By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Tell me why should get an XB1

Frequency said:
JayWood2010 said:

Then maybe you should listen to your own advice and ask him questions rather than assuming things like him only wanting TitanFall or assuming he doesnt have the right TV.  Maybe ask him what tv or what games he likes. All he said is that is the only exclusive he knows about.  Instead youre jumping on to somebody about giving an opinion on their experience.

Or because I read his next post.

I did but did you?

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=5895140

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=5895159

Im pretty sure it says that TitanFall is on PC and that he doesnt know about any of the other exclusice, which i mentioned this to you in the first post i made.  DId you try and ask him about what type of games he is interested in?  Nope.  Did you ask him what TV he is using? Nope.

As i previously said, SOny fans will say no and Xbox fans will say yes(in most cases).  I see very little of people actually asking him about stuff or giving them their experiences.  Jmurph actually gave his experience and even though he may have assumed that the OP is using a specific TV you arent doing any better by assuming he doesnt have one of TV's.  

This is the reason these threads are bad in the first place.   Some honest comments but also some propaganda comments as well. Not saying yours is but you sure didnt even try and see what the op is interested in or actually try and answer his/her question objectively.

Around the Network
Mr Puggsly said:
fatslob-:O said:

I'm glad to hear that because dead rising looks very fun from the looks of it. It would be a game that I would pruchase from it's launch library. 

I haven't completed it, but I played it for like 5 hours straight the other day and I'm having a lot of fun. It feels like a game I may actually play multiple times, something I rarely do these days.

I bought the three major X1 exclusives along with Crimson Dragon and Killer Instinct. I'm enjoying them all, X1 had a strong launch in my opinion.

Well to be honest, neither of the next gen consoles had a great line up so far and that includes the WII U with it's current line up. I don't think dead rising 3 is exactly worth $500 but maybe halo 5 is.

So you can get in shape with Tony Horton in Kinect Fitness, then we can play Ryse and later learn and explore TitanFall together with the rest of the team.

Later, cause your are now in such good shape, I can be your wing man when you hit on people in the bar. You will get a promotion at work, and take an amazing vacation.

Life will just get even better.

Really not sure I see any point of Consol over PC's since Kinect, Wii and other alternative ways to play have been abandoned. 

Top 50 'most fun' game list coming soon!

Tell me a funny joke!

Well to be honest, neither of the next gen consoles had a great line up so far and that includes the WII U with it's current line up. I don't think dead rising 3 is exactly worth $500 but maybe halo 5 is.

Can't argue with that.

Maybe by the time Halo 5 comes out the X1 won't be $499.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

bigjon said:

Forza had my eye until it came out half baked. Titanfall if good will be on PC. 

Comments like that make me feel bad for enjoying and playing many hours of Forza 5.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Around the Network
JayWood2010 said:

I did but did you?

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=5895140

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=5895159

Im pretty sure it says that TitanFall is on PC and that he doesnt know about any of the other exclusice, which i mentioned this to you in the first post i made.  DId you try and ask him about what type of games he is interested in?  Nope.  Did you ask him what TV he is using? Nope.

As i previously said, SOny fans will say no and Xbox fans will say yes(in most cases).  I see very little of people actually asking him about stuff or giving them their experiences.  Jmurph actually gave his experience and even though he may have assumed that the OP is using a specific TV you arent doing any better by assuming he doesnt have one of TV's.  

This is the reason these threads are bad in the first place.   Some honest comments but also some propaganda comments as well. Not saying yours is but you sure didnt even try and see what the op is interested in or actually try and answer his/her question objectively.

It isn't up to me, or you, or anyone else, to teach OP about the exclusives, thats what games reviewers are paid to do.
If OP doesn't want to put in the time to learn about them to begin with then he does not care much for the little hes seen of them, but again, im going off of the posts he made in my response, saying he shouldnt, and should stick to PC if the only thing he knows that interests him is titanfall, assuming its good when its released.

Sure, we can suggest games, but suggesting them is going to result in either the suggestion being shot down or otherwise.

It's not like OP will be completely blind of all things Xbox One, it's practically impossible to be in to gaming, and own a next gen system and gaming pc and not come across media regarding the xbox one titles, people generally dig in and learn more if what they skim through grabs their attention.

But then, this isn't so much a response to this particular topic at hand, or the matter of asking questions or not, more over it's simply a kneejerk reaction to your particular distaste for me and my attitude, and your assumption that i'm a "sony fangirl", as you made so clear in your above post but will no doubt claim otherwise.

The are other things as well, of course, less seen by the common poster, but there regardless.

Learn to control your emotions, is all i can suggest to you, and if you want to continue that topic, then by all means do so on irc or in PM, rather than in responses on the forums.

As for the "you don't need one" part of my comment, videogames are a luxury, an optional luxury that nobody needs, theyre simply things we "want", if he needs to post and ask to be convinced to buy one in the first place, then he doesn't have a strong enough desire of his own to warrant buying one, yet.

Frequency said:
bigjon said:

I have good pc(Radeon 6950 x2, Intel 2500K, and 16gb of ram )  aPS4, and a WiiU which is collecting dust waiting for SSB and Zelda. Is there something it offers me me I cant get with what I have? Ilike burning money on electronics if I have at least some use for them.

You shouldnt, because you dont need one, Titan Fall is coming out on PC.

aryu said:
One reason I can think of: Xbox, on!

I would love it if my PS4+Camera could do that.

Given that the very next thing you would do is pick up the controller, whats wrong with simply pressing the PS button?

Lol I just like the gimmick :p

PS3, PS4, PSV, Wii U, 3DS + 3DS XL Owner.

PlayStation Nation

NNID: aminryu1

I need to stop buying games...

aryu said:
Frequency said:
bigjon said:

I have good pc(Radeon 6950 x2, Intel 2500K, and 16gb of ram )  aPS4, and a WiiU which is collecting dust waiting for SSB and Zelda. Is there something it offers me me I cant get with what I have? Ilike burning money on electronics if I have at least some use for them.

You shouldnt, because you dont need one, Titan Fall is coming out on PC.

aryu said:
One reason I can think of: Xbox, on!

I would love it if my PS4+Camera could do that.

Given that the very next thing you would do is pick up the controller, whats wrong with simply pressing the PS button?

Lol I just like the gimmick :p

I'd find HDMI-CEC more useful personally, while the xbox one hardware does support it's use, its current OS doesn't use it.
Having to have a compatible IR using TV for it to work is a big dealbreaker for me as I do a lot of gaming on PC monitors rather than TV's, and as you can imagine, PC monitors don't generally use IR remotes.

bigjon said:
ZabuzaXtreme said:
bigjon said:
NobleTeam360 said:
What type of games do you like?

JRPG, WRPG, RTS, Turn bases strat, racing sims, platformers, more arcadish FPS games (Timesplitters 2 was one of my fav games ever), occasionally  a sports game with a friend, and Adventure games like Zelda or even Assassin's Creed.

If that is your choice of games then it best if you stick to PS4 & PC cause you won't find many RPG game on Xbox One. All Xbox One have to offer is shooter only not much variety.

Last gen I was super close to getting an X360 for Fable and the fact Skryrim broken to the point of unplayable on the PS3, thats is when I built my PC, Skyrim with all the mods and beter graphics was 10x better on PC.

Well you pretty much answer some of your own question i think. Like i said stick to PS4,PC & Wii U if you want more variety of games especially RPG games. Just don't complain when you buy an Xbox One and say there isn't enough game that interest you. Plus in comparision of the hardware between PS4 & Xbox One,the PS4 wins. Not to mention that PS4 have gaikai that let you play older PS game while the Xbox One doesn't have any backward compability at all. The only reason i bought Xbox One cause one of my favourite fighthing game is exclusive on that console and other exclusive game that spark my interest.

Mr Puggsly said:

Can't argue with that.

Maybe by the time Halo 5 comes out the X1 won't be $499.

By no means. That was is in reference to buying a XB1 FORForza. If  i were set on gettingan XB1 Forza would be my number one target right now. But

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut