By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Is PS4 CPU is better than Xbone CPU?

ethomaz said:

A dev in GAF said.

"Yes, you can get more out of the PS4's CPU than you can the Xbox's."

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=94264594

Well he didn't say if PS4's CPU have more clock but confirms you can get more from it.

This can mean anything, especially it can mean "in combination with GDDR5 Ram you can get more from it". This, just like the benchmark, tells us nothing, sadly.

Around the Network

walsufnir said:

This can mean anything, especially it can mean "in combination with GDDR5 Ram you can get more from it". This, just like the benchmark, tells us nothing, sadly.

I agree but I guess it is more related with how much resource the OS in both system uses than clock or GDDR5 at all.

ethomaz said:

walsufnir said:

I agree but I guess it is more related with how much resource the OS in both system uses than clock or GDDR5 at all.

Yeah, it can mean also this, of course. He talks about the whole cpu and not about single core performance.

DerNebel said:
selnor1983 said:

I know that. Your being padantic.

Do you realise Corrine worked at Gearbox before? Interestingly Gearbox have never had a uber oh my god Graphical game.

Your trying to find something that isnt there.

When Halo 5 blows Killzone Shadowfall away in visuals and scale, I'll remeber this conversation.

So you know the 343 i guys do you? Ill ask them if you introduce me.

I might ask Corrine how she made Brothers In arms HH the best visuals in the world. That game which she designed blew the hell out of Uncharted 2.

A couple things here.

1. How does a game releasing maybe a year after a console launch possibly (yes possibly cause all you're doing here is guessing) looking better than a launch game prove anything, again? I mean Gears 1 looked substantially better than Resistance, did that suddenly mean that nothing on PS3 would ever top a 360 game again?

2. Why the hell are you trying to downplay Corrinne Yu's role so much? This is just ridiculous, with comments like Brothers in Arms and Broderlands never won graphics awards, look at how many games Gearbox put out during that time and compare it to 343i's output, that is not even mentioning how Borderlands was going for a distinct artstyle and not uber highend graphics. Fact is Yu developed Halo 4s lighting engine which played a huge role in it looking as good as it did.

3. Explain to me, how Halo 5 is going to blow everything on PS4 out of the water, if Halo 4, while arguably being able to compete, was still in the general opinion being topped by several PS3 titles? When on 360 multiplats often looked, albeit slightly, better than on PS3, showing how difficult the PS3 was to develop for, while on PS4/XB1 multiplats from the start mostly look better on PS4 thus meaning the PS4 is alot easier to develop for? When Corrinne Yu, which played a huge role in Halo 4s graphics, now works for Naughty Dog a studio that is famous for pushing the limit on graphics?

Last gen you had the 360 that was alot easier than the PS3 to develop for, which was not that much weaker than the PS3 and still PS3 exclusives came out on top graphics wise at the end of the generation.

This gen you have a PS4 that is alot easier to develop for and also stronger than the X1 and you expect the outcome to be the other way round?

Trying to be witty? I was pointing out the flawed goalposts movement going on.

As for your post. Its really simple to answer.

1stly nothing you say is going to change mine or others opinions. Ryse looks the best to us out of the 2 consoles so far. Even PC players on this very forum say its some of the most impressive visuals they have seen. They do follow up with obviously the PC will do much better with PC exclusives soon.

Why do I mention this?

You say PS4 is not only easier to develop for but also more powerful. On top of that we know for a fact that Microsoft are behind on the SDK for Xbox One in comparison to PS4 as Developers such as Treyarch and Dice have confirmed.

So with that said why does Shadowfall not completely and utterly destroy Ryse in visuals with the formentioned things currently in play?

Until I see fruits of the easier to develop/more powerful PS4 showing better graphics its all hot air and smoke screen. Because at launch the harder to develop for and weaker Xbox One in the hands of Crytek showed IMO it can outpace the PS4 in the hands of Guirella Games.

In no way am I saying PS4 is or isnt more powerful. ( I believe its more than just raw numbers ) But as I said in my very first post, until I see something that shows me otherwise, the PS4 is not proving its got any advantage over the Xbox One.

You might say BF4 or COD is proof. But people seem to dismiss that those developers say that has to do with Xbox One SDK being much further behind PS4 than hardware. Then obviously Ryse proves a good point that even with poor SDK a good developer can still find a way.

So I'll say again, from launch and through to Xmas 2014 I see no eveidence PS4 has some graphical advantage. Until otherwise thats the current situation.

another pointless and useless thread, which end user is really bothered about which CPU/console is running faster, just play your games and quit this stupid crap.

Current PC build:

Asus Z97I-Plus, i5 4790K @ 4.6ghz, EVGA GTX 980 ACX 2.0 1377/1853/124%, Corsair Vengence Pro 2400mhz 2x 8192mb, Corsair RM850, Corsair H80i, 120GB OCZ Vertex 3 SSD, 750GB Seagate Momentus XT SSHD, 320GB Weston Digital HDD, Corsair 230T, Corsair K50 Raptor, HP XQ500AA mouse, Windows 10 Pro 64bit. iiyama Pro Lite G2773HS 120Hz 1Ms G2G gaming monitor.

Around the Network

There is so much difference between them the PS4 is better by MILES, everyone knows that.

existenz4 said:

There is so much difference between them the PS4 is better by MILES, everyone knows that.

and the stupidity contiues.

Current PC build:

Asus Z97I-Plus, i5 4790K @ 4.6ghz, EVGA GTX 980 ACX 2.0 1377/1853/124%, Corsair Vengence Pro 2400mhz 2x 8192mb, Corsair RM850, Corsair H80i, 120GB OCZ Vertex 3 SSD, 750GB Seagate Momentus XT SSHD, 320GB Weston Digital HDD, Corsair 230T, Corsair K50 Raptor, HP XQ500AA mouse, Windows 10 Pro 64bit. iiyama Pro Lite G2773HS 120Hz 1Ms G2G gaming monitor.

selnor1983 said:
DerNebel said:
selnor1983 said:

Do you realise Corrine worked at Gearbox before? Interestingly Gearbox have never had a uber oh my god Graphical game.

When Halo 5 blows Killzone Shadowfall away in visuals and scale, I'll remeber this conversation.

I might ask Corrine how she made Brothers In arms HH the best visuals in the world. That game which she designed blew the hell out of Uncharted 2.

A couple things here.

1. How does a game releasing maybe a year after a console launch possibly (yes possibly cause all you're doing here is guessing) looking better than a launch game prove anything, again? I mean Gears 1 looked substantially better than Resistance, did that suddenly mean that nothing on PS3 would ever top a 360 game again?

2. Why the hell are you trying to downplay Corrinne Yu's role so much? This is just ridiculous, with comments like Brothers in Arms and Broderlands never won graphics awards, look at how many games Gearbox put out during that time and compare it to 343i's output, that is not even mentioning how Borderlands was going for a distinct artstyle and not uber highend graphics. Fact is Yu developed Halo 4s lighting engine which played a huge role in it looking as good as it did.

3. Explain to me, how Halo 5 is going to blow everything on PS4 out of the water, if Halo 4, while arguably being able to compete, was still in the general opinion being topped by several PS3 titles? When on 360 multiplats often looked, albeit slightly, better than on PS3, showing how difficult the PS3 was to develop for, while on PS4/XB1 multiplats from the start mostly look better on PS4 thus meaning the PS4 is alot easier to develop for? When Corrinne Yu, which played a huge role in Halo 4s graphics, now works for Naughty Dog a studio that is famous for pushing the limit on graphics?

Last gen you had the 360 that was alot easier than the PS3 to develop for, which was not that much weaker than the PS3 and still PS3 exclusives came out on top graphics wise at the end of the generation.

This gen you have a PS4 that is alot easier to develop for and also stronger than the X1 and you expect the outcome to be the other way round?

1stly nothing you say is going to change mine or others opinions. Ryse looks the best to us out of the 2 consoles so far. Even PC players on this very forum say its some of the most impressive visuals they have seen. They do follow up with obviously the PC will do much better with PC exclusives soon.

Why do I mention this?

You say PS4 is not only easier to develop for but also more powerful. On top of that we know for a fact that Microsoft are behind on the SDK for Xbox One in comparison to PS4 as Developers such as Treyarch and Dice have confirmed.

So with that said why does Shadowfall not completely and utterly destroy Ryse in visuals with the formentioned things currently in play?

Until I see fruits of the easier to develop/more powerful PS4 showing better graphics its all hot air and smoke screen. Because at launch the harder to develop for and weaker Xbox One in the hands of Crytek showed IMO it can outpace the PS4 in the hands of Guirella Games.

In no way am I saying PS4 is or isnt more powerful. ( I believe its more than just raw numbers ) But as I said in my very first post, until I see something that shows me otherwise, the PS4 is not proving its got any advantage over the Xbox One.

You might say BF4 or COD is proof. But people seem to dismiss that those developers say that has to do with Xbox One SDK being much further behind PS4 than hardware. Then obviously Ryse proves a good point that even with poor SDK a good developer can still find a way.

So I'll say again, from launch and through to Xmas 2014 I see no eveidence PS4 has some graphical advantage. Until otherwise thats the current situation.

Rye is looking great but its 900p and has frame rate issues which digital foundry revelead, wheras Killzone is 1080P with consistent frame rate better than Ryse. Also Crytek is known for making great looking games as they have skills and technology they invented but poor gameplay, but the Ryse was in development for long time as a Xbox360 title so they had very good amount of time.

Xbox one is capable of providing good visuals like PS4 but it might sacrifice resolution/frame rate for this usually in multi plats like we seen even at the beginnig and it will get bigger in future and its time consuming for developers to optimize for xbox one but its easy for them to develop for PS4 as they have more raw power and unified memory bandwidth. So, PS4 will shine in better multi plats with higher resolutions and can make better detailed exclusives compared to xbox one as it has more power and also Sonys frist party studios like Naughty Dog, Santa Monica, Sucker puch, GG and Second party Quantic dream etc.,

GAMING is not about spending hours to pass/waste our time just for fun,

its a Feeling/Experience about a VIRTUAL WORLD we can never be in real, and realizing some of our dreams (also creating new ones).

So, Feel Emotions, Experience Adventure/Action, Challenge Game, Solve puzzles and Have fun.

PlayStation is about all-round "New experiences" using new IP's to provide great diversity for everyone.

Xbox is always about Online and Shooting.

Nintendo is always about Fun games and milking IP's.

biglittlesps said:
selnor1983 said:
DerNebel said:
selnor1983 said:

A couple things here.

Why do I mention this?

Rye is looking great but its 900p and has frame rate issues which digital foundry revelead, wheras Killzone is 1080P with consistent frame rate better than Ryse. Also Crytek is known for making great looking games as they have skills and technology they invented but poor gameplay, but the Ryse was in development for long time as a Xbox360 title so they had very good amount of time.

Xbox one is capable of providing good visuals like PS4 but it might sacrifice resolution/frame rate for this usually in multi plats like we seen even at the beginnig and it will get bigger in future and its time consuming for developers to optimize for xbox one but its easy for them to develop for PS4 as they have more raw power and unified memory bandwidth. So, PS4 will shine in better multi plats with higher resolutions and can make better detailed exclusives compared to xbox one as it has more power and also Sonys frist party studios like Naughty Dog, Santa Monica, Sucker puch, GG and Second party Quantic dram etc.,

I hear you.

But im sure if Crytek dropped the textures, lighting, character detail, animations etc to that of Killzone it wous also be 1080p/ 60fps.

I guess we will have to wait to compare Halo5 to Shadowfall. Same type of game open battlefields, and Halo 5 will undoubtedly be 1080p/60fps.

selnor1983 said:

Why do I mention this?

So you just ignore 2/3 of my questions and answer the last by once again arguing with the opinion that Ryse is technically superior to Killzone.