By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - IGN calls Vgchartz bull

That's ok, our boy Pachter gave us props a month or so back. Pachter > IGN

I LOVE paying for Xbox Live! I also love that my love for it pisses off so many people.

Around the Network

IGN sucks. VGC is a good place to talk about sales. Not a good one to get them.

TThey are right.

VGCz sales numbers have quite a bit of error in them.

...but our community kicks IGN's ass.

you can't spell ign without ignorant

must-have-list for platforms i don't own yet:

WiiU: Donkey Kong

XBone: Dead Rising 3, Ryse

Around the Network

I don't really understand how anyone can doubt Vgchartz numbers, because only way you can get some sale information is from big 3 or NPD to compare and then go "bull".

Take my love, take my land..

Probably talking about the phone numbers in that one thread.

ethomaz said:

I can't say I disagree...

VGC is a estimate site... so only the companies have the real and reliable numbers.

But one things that makes the VGC estimate close to real numbers are the frequents adjustments... so if you look at the BF weeks numbers I'm sure they will be wrong for at least some weeks but when the time got passed the numbers starts to be more accurate.

Eg.

BF 2012 is more accurate today than BF 2013.

And for a estimate site the number are good for hardware but not so much for software.

The wrong are the people that thinks in VGC like a tracker site... it is not... it is a estimate site.

The numbers here are accurate when you consider weekly sales.  It's just that being off by a little bit weekly makes numbers really off down the line.

They were a little rude about the matter but it's still a half truth. VGChartz has estimates and they ARE always wrong which is why they adjust and adjust and adjust until actual numbers come out.

darkknightkryta said:
ethomaz said:

I can't say I disagree...

VGC is a estimate site... so only the companies have the real and reliable numbers.

But one things that makes the VGC estimate close to real numbers are the frequents adjustments... so if you look at the BF weeks numbers I'm sure they will be wrong for at least some weeks but when the time got passed the numbers starts to be more accurate.

Eg.

BF 2012 is more accurate today than BF 2013.

And for a estimate site the number are good for hardware but not so much for software.

The wrong are the people that thinks in VGC like a tracker site... it is not... it is a estimate site.

The numbers here are accurate when you consider weekly sales.  It's just that being off by a little bit weekly makes numbers really off down the line.

Its really off for some games, dunno if GoW3 was fixed or not but it was undertracked despite official numbers. Usually after official numbers are out vgc adjustments reflect on that. And I wonder how vgc tracked cancelled games(A:CM WiiU) or unreleased games (EA Live PS4 version for the week of nov 15).

I also doubt Fifa sold such a small amount during the PS1/ early PS2 days. It was crazy popular back then and it is still crazy popular right now.