By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - X1 vs PS4 build quality

selnor1983 said:
Totally agree here.

The PS4 accessories are definitely not as high a quality as XBO's.

Like you say Id definitely purchase a 3rd party HDMI for PS4. The Xbox One feels much better.

Why? Are you planning on having sex with the HDMI cable? Or are you onew of those who got conned in buying a $50+ HDMI cable?

Moderated,

-Mr Khan

Around the Network
Sevengen said:
Euphoria14 said:

It is the answer to your thread.

PS4 is of better build quality. That is why they have similar temperatures yet the PS4 has an internal power brick.

the X1's power brick is definitely an eyesore if you don't bury it beneath the cords in the back of your setup, but I wouldn't go so far as to say it affects the quality of the X1 overall. It's really a non-issue, you don't hold it, communicate with it, turn if on and off.... it's just an ungainly part of the power cord. If anything it's an aesthetic concern and has nothing to do with build quality, hence, not even close to being the answer to my thread.
but since you commented on it... do you think it's also a cost saving attempt on Microsoft's part not to engineer it into the console itself?

It actually has much to do with build quality. Just look at a tear down for each console and see how much Sony made use of the space available to them and how much wasted space is in the XBox One. Look at how the left little to no space and still got everything in there and kept the thing cooled well. Then consider how the XBox One can't be placed on it's side or else it could damage the console. This is not the case with the PS4, not is it the case with the PS3, XBox 360, Wii and/or WiiU.

These are all part of build quality. It isn't only to do with how it looks from the outside.

As for cost cutting, it might be, but that isn't really a positive for you the consumer.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

they both made in china it is pot luck.

Cobretti2 said:
they both made in china it is pot luck.

I think the european PS4s were made in Japan.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Only a very small amount of the European consoles were manufactured in Japan.

Around the Network
Sevengen said:
Euphoria14 said:
Sevengen said:
Eddie_Raja said:
Idk power bricks always felt like the opposite of "Premium" to me...

to be honest, I don't really get the power brick.. why they have one and PS4 doesn't. Maybe shell-shock from the millions they had to fork over in warranty costs last gen so this console's filled with lot's and lot's of space. 
I don't know. but, it just kinda hides behind the t.v., outta sight outta mind. 

PS4 is of better build quality. That is why they have similar temperatures yet the PS4 has an internal power brick.

the X1's power brick is definitely an eyesore if you don't bury it beneath the cords in the back of your setup, but I wouldn't go so far as to say it affects the quality of the X1 overall. It's really a non-issue, you don't hold it, communicate with it, turn if on and off.... it's just an ungainly part of the power cord. If anything it's an aesthetic concern and has nothing to do with build quality, hence, not even close to being the answer to my thread.
but since you commented on it... do you think it's also a cost saving attempt on Microsoft's part not to engineer it into the console itself?

It's far from a non issue, it's a big inconvenience as I use my consoles in multiple places. ps3 and ps4 only need a standard power cable and hdmi cable. The 360 is stuck in 1 location and I haven't used that for multiplats in years. I can either leave the power brick in front of the av cabinet, or dig it out everytime I want to move the console. Same with the Wii and WiiU, both stuck in the living room.

It is indicative of build quality as well, plus a well engineered integrated design will also cost less to manufacture.

Ps4 feels cheap and flimsy, just like almost every Sony product I have ever bought. I've seen the coating of DS4 analog sticks peel of in few days.

I would not touch that version of the console.

This user has been moderated for this post - axum

XboneWins said:
Ps4 feels cheap and flimsy, just like almost every Sony product I have ever bought. I've seen the coating of DS4 analog sticks peel of in few days.

I would not touch that version of the console.

Come on dude, I don't necessarily like the DS4 but it isn't cheap and flimsy.

SvennoJ said:
Sevengen said:
Euphoria14 said:
Sevengen said:
Eddie_Raja said:
Idk power bricks always felt like the opposite of "Premium" to me...

to be honest, I don't really get the power brick.. why they have one and PS4 doesn't. Maybe shell-shock from the millions they had to fork over in warranty costs last gen so this console's filled with lot's and lot's of space. 
I don't know. but, it just kinda hides behind the t.v., outta sight outta mind. 

It's far from a non issue, it's a big inconvenience as I use my consoles in multiple places. ps3 and ps4 only need a standard power cable and hdmi cable. The 360 is stuck in 1 location and I haven't used that for multiplats in years. I can either leave the power brick in front of the av cabinet, or dig it out everytime I want to move the console. Same with the Wii and WiiU, both stuck in the living room.

It is indicative of build quality as well, plus a well engineered integrated design will also cost less to manufacture.

well, I still feel it's more of a design issue than anything else, but I can see yours and Euphoria's point.

Ashadian said:
selnor1983 said:
Totally agree here.

The PS4 accessories are definitely not as high a quality as XBO's.

Like you say Id definitely purchase a 3rd party HDMI for PS4. The Xbox One feels much better.

Why? Are you planning on having sex with the HDMI cable? Or are you onew of those who got conned in buying a $50+ HDMI cable?

Ashadian.. if you've got nothing decent to add, only insults, why don't do me a favor and stop replying in here. 
This was the same problem I had with you in my last thread.
go play a game man, watch t.v. or something. 
read a book on civility.