By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Confirmed? Lowest selling year for 3DS? Who needs that 3rd year peak ...

Thoridias said:

Nintendo just announced they sold over 16 million units in 2013. Thats a HUGE increase from 2011 or 2012. Where are you getting your information because 2013 has been the highest selling eyar for the 3ds

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/3ds-sales-reach-11-5-million-in-us-alone-nintendo-calls-system-a-powerhouse/1100-6417058/

"The company sold over 16 million combined packaged and digital 3DS games last year in North America, an increase of 45 percent compared to 2012."

games, not systems.

Around the Network

Last year was it's peak year it seems then.

bubblegamer said:
Last year was it's peak year it seems then.

It seems so, unless it can pull something out of the bag this year, but it'll need to be up 1.7m - 2.7m YOY!

Also, 2011, the 3DS's first year in the US will be its peak year.

even when Nintendo outsells everything they still fall short somehow :P

MohammadBadir said:

What was their competition? Vita? Lol. PS3 and 360 were dying consoles. The 3DS beat the equivalent of a cripple and a couple of old men. Let's see how it holds up against the PS4. 

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Around the Network
Fusioncode said:
MohammadBadir said:

What was their competition? Vita? Lol. PS3 and 360 were dying consoles. The 3DS beat the equivalent of a cripple and a couple of old men. Let's see how it holds up against the PS4. 

LOL Is this a joke? 3DS will destroy PS4. 3yo console vs brand new: 3DS 756,592 PS4 465,686

Piccolo2015 said:
Fusioncode said:
MohammadBadir said:

LOL Is this a joke? 3DS will destroy PS4. 3yo console vs brand new: 3DS 756,592 PS4 465,686

Likely overtracked, besides PS4 is supply constrained, anybody can see that.

You looked at the title right? 3DS is falling. Wil end up shipping 12 - 13m this year.

Oh oops, my bad, misread the article = D

I think that until we see official data form Nintendo we wont know, but I am sure it sold mroe this year, every month was consistantly the best selling console for the U.S. and Japan, as well as a huge seller in Europe as well. They had major releases including Animal Crossing, pokemon, and Zelda. Their is no possible way that they did not sell considerably more than in 2012

Thoridias said:

I think that until we see official data form Nintendo we wont know, but I am sure it sold mroe this year, every month was consistantly the best selling console for the U.S. and Japan, as well as a huge seller in Europe as well. They had major releases including Animal Crossing, pokemon, and Zelda. Their is no possible way that they did not sell considerably more than in 2012

That was because PS360 were down more than anything, 3DS is only up in the US this year 100k~!

Also every Q this year (Q4 pending) Nintendo shipped less systems.