By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The REAL reason the Wii U is struggling and what needs to be done! Nintendo fans, get in here!!

cyberninja45 said:

As much as we like to group people together in general terms like the masses or the public or hardcore/casual or whatever if 90 million people bought a game those are 90 million individuals, each one of them having a different experience with that game.  How would you know each person experience with the game?

Again quality is subjective according to each and everyone of those 90 million individuals, there is no gamer or person that plays a game called the masses, sales would not be an indication of that person interpretation of quality in that game.

It's true that you have to play the game in order to know that it was worthwhile but again how would you know that the masses have purchased a bad game ? To even get to those levels of sales you would need some pretty good damn legs in order for that to happen. To obtain those legs, the masses little by little have to start mentioning something more worthwhile about it for that to happen. Quality is subjective in the eyes of an individual but sales and profits ain't because these stats are the ones that tell us if  people enjoyed the game. Therefore quality should be defined by the sales instead of what some individual says. If the game is trash I'm sure some people would be willing to return them or resell them. 

Around the Network
Kane1389 said:

Because people like them?

Did the masses like or was that some hardcore fan ? 

fatslob-:O said:
Kane1389 said:

What difference does it make?

Kane1389 said:
Kane1389 said:

What difference does it make?

It makes ALOT of difference. It would essentially make the SALES = QUALITY point null and void. The reason I made the distinction between them is because hardcore fans are obviously gonna be biased. 

Kane1389 said:

Again there's a certain criteria that i would make. All games that sell over a million are considered decent. A game that sells between 3-5 million is good. Games that go over 5 million are pretty good. Yadadada you know the rest.

What about all the good games that sold under 1 million due to no marketing and zero presentation/hype from the media?

Tell me how we knew those games were "good" ? 

So what's your opinion on each of these games?

Rayman Legends, Psychonauts, Mirror's Edge, Grim Fandango, The Last Express, Okami, Shenmue, Last Window: The Secret of Cape West, Enslaved, The Wonderful 101?

Good or bad?

Around the Network
Conina said:
Kane1389 said:

Again there's a certain criteria that i would make. All games that sell over a million are considered decent. A game that sells between 3-5 million is good. Games that go over 5 million are pretty good. Yadadada you know the rest.

What about all the good games that sold under 1 million due to no marketing and zero presentation/hype from the media?

Tell me how we knew those games were "good" ? 

So what's your opinion on each of these games?

Rayman Legends, Psychonauts, Mirror's Edge, Grim Fandango, The Last Express, Okami, Shenmue, Last Window: The Secret of Cape West, Enslaved, The Wonderful 101?

Good or bad?

Probably all bad. There's a good reason as to why these games didn't sell well.

Jesus. Now I'm sure you are only another troll. You are now the new ninjablade

Moderated - Kresnik.

Click HERE and be happy 

EricFabian said:

Jesus. Now I'm sure you are only another troll. You are now the new ninjablade

You wish but the fact that the matter is I don't run away from sales data because that's supposed to be the point of going to this site. 

enditall727 said:

Lmao! I'm on to what you're doing.

You mean nothing ? Cause that's where your clearly headed with your argument.

The review is pretty much what is said about the game. Im not talking about the review score. Im talking about just the review where there is a description of what the reviewer thought about the game.

What good is a description if nobody buys games based on what the review says ?

If a game is being advertised, how would you know if it was trash or not?

Once again the best advertising isn't going to save a game. If the game gets good advertising but flops then you can clearly tell that it was trash.

Yea if the quality of a title is bad then its sales will eventually halt a lot quicker than it would have if it was Quality. And when did i say that the best selling games on the Wij were shovelware? Go back and show me whsre i said this

It sounds like you admitted defeat on that first line here.

A friend being biased is no different from anybody else. You would never really know if somebody is being biased UNTIL YOU HAVE PLAYED THE GAME FOR YOURSELF. After that, your opinions on the game could be just as biased  as the person you claimed was biased in the 1st place.

The only way to remove the bias is using sales as a measurement of quality. A consensus on a form of entertainment is better and more relevant than an argument against a stigmatized gaming community around here. 

And i was just using SM3DW as an example. You just weren't able to comprehend it much like everything else;)

It sounds like you failed to use your example to prove your point.

you mean nothing ? Cause that's where your clearly headed with your argument

I'll leave it alone for now. Dont worry, your secret is safe with me ;)

What good is a description if nobody buys games based on what the review says ?

How exactly would a forum dweller like yourself know this? 

#Fail

Once again the best advertising isn't going to save a game. If the game gets good advertising but flops then you can clearly tell that it was trash.

because WORD OF MOUTH and REVIEWS about it being bad from individuals who played it got around

#Fail

Yea if the quality of a title is bad then its sales will eventually halt a lot quicker than it would have if it was Quality.

It sounds like you admitted defeat on that first line here.

again because the people who would've played it would've also let it be known that the game was bad. Maybe you should read it again, genius

#Fail

The only way to remove the bias is using sales as a measurement of quality. A consensus on a form of entertainment is better and more relevant than an argument against a stigmatized gaming community around here

umm.. no. The only way to remove bias is to play the game for yourself to determine to yourself if it was biased or not.

#Fail

It sounds like you failed to use your example to prove your point.

No. You just didn't comprehend it, Mr. Rudisha/Attaboy ;)

The GamePad is holding the Wii U back in the sense that it's way too difficult to grasp. It's as complex as the competition and then some.

Would the solution be to abandon it?

I don't believe so.

The solution would be what they're already doing. De-emphasizing it, in favor of showing people enjoying the games, and emphasizing that most of them can be played with the Wiimote.

This way, they're sneaking the GamePad and all the good it bring into the homes of people. After all, moreso than trying to be a new standard for controllers, the GamePad is trying to be an integral part of the console, that helps the system be more engaging to interact with, and people can discover this on their own once their got the system into their hands to play games that only need the Wiimote, like Mario platformers and Mario Kart.