By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Tell me why should get an XB1

Frequency said:
jlmurph2 said:

Well I guess if your TV doesn't use infra-red then you won't have that feature and you'll have to turn it on yourself. But you were asking about MY personal experience, which is the Kinect turning on my Xbox and TV with "Xbox On".

That's great for you but this threads about why the OP should get an XB1 or not, so without knowing if his TV is supported or even, if hes actually using a TV and not a monitor, it's no different than recommending a peice of pc hardware that has an accessory that only has a windows 8.1 driver, and not knowing if the OP is running windows 8.1.

My original post wasn't directed toward the OP, it was directed towards deskpro2k3. Which you ended up replying to just to see if you could debunk it by asking who turns on MY television. I've been informed about how conversations usually go with you so I'll end this here, peace.

Around the Network
Frequency said:
jlmurph2 said:

Well I guess if your TV doesn't use infra-red then you won't have that feature and you'll have to turn it on yourself. But you were asking about MY personal experience, which is the Kinect turning on my Xbox and TV with "Xbox On".

That's great for you but this threads about why the OP should get an XB1 or not, so without knowing if his TV is supported or even, if hes actually using a TV and not a monitor, it's no different than recommending a peice of pc hardware that has an accessory that only has a windows 8.1 driver, and not knowing if the OP is running windows 8.1.

Did the OP say turning on his TV with Kinect was important?

I mean... it seems like that's only your concern.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Mr Puggsly said:
fatslob-:O said:
Dead rising 3 looks fun to me so I think you should get the console for that even though it's not technically impressive.

But those graphics in an open world with countless zombies is technically impressive!

Those bad textures and framerates definitely aren't technically impressive while running at 720p but nonetheless I buy a game for the fun I want, not some worthless graphics that both sides of the fence are fighting something so worthless for. 

Frequency said:
jlmurph2 said:

That's great for you but this threads about why the OP should get an XB1 or not, so without knowing if his TV is supported or even, if hes actually using a TV and not a monitor,  it's no different than recommending a peice of pc hardware that has an accessory that only has a windows 8.1 driver, and not knowing if the OP is running windows 8.1.

Then maybe you should listen to your own advice and ask him questions rather than assuming things like him only wanting TitanFall or assuming he doesnt have the right TV.  Maybe ask him what tv or what games he likes. All he said is that is the only exclusive he knows about.  Instead youre jumping on to somebody about giving an opinion on their experience.

It would be like asking someone if I should get a PS4.  You ask them what games they like or what type of games they like.  Just because you feel a certain way about something doesnt mean everybody is the same way as you.  I love Ico but I wouldnt recommend it to somebody unless it fits their preferences.  The way the world works is there is various opinions and yours is only one out of 7 billion.

Mr Puggsly said:

But those graphics in an open world with countless zombies is technically impressive!

Those bad textures and framerates definitely aren't technically impressive while running at 720p but nonetheless I buy a game for the fun I want, not some worthless graphics that both sides of the fence are fighting something so worthless for. 

I found watching the game in action on my TV was more visually stunning than looking at the worst screen shots posted on the web.

My only gripe is the slowdown which seems to occur for no reason sometimes. I really hope Capcom patches that in the future, but I'm not holding my breath.

Recently Completed
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Around the Network
Mr Puggsly said:
Mr Puggsly said:

I found watching the game in action on my TV was more visually stunning than looking at the worst screen shots posted on the web.

My only gripe is the slowdown which seems to occur for no reason sometimes. I really hope Capcom patches that in the future, but I'm not holding my breath.

I'm glad to hear that because dead rising looks very fun from the looks of it. It would be a game that I would pruchase from it's launch library. 

JayWood2010 said:

Then maybe you should listen to your own advice and ask him questions rather than assuming things like him only wanting TitanFall or assuming he doesnt have the right TV.  Maybe ask him what tv or what games he likes. All he said is that is the only exclusive he knows about.  Instead youre jumping on to somebody about giving an opinion on their experience.

Or because I read his next post.

bigjon said:
ZabuzaXtreme said:
Cause it had better exclusive than PS4 ? Killer instinct,dead rising 3,forza,peggle 2,ryse and upcoming quantum break and sunset overdrive

Forza had my eye until it came out half baked. Titanfall if good will be on PC. 

Pretty much listed all of the exclusives to him and the only two he had any interest in, he himself says for forza, was interested till he saw the released game, and titanfall which he thinks will be good on pc.

thus its fair to say that with that and his later posts highlighting game genres he does like, if the current launch titles dont interest him, and the only upcoming titles he is interested in is coming to pc, my response to not get one and stick with his pc/ps4/wiiu is entirely justified.

JayWood2010 said:

Just because you feel a certain way about something doesnt mean everybody is the same way as you.

Precisely why i didn't bother suggesting Dead Rising 3, despite playing it the most out of all the PS4/XBO games i have, because.. as you said yourself.. on the same line..

JayWood2010 said:

I love Ico but I wouldnt recommend it to somebody unless it fits their preferences. 

By the time I posted they had already made their preference clear.

Nice try, though.

jlmurph2 said:

My original post wasn't directed toward the OP, it was directed towards deskpro2k3. Which you ended up replying to just to see if you could debunk it by asking who turns on MY television. I've been informed about how conversations usually go with you so I'll end this here, peace.

Good boy, you can message him back and say thanks from me, as I know, without asking, who it was.

I'm glad to hear that because dead rising looks very fun from the looks of it. It would be a game that I would pruchase from it's launch library. 

I haven't completed it, but I played it for like 5 hours straight the other day and I'm having a lot of fun. It feels like a game I may actually play multiple times, something I rarely do these days.

I bought the three major X1 exclusives along with Crimson Dragon and Killer Instinct. I'm enjoying them all, X1 had a strong launch in my opinion.

Recently Completed

bigjon said:
ZabuzaXtreme said:
Cause it had better exclusive than PS4 ? Killer instinct,dead rising 3,forza,peggle 2,ryse and upcoming quantum break and sunset overdrive

Forza had my eye until it came out half baked. Titanfall if good will be on PC. 

Assuming you don't care about the media stuff your PC does better, I would say Halo.  That is the only reason anyone I have talked to is getting it (Besides the BS friends got it too).

If you don't like Halo, then yeah PS4 is gonna have far more exclusives...

Prediction for console Lifetime sales:

Wii:100-120 million, PS3:80-110 million, 360:70-100 million

[Prediction Made 11/5/2009]

3DS: 65m, PSV: 22m, Wii U: 18-22m, PS4: 80-120m, X1: 35-55m

I gauruntee the PS5 comes out after only 5-6 years after the launch of the PS4.

[Prediction Made 6/18/2014]