By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - X1 vs PS4 build quality

Totally agree here.

The PS4 accessories are definitely not as high a quality as XBO's.

Like you say Id definitely purchase a 3rd party HDMI for PS4. The Xbox One feels much better. I like both controllers, though the PS4 analog sticks are way to loose. Better than DS3 but still to loose. ( AND THE WRONG POSITION ).

The headset on PS4 is atrocious. Its terrible. Sorry its really bad. You think there a few people out there repeating Kinect vice commands. On PS4 headset you'll sound like a kids broken toy. SORRY MATE WHAT DID YOU SAY!. HELLO!

Also the packaging is a lot nicer on the Xbox One. Feels more premium. The consoles both feel good though. Although I prefer the media centre look of the One rather than the console gamey feel of the PS4.

Around the Network

Yeah I agree the controller aspect is preference. But IMO the XB1 controller is not as good as the 360 controller was. Dpad is still not all that great and the analog sticks don't feel natural to me. I like the feel and "weight" of the PS4 controller more than the XB1 controller. And the Dpad on the PS4 is still MUCH better than that of the XB1.

The XB1 headset is easily better than the PS4 one but to be honest anyone who had a PS3 SHOULD have already had a buletooth headset or can even use the one from their cell phone so that is not really a HUGE deal for me personally. But the XB1 headset is indeed better. HDMI cables...heh yeah it is good both consoles included them but neither is really GOOD quality if you ask me...better off getting your own for both consoles.

Lastly as for the machines themselves they are both pretty well built in my eyes. The design of the PS4 is way more "sleek" and modern if you ask me. And it has no huge power brick so that is another plus. Now the XB1 is big and sturdy also well built. I don't personally care for the design it reminds me of a VCR or something but it is still a well built machine.

All in all both are pretty good...

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

selnor1983 said:
Totally agree here.

Like you say Id definitely purchase a 3rd party HDMI for PS4. The Xbox One feels much better. I like both controllers, though the PS4 analog sticks are way to loose. Better than DS3 but still to loose. ( AND THE WRONG POSITION ).

The headset on PS4 is atrocious. Its terrible. Sorry its really bad. You think there a few people out there repeating Kinect vice commands. On PS4 headset you'll sound like a kids broken toy. SORRY MATE WHAT DID YOU SAY!. HELLO!

Also the packaging is a lot nicer on the Xbox One. Feels more premium. The consoles both feel good though. Although I prefer the media centre look of the One rather than the console gamey feel of the PS4.

always a real treat when the technically challenged make comments about quality of hdmi cables. if you pay more than $2 for a 6 foot cable, you're a sucker. there is literally no reason to waste 30 bucks on a "supremely awesome gold fiber optic magic hdmi cable"

oh and you care about packaging? looooooooooooooooooooooool

Let me guess, you like the Xbone's quality more? Yes we know already. No need to read the OP.

I personally feel like the X1 controller fits nicely in my hands because it curves perfectly. The PS4 controller pretty much feels like a rectanglular block when I'm holding it. Hopefully there's a third party Xbox style PS4 controller. I had the Xbox style PS3 controller but I forgot it at a friend's house. (X1 controller is being held at a slant because holding 2 controllers is hard lol.)

Around the Network
selnor1983 said:
Totally agree here.

Lol.

I've just come of a Xbox1 the pad feels very slippy in the hand more than ps4 the trigger feedback feels very cheap like a market stall toy

ps4 pad is better but only slightly

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

Sevengen said:
Eddie_Raja said:
Idk power bricks always felt like the opposite of "Premium" to me...

to be honest, I don't really get the power brick.. why they have one and PS4 doesn't. Maybe shell-shock from the millions they had to fork over in warranty costs last gen so this console's filled with lot's and lot's of space. 
I don't know. but, it just kinda hides behind the t.v., outta sight outta mind. 

It is the answer to your thread.

PS4 is of better build quality. That is why they have similar temperatures yet the PS4 has an internal power brick.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

bubblegamer said:

Let me guess, you like the Xbone's quality more? Yes we know already. No need to read the OP.

yet you felt the need to reply... smh.

(and then thanfully felt the need to flame on somewhere else)

Euphoria14 said:
Sevengen said:
Eddie_Raja said:
Idk power bricks always felt like the opposite of "Premium" to me...

to be honest, I don't really get the power brick.. why they have one and PS4 doesn't. Maybe shell-shock from the millions they had to fork over in warranty costs last gen so this console's filled with lot's and lot's of space. 
I don't know. but, it just kinda hides behind the t.v., outta sight outta mind. 

It is the answer to your thread.

PS4 is of better build quality. That is why they have similar temperatures yet the PS4 has an internal power brick.

the X1's power brick is definitely an eyesore if you don't bury it beneath the cords in the back of your setup, but I wouldn't go so far as to say it affects the quality of the X1 overall. It's really a non-issue, you don't hold it, communicate with it, turn if on and off.... it's just an ungainly part of the power cord. If anything it's an aesthetic concern and has nothing to do with build quality, hence, not even close to being the answer to my thread.
but since you commented on it... do you think it's also a cost saving attempt on Microsoft's part not to engineer it into the console itself?