By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - US Pre-order chart December 14th. Titanfall passes up Destiny XOne.

The Fury said:
jlmurph2 said:
The Fury said:

I find pre-orders weird. Are there really more Xbox One owners who want Titanfall than Xbox 360 owners want Titanfall? Or maybe it's just a case that those people who are likely to pre-order a game at all, are also likely to pre-order a console.

You think people WANT the noticably weakest version of a blockbuster? Plus, it'll never be advertised FOR the 360 or PC on TV, its going to sell Xbox Ones.

You think people can AFFORD the noticably stronger console and version of a blockbuster for that console? Strongest version will be on the PC. :) Gamers know this and gamers are also the ones that preorder. I understand your points but I'm still thinking 360 version of this game will sell more.

im with you, i think the 360 version will leg it out, there are simply too much 360s out there versus xones. You cant put too much stock into preorder numbers. xone will have a bigger opening and move consoles, but i think there are alot of people out there who wont spend 500 bucks to play a better version of a game they can buy for a system the own.

Around the Network
DamnTastic said:
Angelv577 said:
Looking forward for Dying light, infamous SS, Destiny, Watch Dogs and The Order. Huge games incoming for 2014.

And thief :p (and the witcher)

:p forgot about them specially the withcher.  I don't think my wallet could handle it.

pezus said:
selnor1983 said:
Titanfall will destroy every title on that list by release. And the Xbox One version alone will do that. Just watch. Especially with the incoming previews in January. Mark my words.

Titanfall will sell 1 mill + first week on Xbox One.

Titanfall will meta 95+

Titanfall will sell 6 mill + LT.

It will sell Xbox One HW especially in the US.

Titanfall will destroy Halo confirmed. Halo will sell less than 6m LT and 1mil first week confirmed

Well, actually I didnt see Halo 5. ROFL. Obviously Halo 5 will open with like 2 mill + and sell 10 mill + LT.

I would like to belive those Tales of Symphonia numbers but nearly 100k with 16 weeks left? Impossiburu!!! we're looking at 300K opening(if atleast 12000+ weekly pre-orders are mantained) I don't think a tales game has ever opened with those kinds of sales in the states...

Welfare said:
Titanfall is being heavily pushed as a Xbox One game, so I can see why it's tracking so high.

Watch Dogs is doing very good. PS4 version could be the first Next gen game to get 1 million pre-orders.

Titanfall Xone could be the next.

Why does Halo 5 have so many pre-orders?

Because it's Halo?

Around the Network
Raven722 said:
Zappykins said:
jlmurph2 said:

Uh oh, you just sent a distress beacon to all the PC elitists on this site. Run for cover.

I think they will be fine.  Many of them don't like the vibration feedback and rumble motors from what I understand.  If they would rather just point with a mouse and poke at their keyboard then nothing I can say will change their minds.  It's not for me.

It would be like a kid that lives off his mom and plays video games all day on Dr. Phil.  No amount of yelling from his step dad is going to make him change and go do something.  That's the way he wants to be.

I was a PC only gamer (in my house) for 20 years so I get it.  I just think they are missing out of the full flavor of what makes games great today.

Just out of curiosity, you do know that PC controllers with vibration feedback exist, right?

Oh, I do, just forgot about that.  Do you have any number on how often people use them? 

They could use the X1 controller, do they program it the same?

Really not sure I see any point of Consol over PC's since Kinect, Wii and other alternative ways to play have been abandoned. 

Top 50 'most fun' game list coming soon!

Tell me a funny joke!

The Fury said:

I find pre-orders weird. Are there really more Xbox One owners who want Titanfall than Xbox 360 owners want Titanfall? Or maybe it's just a case that those people who are likely to pre-order a game at all, are also likely to pre-order a console.

we havent even seen how titanfall looks on 360, thats probably why. so far we just seen the PC version. 

oniyide said:
The Fury said:

You think people can AFFORD the noticably stronger console and version of a blockbuster for that console? Strongest version will be on the PC. :) Gamers know this and gamers are also the ones that preorder. I understand your points but I'm still thinking 360 version of this game will sell more.

im with you, i think the 360 version will leg it out, there are simply too much 360s out there versus xones. You cant put too much stock into preorder numbers. xone will have a bigger opening and move consoles, but i think there are alot of people out there who wont spend 500 bucks to play a better version of a game they can buy for a system the own.

Indeed. Makes me wonder as well. If there are less Xbones than there are 360s, surely EA as the maker of the game would be more concerned over sales on 360 as that has the potential for more sales and therefore more profit. I can see MS going all out for Xbox One adverts but EA would surely want 360 ads as well.

Hmm, pie.

bananaking21 said:
The Fury said:

we havent even seen how titanfall looks on 360, thats probably why. so far we just seen the PC version. 

Has there actually been a proper gameplay trailer yet? I've only really seen the main 2 'scripted' trailers?

Hmm, pie.

pezus said:
selnor1983 said:
pezus said:
selnor1983 said:
Titanfall will destroy every title on that list by release. And the Xbox One version alone will do that. Just watch. Especially with the incoming previews in January. Mark my words.

Titanfall will sell 1 mill + first week on Xbox One.

Titanfall will meta 95+

Titanfall will sell 6 mill + LT.

It will sell Xbox One HW especially in the US.

Titanfall will destroy Halo confirmed. Halo will sell less than 6m LT and 1mil first week confirmed

Well, actually I didnt see Halo 5. ROFL. Obviously Halo 5 will open with like 2 mill + and sell 10 mill + LT.

Even then, Destiny will easily sell more across all platforms. I also think the PS4 version will outsell Titanfall X1

I dont think so. Im a Halo fan, but not that interested in Destiny. In fact I think Titanfall looks alot more fun and will take my time over Destiny.