By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - US Pre-order chart December 14th. Titanfall passes up Destiny XOne.

Zappykins said:
jlmurph2 said:
Zappykins said:
leyendax69 said:
Zappykins said:
Since Destiny has failed to come out int he spring, I have a feeling people will be canceling their Destiny orders for TitanFall. Plus Destiny will be fighting against the next Halo fairly closely. It will be interesting.

If the reviews are good, TitanFall should have great legs as people buy Xbox One's to get the best version of the game.

You mean the pc version then :P

No, absoultly not.  I disagree.

I figured someone would say this, but no, I think think the gaming experience on the PC will be inferior to that on both the 360 and the Xbox One.  The game is designed for a controller and one with active feedback.  The Xbox One's GPU is better than the vast majority of Gaming PC's in the world (according to steam's info) and playing a game with a mouse and keyboard just isn't the same experience.

The active feedback and more immersive quality on Ryse is just a touch, then definately the best TitanFall way to enjoy the game.

Uh oh, you just sent a distress beacon to all the PC elitists on this site. Run for cover.

I think they will be fine.  Many of them don't like the vibration feedback and rumble motors from what I understand.  If they would rather just point with a mouse and poke at their keyboard then nothing I can say will change their minds.  It's not for me.

It would be like a kid that lives off his mom and plays video games all day on Dr. Phil.  No amount of yelling from his step dad is going to make him change and go do something.  That's the way he wants to be.

I was a PC only gamer (in my house) for 20 years so I get it.  I just think they are missing out of the full flavor of what makes games great today.

Just out of curiosity, you do know that PC controllers with vibration feedback exist, right?

Around the Network

Is anyone else surprised to see how many pre-orders Donkey Kong U has considering it's still 10 weeks away? And it's gaining momentum pretty early it seems like. This game may sell better than 3d world...

Nice 'Tales of' preorders. In fact JRPG's in general are doing quite good. Way too many games up there without release dates for my liking though.

Dulfite said:

Is anyone else surprised to see how many pre-orders Donkey Kong U has considering it's still 10 weeks away? And it's gaining momentum pretty early it seems like. This game may sell better than 3d world...

it might have a bigger opening, but i dont expect the sales to have legs like Mario...then again 3d world is poised to be the least selling 3d mario

Huh? What's the significance here? Titanfall has 13 weeks to launch Destiny doesn't have a launch date.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Around the Network
binary solo said:
Huh? What's the significance here? Titanfall has 13 weeks to launch Destiny doesn't have a launch date.

Destiny was promised for Spring but pushed to September 9th 2014

jlmurph2 said:
binary solo said:

I didn't know that. But how is that relevant to this situation? How does it make the fact of Titanfall pre-orders overtaking Destiny this week a noteworthy event? The launch date disparity makes comparing pre-order numbers essentially meaningless.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

binary solo said:
jlmurph2 said:
binary solo said:

I didn't know that. But how is that relevant to this situation? How does it make the fact of Titanfall pre-orders overtaking Destiny this week a noteworthy event? The launch date disparity makes comparing pre-order numbers essentially meaningless.

Its relevant because Bungie convinced people to pre-order with the game with the promise that they would get the beta in Q1 and the game in spring. Titanfall is just moving up the list, that was my only purpose of noting that.

Titanfall will destroy every title on that list by release. And the Xbox One version alone will do that. Just watch. Especially with the incoming previews in January. Mark my words.

Titanfall will sell 1 mill + first week on Xbox One.

Titanfall will meta 95+

Titanfall will sell 6 mill + LT.

It will sell Xbox One HW especially in the US.

i stopped posting this summary after this gen released because i think nobody is interested.

does anybody actually care about this?

increase total
X360 39,068 450,715
PS3 61,912 692,122
3DS 26,702 100,737
(Wii) 0 0
WiiU 9,654 50,585
PS4 75,467 780,597
Xone 66,224 568,319
PSV 0 0

must-have-list for platforms i don't own yet:

WiiU: Donkey Kong