By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Zelda U!? No its Hyrule Warriors! It Looks Amazing! OMG!!!

I never played a dynasty warrio game but they always seemed fun. The inclusion of my favorite franchise into the genre will help me jump into it.

It looks really fun, I hope we get to play as Sheik aswell.

As I've never played a dynasty warrior game I have a few questions, does these games usualy have a deep story or are they just a bunch of levels one after the other with more and new ennemies every time? Also I think these games tend to have more thane one playable character, no? Cause I could really see Sheik in this kind of game, would'nt mind seeing Zelda or Ganondorf as playable characters aswell.

What?! I can't hear you over all this awsome! - Pyrrhon (Kid Icarus:Uprising)

Final Ultimate Legendary Earth Power Super Max Justice Future Miracle Dream Beautiful Galaxy Big Bang Little Bang Sunrise Starlight Infinite Fabulous Totally Final Wonderful Arrow...FIRE! - Wonder-Red (The Wonderful101)

Around the Network

I might buy a Wii U for this. I would prefer if they just brought over Orochi 2 ultimate already.

Kresnik said:
It seems we have a lot more musou fans on VGChartz than I realised! 

I suspect quite a few of these fans didn't realize it either until they saw this announcement ...

Regardless, as I've been saying for awhile, Nintendo needs more diversity, they need more genres on their system, and this seems as good a place as any to start.  It's a pretty good idea.  

Blood_Tears said:
I wonder how this will sell in the west?

If Link's Crossbow Training sold almost 5 million copies I think this could sell very well.

Nintendo and PC gamer

Metrium said:
I never played a dynasty warrio game but they always seemed fun. The inclusion of my favorite franchise into the genre will help me jump into it.

It looks really fun, I hope we get to play as Sheik aswell.

As I've never played a dynasty warrior game I have a few questions, does these games usualy have a deep story or are they just a bunch of levels one after the other with more and new ennemies every time? Also I think these games tend to have more thane one playable character, no? Cause I could really see Sheik in this kind of game, would'nt mind seeing Zelda or Ganondorf as playable characters aswell.

The quality of the story depends on the game. Some were very good. Musou Orochi 2 Ultimate has 145 playable characters. Dynasty Warriors 8 XL has 82.

Around the Network
pokoko said:
Kresnik said:

I suspect quite a few of these fans didn't realize it either until they saw this announcement ...

Regardless, as I've been saying for awhile, Nintendo needs more diversity, they need more genres on their system, and this seems as good a place as any to start.  It's a pretty good idea.  

really? it was pretty obvious! I liked One Piece for PS3 but of course i guess since its wat you like in a way! im excited for it :P (at first though i was like WTH is this but after 30 secs it was pretty clear imo)

This is probably an appetizer for Zelda U like Windwaker HD. And as a Zelda fan, I will gladly consider buying this.

pezus said:

Well it's more like the whole video is running at a weirdly low framerate. Maybe it's the video itself.

But some noticeable drops happen around 0:30 with multiple enemies on screen. Also when the monster rolls at link.

Who is making this game? An internal Nintendo team?

Need to re-watch the trailer on a my home PC. Looking at it on the phone doesn't help.

The same guys who make the Dynasty Warrior series. This is just one more of those 3rd party partnerships Nintendo keeps talking about, like with Sega and Platinum Games.

Nintendo and PC gamer

Lafiel said:
Kresnik said:

I wonder if this will stop the downturn in the genre that we've seen lately by selling to a different fanbase (i.e. Zelda fans). The usual fanbase seems to have gotten a little tired of being bombarded with releases over the past year.

Just getting into this genre now so if you haven't played one before, they can be a lot of fun.

Hm, I personally enjoyed Bladestorm quite a bit, but the DW demos I played never seemed fun to me.

Bladestorm was more of a Kessen game than a musou game.

Very unexpected. I like the idea of Zelda with more action. Kinda neat.