By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The REAL reason the Wii U is struggling and what needs to be done! Nintendo fans, get in here!!

fatslob-:O said:
enditall727 said:

Quality IS measured by reviews. Not review scores but reviews regardless of them being professional or not.

Isn't that the point of a review score ? To infer whether the game is bad or not from a review ? Is it measured by the amount of reviews ? Again your not being very specific here. 

How do you come to buy a game? You either seen a commercial, poster, or heard a friend talking about it and from those little pieces of info, you subconsciously determine if it sounds interesting to you or boring/bad. If you are on a site like ebay or at a store like Gamestop purchasing a game at the counter, it is 100% safe to say that the game appealed to you in some way shape or form.

The word of mouth from friends usually work best otherwise they won't mention it. Advertising means nothing for the most part if your game is trash. As for the rest what was the point in saying the obvious ?

You CANNOT know the quality of it just by looking at it and buying it. You will need to have PLAYED the game in order to determine if it was quality or not. After that, whatever you think of that game is pretty much your review of it.

It's true that you need to have played the game in order to know that it had quality but at the same if it had bad quality then it won't sell well in the long run because sales will drop very quickly mainly due to having no worthwhile mention. Whatever you think of the game is not what everbody else will think of it. To say that the top selling WII games were shovelware is ignorance on your part because at the same time they were system sellers. Why would the masses go purchase a system for bad games ? Consumers are more concious about spending than you think they are and they never lie about what they want.

If you went to a friends house and asked "Hey, you played the new Super Mario 3D world game, right? Well is it any good?" and your friend says " yea man, its a great game. Its the best Mario ive played in a few years" then your friend just pretty much gave you his review of the game summed up in 2 sentences.

How do you know if your friend is not biased ? There's a clear difference between the masses and the forum dwellers here like yourself. Your example does not show the reality. Most of the people that played SM3DW are not mentioning it as "good" but instead are keeping silent about it ? Why is that ? 

Sales DO NOT = Quality

That right there folks is what you'd call a bad conclusion from awful examples. 

Lmao! I'm on to what you're doing.

The review is pretty much what is said about the game. Im not talking about the review score. Im talking about just the review where there is a description of what the reviewer thought about the game.

If a game is being advertised, how would you know if it was trash or not?

Yea if the quality of a title is bad then its sales will eventually halt a lot quicker than it would have if it was Quality. And when did i say that the best selling games on the Wii were shovelware? Go back and show me where i said this

A friend being biased is no different from anybody else. You would never really know if somebody is being biased UNTIL YOU HAVE PLAYED THE GAME FOR YOURSELF. After that, your opinions on the game could be just as biased  as the person you claimed was biased in the 1st place.

And i was just using SM3DW as an example. You just weren't able to comprehend it ;)

Around the Network
Kane1389 said:
Kane1389 said:

Are you implying that a quality game is only a quality game if it sells a lot?

What's the problem with that ? 

So the game that sells less than, lets say 3 million is a bad game?

Again there's a certain criteria that i would make. All games that sell over a million are considered decent. A game that sells between 3-5 million is good. Games that go over 5 million are pretty good. Yadadada you know the rest.

Look out guys, we got a real free thinker here! Lol. If that's how you rate how good a game is you've really missed out on some quality games. Guess the greatest games ever made are GTA San Andreas, New Super Mario Bros Wii, Wii Play, GTA V, New Super Mario Bros (DS), Wii Sports resort, Mario Kart Wii, Tetris, Super Mario Bros (NES), and Wii Sports. Those are the top 10 best selling games worldwide. Nothing but top notch quality.

cyberninja45 said:
EricFabian said:
enditall727 said:

The reason people bought the WII was mostly because of first party titles

if this was the case then why didn't people buy the N64 and GC for the first party? There were quality titles on N64 AND GC so what was their excuse?

@Bold Alot of the titles on the N64 weren't high quality with a few exceptions but as for gamecube there's even less quality titles as evidenced by the game sales. People bought the PS1 and PS2 instead because they were the better systems with better games, simple as that.  

Sales =/= Quality. Stop with this. You are wrong.

Then tell me how I am wrong ? 

While quality is subjective and differs from person to person sales do not equal quality. It's simple really since games are interactive entertainment you would have to you know interact with it to be able to judge this quality, only after doing this would you be able to judge the quality of that game (since people have different taste a quality product would differ depending on the person).

Now unless you are  telling me you have the ability to judge the quality of a game without actually playing it I just explained to you why you are wrong.

Then tell me why the masses would go about purchasing a bad game then ? Selling to the masses is more trickier than you think. 

How would you know the game was bad?

Kane1389 said:
Kane1389 said:

Again there's a certain criteria that i would make. All games that sell over a million are considered decent. A game that sells between 3-5 million is good. Games that go over 5 million are pretty good. Yadadada you know the rest.

What about all the good games that sold under 1 million due to no marketing and zero presentation/hype from the media?

enditall727 said:

Lmao! I'm on to what you're doing.

You mean nothing ? Cause that's where your clearly headed with your argument.

The review is pretty much what is said about the game. Im not talking about the review score. Im talking about just the review where there is a description of what the reviewer thought about the game.

What good is a description if nobody buys games based on what the review says ?

If a game is being advertised, how would you know if it was trash or not?

Once again the best advertising isn't going to save a game. If the game gets good advertising but flops then you can clearly tell that it was trash.

Yea if the quality of a title is bad then its sales will eventually halt a lot quicker than it would have if it was Quality. And when did i say that the best selling games on the Wij were shovelware? Go back and show me whsre i said this

It sounds like you admitted defeat on that first line here.

A friend being biased is no different from anybody else. You would never really know if somebody is being biased UNTIL YOU HAVE PLAYED THE GAME FOR YOURSELF. After that, your opinions on the game could be just as biased  as the person you claimed was biased in the 1st place.

The only way to remove the bias is using sales as a measurement of quality. A consensus on a form of entertainment is better and more relevant than an argument against a stigmatized gaming community around here. 

And i was just using SM3DW as an example. You just weren't able to comprehend it much like everything else;)

It sounds like you failed to use your example to prove your point.

Around the Network
bigtakilla said:
Kane1389 said:
Kane1389 said:

Look out guys, we got a real free thinker here! Lol. If that's how you rate how good a game is you've really missed out on some quality games. Guess the greatest games ever made are GTA San Andreas, New Super Mario Bros Wii, Wii Play, GTA V, New Super Mario Bros (DS), Wii Sports resort, Mario Kart Wii, Tetris, Super Mario Bros (NES), and Wii Sports. Those are the top 10 best selling games worldwide. Nothing but top notch quality.

@Bold You probably don't have anything better either.

Kane1389 said:
Kane1389 said:
Kane1389 said:

What about all the good games that sold under 1 million due to no marketing and zero presentation/hype from the media?

Tell me how we knew those games were "good" ? 

cyberninja45 said:
EricFabian said:
enditall727 said:

The reason people bought the WII was mostly because of first party titles

if this was the case then why didn't people buy the N64 and GC for the first party? There were quality titles on N64 AND GC so what was their excuse?

@Bold Alot of the titles on the N64 weren't high quality with a few exceptions but as for gamecube there's even less quality titles as evidenced by the game sales. People bought the PS1 and PS2 instead because they were the better systems with better games, simple as that.  

Sales =/= Quality. Stop with this. You are wrong.

Then tell me how I am wrong ? 

While quality is subjective and differs from person to person sales do not equal quality. It's simple really since games are interactive entertainment you would have to you know interact with it to be able to judge this quality, only after doing this would you be able to judge the quality of that game (since people have different taste a quality product would differ depending on the person).

Now unless you are  telling me you have the ability to judge the quality of a game without actually playing it I just explained to you why you are wrong.

Then tell me why the masses would go about purchasing a bad game then ? Selling to the masses is more trickier than you think. 

As much as we like to group people together in general terms like the masses or the public or hardcore/casual or whatever if 90 million people bought a game those are 90 million individuals, each one of them having a different experience with that game.  How would you know each person experience with the game?

Again quality is subjective according to each and everyone of those 90 million individuals, there is no gamer or person that plays a game called the masses, sales would not be an indication of that person interpretation of quality in that game.

My 3ds friendcode: 5413-0232-9676 (G-cyber)

OT this reason has been expressed since the beginning its nothing new.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=150379&page=1

My 3ds friendcode: 5413-0232-9676 (G-cyber)

Kane1389 said:
Kane1389 said:
Kane1389 said:

Tell me how we knew those games were "good" ? 

Because people like them?