it that isn't in PS4's 

We really don't know what they are doing. If their "clever memory shuffling" software bangs on the XBox Hypervisor, you'd get exactly the result they are showing.

Around the Network
selnor1983 said:

Since when did I mention Uncharted 4???

I thought you were saying linear games cant be compared to big open battlefields? Hence why I said Halo 5 will blow Shadowfall away. You keep moving te goalposts to fit what your saying.

Good thing orrine is finally associated with a game  that won some graphics  awards. Only took her to be paired with great developers to do so.

Hey I just tried Brothers in Arms Hells Highway. Shes a genius. Best graphics ever.

Why don't you answer some of my questions instead of, not very successfully, trying to be witty.

@Everyone I'll say this once again and no more, the benchmark at hand is obviously multithreaded otherwise the core i7 would be dominating by a factor of atleast 3x or 4x. Alot of the graphics related tasks can be claimed to embarrassingly parallel therefore it will take automatic advantage of the number of cores so it's no surprise that the low end jaguar cores from the PS4 and X1 aren't falling too behind on a core i7. As for memory setups and other things, the benchmark at hand is not dependent on memory bandwidth because texture generation speeds are in the megabytes not the gigabytes otherwise the X1 would win in this benchmark because it has 10 more GB/s in terms of CPU memory bandwidth.

As for the dick measuring contest in this thread, take it else where other than here.

ViktorBKK said:
ViktorBKK said:

Both CPUs are kinda crap. XBone hardware is crap entirely.

~ Mod edit ~

This user was warned by TruckOSaurus for this post.

Why warned? Xbox One has a tablet CPU, low bandwidth system memory and a GPU with 128bit bus and only 16 ROPS. This has been discussed over and over on the forum. I guess I should have elaborated a bit. But I have done so in other posts on multiple occasions. It's not like I offended another person. We are talking about an object.

• Do not post only that Item A sucks, or that Item B is better than Item C. Give reasons why, post links to documented problems, of screenshots, or whatever you can. Similarly, do not reply to other posters with "you're wrong", or worse, “you’re an idiot/troll/fanboy.” Explain why you disagree, and perhaps point to the correct answer.
I agree that the X1 is lacking in both bandwidth and ROPS. To do 1080p you need something on the lines of what the PS4 is featuring.

selnor1983 said:
Noone cares anymore. The games are out and the OS are being used.

So far

Xbox One has the best graphics at launch and is the only console that can do true multitasking and snapping.

So far.

Forza 5 graphics>>>>>>>>>>>any other game out on either console

Around the Network

The CPUs for all three 8th gen consoles are pretty unremarkable. It's the increases in memory and GPU functionality that will make the difference.

curl-6 said:
The CPUs for all three 8th gen consoles are pretty unremarkable. It's the increases in memory and GPU functionality that will make the difference.

Agreed.

PS4 is superior over the xbone from whatever angle you see it, period!!.

Oh WAIT!!! I'm wrong xbone beats the PS4 in something I just remember and is ..... the price!!! :D

petroleo said:
PS4 is superior over the xbone from whatever angle you see it, period!!.

Oh WAIT!!! I'm wrong xbone beats the PS4 in something I just remember and is ..... the price!!! :D

ROFLMAO. Bwahahaha.

Wow reading Selnor post and dat guy telling that Forza graphics were the best...wow, some people must have an IQ even lower than 1.75...Or just denial at its best.

Sure it sucks paying 100$ more for being inferior everywhere but for snapping to tv on a gaming console

Moderated,

-Mr Khan

RIP ps3, xbox360.

welcome home ps4 and X1